The bad: My wife, son and his girl friendand I booked our vacation at the Vamar Vallarta from Dec. 26 - Jan 2. Our arrival was a screw up from the get go. The hotel was over-booked and they stuck us is some run down 2 bedroom condo on the ocean side of the resort. After walking over there, the electronic keys did not work and it took three keys until the door finally opened (half hour wasted). This owner/rental unit had furniture that looked like it came from a garage sale. Had a pee in the toilet and when I flushed it the result was water (and pee) overflowing all over the bathroom (another hour to get housekeeping to clean up the mess. The lady in charge at the front desk (Cecilia) really went out of way to help us out in spite of the fact that no management was anywhere to be found. We were given two rooms (like we paid for) the next day which were on the Marina side facing the marina which were a vast improvement and quite nice. She also arranged for a nice dinner (an extra one) for us at the restaurant which has pretty good food, but you're limited to 1 dinner a stay (?) which is nothing but cheap on the part of the hotel. It is a good thing we get to have two dinners there because the food at the main buffet is questionable. The breakfasts are good but lunch and dinner are sub-standard. Who ever is in charge of the catering must be some flunky with no cooking skills, imagination or qualifications to be doing the job. Running out of food every meal is unacceptable - even if it is sub-standard. And deserts are a joke - jello! Yes jello... Today though, a surprise, they had cake, but of course not enough of it so I can't say if it was any good. I went back to my room and had a granola bar because it was the only appetizing thing there was left to eat.
Now the positive. The location is good and it's a quick trip to downtown and a very short walk to the marina to enjoy some restaraunts (good food) and beer.
The service staff are a mix of really good and really couldn't give a crap. The real problem here is that this resort is very poorly managed, and obviously underfunded. Trying to operate condos and a resort is a recipe for disaster - at least they have one recipe down pat.
Would I stay here again - no flippin way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vamar VallartaThe perfect place to enjoy a well deserved break with your family, a romantic getaway or that special occasion… Relax and enjoy our beautiful gardens and experience the unique combination of excellent service, a spectacular natural environment and the characteristic beauty of the sea and beach of Puerto Vallarta.The best location in the exclusive Marina Vallarta area, our exceptional all-inclusive concept, wonderful views of one of the largest Marinas in Mexico and the spectacular Banderas Bay, the largest in our country are the ideal setting for enjoy a stress less experience. Your kids will enjoy the special area we have prepared for them, while you renew in the quiet of our special section for adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina And Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Embarcadero Pacifico Club
- Embarcadero Pacifico Puerto Vallarta
- Club Embarcadero Pacifico
- Hotel Embarcadero Pacifico