“Owner Neglect”

Ranked #57 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Las Vegas
“Owner Neglect”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Its hard to go wrong with such a great staff and location. However, no basic improvements that are long over due. It could be a hidden jewel with basics .
Paint, counter tops and something besides tin foil for cabinet liners.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have just returned from a week's stay at this lovely hotel. It is located right in the heart of the "Romantic Zone" and is very convenient to many restaurants, bars, and, of course, the beach. This was my second stay at this property and will certainly not be my last. I would certainly recommend this hotel to the clientele this hotel caters to. By all means, please give this quaint property and their friendly staff a visit on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Scott R
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I made a trip to Puerto Vallarta by myself, and researched numerous hotels online before going. I choose Mercurio and was VERY glad that I did. Many other hotel guests were on their 7th and 8th stay at the Mercurio. The Mercurio is not a resort (like the ones 20 minutes away), but it is a FANTASTIC charming hotel right in the middle of all the Puerto Vallarta action. I couldn't have wished for a better location. A short walk to blue chairs/green chairs, short walk to the malecon, bars... just a great location. The hotel is just enough. Comfortable, clean and best of all very affordable. A treat is a made to order breakfast each morning (rico!). I asked other guests about other hotels, and they told me they had stayed at other ones only once, and always returned to the Mercurio. When I go back I will stay at the Mercurio (hopefully the exact same room!). My room was on the first floor by the pool. I could exit my room (even leave it unlocked) and congregate with others while keeping an eye on my room (very, very safe). I was shocked on a Wednesday when I returned from a Zip Line excursion to an awesome pool party with water baloons and water guns (it was so much fun)... you didn't have to know the people you were playing with... everyone just had a great time. The bar is great (opens at 3)... a beer is around one dollar (WAY, WAY better value than paying an enormous price for an all-inclusive that serves watered down drinks). They'll make drinks on request (and even look them up). I'm so happy I stayed there. I would also recommend booking the Grayline transportation from the Airport to the Hotel (and the return trip). Very nice (they wait for you with your name on a sign and coordinate everything) allowing you to enjoy your time in PV. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! Awesome people, awesome guests. Thanks Mercurio!!!

Room Tip: If you don't enjoy stairs ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mgwtrader
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Comfortable, Calm, and Clean. and that's to say the least. I'm not a resort kind of guy, since I believe small hotels like the Mercurio can provide better customer service, and they sure did. Everyone, and I mean everyone works for the hotel had a smile on their faces all the time, very helpful, and always friendly. Location is great, very low key but still two mins walk to almost everything including, of course, the beautiful beach. Beds were very comfy, but that could also be because of all the happy hourS around town. Overall we had a great stay!!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room away from the pool, that's if your planning to sleep at 9 PM, which will n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MidEastChi
Chicago
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My partner and I stayed here from 7/21/12-7/28/12 and loved every minute of it! The hotel itself is old but then again most of the hotels in this area are old. The Hotel Mercurio staff were so wonderful to deal with and always willing to help you at anytime you needed assistance.

The morning breakfast usually consisted of: pastries, coffee, juice, egg's anyway you like, a hot cooked dish that changed daily, toat, and other delicious items as well. Rooms were adequate and served it's purpose. Like I said the hotel is old but was always clean and didn't have any odors of anykind.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, I would bypass a fancy resort anytime in PV for the Hotel Mercurio, especially since it is 1 block from the beach!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It had been several years since I had stayed inthe Hotel Mercurio, but on this visit I needed a room pronto and once again Mercurio exceeded my expectations. The staff is ALWAYS friendly, the other guests who stay here are as well.

It is just a great gathering place for happy hour inthe pool or at the bar and all I can say is BRAVO guys! Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Depending on your needs, pool side is ver social and geat access for a dip. If you are looking for...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Upon arrival to the airport I was greeted with a VIP attendant to take us to our awaiting van which took us directly to the hotel. The hotel was perfect. Right in the heart of Old Town and the area in which I wanted to be in. The staff are so nice and helpful and the hotel was very clean. I must say, I didn't want to ever leave. It's a short walk to EVERYTHING! The courtyard pool and afternoon happy hour, as well as the morning poolside breakfast made it all the more enjoyable. We made some really great friends on this trip both at the hotel and surrounding areas. Be adventurous, explore!!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room here...but I'd request one with a pool view. Only a couple of them l...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends