Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$252
Hilton.com
$291
$100
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$339
$250
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$220
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$183
$209
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Beachfront
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Pool
All reviewsgay beachgay hotelzona romanticaevery morningpool areayogurtother guestsrooms are basiclos muertos pierplenty of hot watergreen chairssmall hotelking roomromantic zonesmall poolcleaned every dayceiling fan
Reviewed November 25, 2013

During our trip to Puerto Vallarta this November, we stayed at Hotel Mercurio. What a great experience!

Our room was very clean, and stocked with everything we needed. The location can't be beat, as we were only two blocks from the beach, and close to more restaurants, shops, and bars than we were able to try while we were there. We enjoyed having a pool available and took advantage of the complimentary breakfast every morning. Thanks, Luis! Gabriel was always so helpful, and made helpful suggestions. We enjoyed the on-site bar as well, and Jorge took good care of us. Each and every staff member was so pleasant and attentive!

We got to know some of the other guests that were staying at Hotel Mercurio that week, and met some really interesting and friendly people. It really feels like a little community, and we were happy to be a part of it for the week we stayed there.

On our next trip to Puerto Vallarta, we will stay at Hotel Mercurio again, and next time for much longer! See you all soon!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are great for people watching, but not as quiet as the rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brett W
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The staff are great- esp Jose Luis and his great cooking !! David and Gabriel are wondeful too !! The Bartender Jorge is great and speaks good English and gets American culture !! The breakfast is very good but far too routine if you are staying for a week or more !!
I expressed my concerns already about not getting the room I always have and went out of my way to make sure I had when I arrived !! This didnt happen and I was very dissappointed as a repeat guest!! There is no reasonable excuse for this other than an a moment of convenience to fill my room as another guest requsted an upgrade !! PVR gay guest lodging is only going to get more extremely competitive !!! I hope Mercurio is up to the new market challanges !! I like the place alot and overall feel very comfortable at Mercurio !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank scotty100-ta
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Have stayed here many times and it continues to live up to it's reputation as being clean, very reasonably priced, and with staff that rival some of the top hotels in the world. It is not a 5 star hotel, but it does offer 5 star hospitality. For a fussy traveler, it may present challenges as there are not irons, hair driers, in room etc...accommodations are basic, but clean. The location, steps from Olas Altas, cannot be beat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gfromftl
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've stayed at the Mercurio more times than I can count. I've just read some of the recent "less than favorable" reviews of this hotel, and feel the need to add my two cents to the discussion. This hotel markets itself as a reasonably-priced with great service. No more, certainly no less. If you are one of those high-maintenance sorts that whine if the towels aren't ironed and no mints are on the pillow, don't stay there. It is NOT the Ritz, nor does it pretend to be. And if you are looking for a Palm Springs/Key West bathhouse disguised as a hotel environment where you can pick up that 20-30 something for a vacation hookup around the pool, don't stay there. It's not that kind of place, nor does it market itself to be. BUT, if you want a CLEAN, SAFE, and REASONABLY-PRICED hotel in a GREAT LOCATION with 5-STAR SERVICE, then stay at the Mercurio. You can measure the quality of a property by the percentage of repeat customers. I would bet the Mercurio's is one of the highest in PV. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Just my two cents.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor are the best if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank rlovestotravel
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've stayed at Hotel Mercurio the last three years. Upon arrival, the staff greets you like "you're coming home" and I'm sad when it's time to leave! I don't speak Spanish, but it's not a problem because the entire staff is bi-lingual and are always happy to assist in translating. A yummy, hot, pool-side breakfast is included in the room-rate. They have Happy Hour daily pool-side, which is always fun! I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd Floor Rooms are quieter. 1st Floor Rooms are pool side, which you might like.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends