“Very friendly! Basic hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Mercurio

Hotel Mercurio
Ranked #55 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Canfield, Ohio
“Very friendly! Basic hotel.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The staff is friendly and attentive to your requests. The rooms are very simply furnished with a hostel feel. The location is great and within walking distance to the beach, clubs, restaurants and all the Zona Remantica offerings. They offer a good happy hour and morning breakfast. The breakfast is simple. Their best asset is the location. If this hotel was in the states, you would not stay here. It is out dated and in need of a complete make over.

Room Tip: No fitness center or restaurant. The pool side rooms can experience some noise. Our room was street...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Chicago
Reviewed February 25, 2013

i go to Puerto Vallarta about 5 times a year and always stay at Hotel Mercuio. The staff is out of this world English and Spanish spoken..I would never stay anywhere else......I just returned again from 13 days staying at Mercurio and i want to thank them for making me feel right at home. I have to be honest and did not want to write a review because i wanted Hotel Mercurio all to myself.......

Most hotels at homophobic such as Los Arcos and you can not even bring an American Friend to your room EVER unless they are staying there.

Room Tip: pool is great, if you want really quiet request the king room facing the street.
1 Thank Mark F
San Francisco
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I just returned from a short stay at Mercurio in PV. The hotel is a pleasant place to stay. It's location is great. The staff are very helpful. Breakfasts are great and very social. Alex at the front desk is a bit cool but not pretentious. The manager is always around and helpful. You gotta like a hotel that has a board posted for all employees with an organization goal and specific steps to achieve that goal outlined. The rooms are plain but comfortable. They are very clean. The bathroom is the most outdated part of the room but it is maintained and clean. The management readily admits in their in-room guide that they are pouring profits into renovating the hotel and you definitely see evidence of that. Hopefully, bathrooms is high on the list. Unfortunately, I had to leave early because I injured myself on one of the gay day cruises (it should have never gone out knowing how bad the ocean was and I will review it separately). Back to Mercurio - they understood my situation - and allowed me to check out early without charging for the time I originally booked. I've stayed at other hotels that wouldn't be so considerate. For this reason alone, I rate them excellent. Excellent in customer service. I would recommend Mercurio to anyone.

Room Tip: Only drawback: although staying around the pool keeps out street noise, there is a happy hour every...
1 Thank SanFranciscoKaycey
Eugene
Reviewed February 14, 2013

It was my first time in Mexico, I spoke no Spanish, and knew no one in Puerto Vallarta. The staff and guests at the Hotel Mercurio help make my stay fun, adventurous, and very safe. I read all the reviews, and still everything exceeded my expectations.

Every guest I met at the Mercurio had been there before and were planning to come back. I'm going back.

Chelsea, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I come to PV fairly often and usually with friends. We always stay here due to location and the amazing staff.The rooms are just average, it really is all about their amazing staff and the great location. I recommend this hotel to everyone, just keep in mind, this is not a 5 star hotel, accommodation wise, but is 5 star thanks to the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed just completed our 2nd stay at HM and we have already booked our rom for next year. The HM is conveniently located, it is always very clean and the staff is so wonderful. They are friendly and attentive. We enjoy the morning breakfast and the community feel that is present among the guests. We know there are other choices, but we keep going back to HM for the things I have said above.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Staying at Hotel Mercurio is one of the things that helps make my trips to PVR so special. It's a beach side hotel that's about a thousand years old, and it reminds me of summers at the family cottage. The AMAZING staff helps perpetuate the family atmosphere as they do an excellent job maintaining the aging property and providing excellent customer service. I just don't know how you can beat it for the price...

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends