“We had a wonderful time!”

Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort
Ranked #40 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“We had a wonderful time!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I decided last minute to head to the Pacific Ocean, Puerto Vallarta. We wanted to be close to the town near the marina area and decided to stay at Vamar Hotel, former Embarcadero Pacifico. We have never stayed in that area in the past and we wanted to venture on something different this time.

First of all, I have to say I was truly Amazed at this property and the renovation they have done after the new brand took over. The location is SUPERB for that clientele looking for the best from both world, the beach and the marina. It is like staying at 2 properties in one. A breathtaking view from the beach side of the property is to be experienced, just a short walk from the main entrance and golf cart available that runs all day if you want that extra fun. Found out to be that it is just a couple of hundred feet away from the main entrance.

We got a room with 2 comfortable beds with fabulous blue turquoise/green marina colors for the linens perfect fit with a large size balcony overlooking the marina. The room has a pretty good size kitchen for those that like to cook and venture on their own; otherwise the hotel is an all-inclusive resort. All the rooms faced the marina area so you will always have a nice view when you wake up in the morning and relax in the balcony before heading to the beach or to the swimming pool.

There is a main large swimming pool in the main hotel and 2 swimming pools in the beach side, 3 restaurants; one in the marina called Café Marina Restaurant, Magallanes Restaurant located in between, and the last one located in the beach side called Caracol Snacks Bar. Beach Pool bars are located in both areas of the resort, one called La Joya Pool Bar and Caracol Pool Bar.

All rooms are located in the main building with some in the marina side. The marina area holds most of the vacation club members. I love the restaurant by the marina, the food is great while enjoying a nice breakfast, or simple lay out in one of the cabanas, or enjoy the day seating alongside the marina overlooking the tranquil water, birds flying by or just enjoying the view.

One a side note and depending on what time of the year – the beach area may be small for example in the month of September; however, I was there and didn’t bother me at all. I am personally a beach person but the view caught most of our attention and seating by the swimming overlooking the ocean was breathtaking.

The area was very nice, the grounds were very well kept and groomed with lots of large Iguanas wandering around the ground

We had a great service, the staff was just wonderful, the food was great! This is a great property for familly, couples, and friends getaway.

Good thing about being in this area is that it is close to the main attraction & to the downtown area, 5-10 minutes’ drive from the airport. Vallarta Adventure for all of your tours need is located about 5minutes away from the hotel and a couple of blocks from the marina dock.

There is a shopping plaza very close by within walking distance, Starbucks Coffee, restaurants, golf next door, etc

Taxi to the downtown area cost only about $80 pesos and $50pesos to the airport for a total of 4ppl; if you are doing adventurous and want to travel to a different city for example, there is a bus called Primera Plus just right across the street from the airport. It is very comfortable and easy access and goes to many towns.

Summarize, a great place to stay, a great value, close to town and awesome views.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Rossi2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
New York
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I live in New York, and during summer time I love to find new places to go to. My girlfriends and I decided to hit Puerto Vallarta and we had the pleasure of staying at Vamar. To sum it up, it was AMAZING, my friends are quite picky and high-maintenance so we usually get bad service or the staff can be rude to places we go to, yet, at Vamar, the personel was incredibly helpful and very attentive. The food was above par, the pools were really clean, and the guest activities were really fun. All and all we ALL had a FANTASTIC time staying here, location wise it's also superb.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, whether it's a romantic retreat, family fun or just a group of friends, it's truly wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Elizabeth H
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hello my name is Sarah and I am a student at Miami Ohio, and for Sr. year wanted to something more upscale than the normal PCB high schooler thing. So my sorority went to Puerto Vallarta on one of those all inclusive trips, our rep told us that the hotel (Vamar) was renovated with new beds, paint, floors and for a small up charge we could get a kitchen in out room. We booked out trip paid the extra money bought a gym and tanning membership and got ready for vacation. When we got there we blown away with how nice the Marina pool was but that was the last time we had that feeling. The room was a closet with 2 beds, we actually couldn't fit our bags in the room with us. The was paint and wall paper that looked like it was from the early 80s, no TV, shower curtain, our door lock was broken so I'm guessing you know the the kitchen was out of the picture. I decided to go and ask the front desk about the upgrade and was told that the hotel was sold out and there was no other option, one of my friends was crying and almost went home. I talked to our "Rep" from Xtreme and he basically blew me off with and I quote "some people don't have rooms, I'm going to help them first". I get that they needed to be helped but as a travel company how do you over sell a hotel and mess up reservations so bad. We decided to let it go and have a good time on out LAST spring break. The food was not edible by and standard, the alcohol wasn't watered down, it just wasn't alcohol, and there was NO BEACH! What kind of beach front resort doesn't have a beach?

Sorry for the long review but I have been to PV 2 times, Panama City Beach 2 times and South Padre once this was the wost hotel I have ever stayed at. The City is awesome and clubs are the best I've ever seen and people are so nice but I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Dont stay here its not worth it
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
16 Thank Sarah J
Provo, Utah
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our family loved this property, where we rented two rooms. The service was truly the best part, especially the waiters. It was peaceful to sit next to the water during mealtime and watch the boats come in and out. We had a fun birthday celebration while there and the chef and waiter made our evening extra special for us! There has been some nice renovation to the rooms, large and spacious, and we enjoyed the beautiful view on our balcony. Each day the rooms were cleaned very nice. Our only complaint was there was occasionally an odd smell in one of our rooms. We liked the variety of pools both on the hotel side and across the street at the beach. The vendors were abundant at the beach, but this didn't bother us. Our boys had a great time para-sailing and swimming in the ocean - the beaches next door to the property were actually better beaches so we mostly swam there. The grounds were groomed and cleaned impeccably. We noticed someone was always caring for them. We liked passing by the field each morning and seeing the iguanas. Our family had a blast when we joined in one evening for some fun competition with show-tune trivia. We visited Puerto Vallarta in late May and had almost perfect weather. We appreciated that neither the hotel or city was too crowded. The staff was also good to give us some great inexpensive suggestions as where to go and what to do in the city. The local bus stops right outside the hotel and several times we took it into town to shop and then onto the botanical gardens.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Trina S
Victor_Manuel, Public Relations Manager at Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for having your birth day celebration with us at Vamar Vallarta, every single week we share all the comments with the rest of the staff, your word give us a lot of motivation to kept the good work.

Once again we would like to thank you for visiting Mexico and Puerto Vallarta, and of course for staying with us.

Saludos amigos
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I went to Puerto Vallarta to golf and stayed at the Vamar Vallarta. It was perfect. The Marina Vallarta golf course is right next door. We golfed the Vista Weiskoph and the Flamingos while we were there too. I had stayed at the Vamar a few years ago when it was known as the Embarcadero. I must say everything about it is much better. My golf buddy and I really enjoyed the food served at the marina-side restaurant. We weren't interested in eating in a formal restaurant anyway. They told us that their formal restaurant is open on weekends during the low season, but we didn't try it. We found the service, staff, and rooms excellent. I have visited Puerto Vallarta over 30 times, and have stayed in at least 10 different hotels during that time. Vamar is not the best hotel in town, but for me it is the best value, by far. MK

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mark K
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at the Vamar Vallarta during Spring Break in March and I must say, the Vamar is AWESOME! I stayed in a Superior Room on the 3rd floor and my room had a huge balcony, kitchen, and living area. The beds were nice and my room had a flat screen TV, although who stays in your room during spring break? During the day, the parties were CRAZY over by the beach pools however you could also relax by the marina side which was much quieter. The whole hotel was spring breakers which made it much more fun than any place I’ve stayed for Spring Break. The drinks were strong and the service was excellent; I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a drink. I had stayed at the Oasis in Cancun and this was a MUCH better experience! The food was okay; although, I was always able to find something I liked. I’ll definitely be coming back here again and I highly recommend staying here anytime, especially Spring Break!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank dreich123
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hotel has gone thru a big change the main part of construction is done and they continue to do improvement. I love the 4 pools two on Marina side and two on the beach side. The hotel has great views from all angles. Food is ok nothing fancy. Breakfast is very good. Staff are helpful and Mateo is a good activity guy that will show you a good time. The new rooms are nice and I love the colors. Still some old rooms but I was told they will be fixing those in the next months. Bottom line it is the best priced hotel in the Marina area. Steps away from the marinas shops and restaurants. I will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business