“First Time in Puerto Vallarta; I got lucky choosing Mercurio!”
Review of Hotel Mercurio

Hotel Mercurio
Ranked #60 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I made a trip to Puerto Vallarta by myself, and researched numerous hotels online before going. I choose Mercurio and was VERY glad that I did. Many other hotel guests were on their 7th and 8th stay at the Mercurio. The Mercurio is not a resort (like the ones 20 minutes away), but it is a FANTASTIC charming hotel right in the middle of all the Puerto Vallarta action. I couldn't have wished for a better location. A short walk to blue chairs/green chairs, short walk to the malecon, bars... just a great location. The hotel is just enough. Comfortable, clean and best of all very affordable. A treat is a made to order breakfast each morning (rico!). I asked other guests about other hotels, and they told me they had stayed at other ones only once, and always returned to the Mercurio. When I go back I will stay at the Mercurio (hopefully the exact same room!). My room was on the first floor by the pool. I could exit my room (even leave it unlocked) and congregate with others while keeping an eye on my room (very, very safe). I was shocked on a Wednesday when I returned from a Zip Line excursion to an awesome pool party with water baloons and water guns (it was so much fun)... you didn't have to know the people you were playing with... everyone just had a great time. The bar is great (opens at 3)... a beer is around one dollar (WAY, WAY better value than paying an enormous price for an all-inclusive that serves watered down drinks). They'll make drinks on request (and even look them up). I'm so happy I stayed there. I would also recommend booking the Grayline transportation from the Airport to the Hotel (and the return trip). Very nice (they wait for you with your name on a sign and coordinate everything) allowing you to enjoy your time in PV. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! Awesome people, awesome guests. Thanks Mercurio!!!

Room Tip: If you don't enjoy stairs ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mgwtrader

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Comfortable, Calm, and Clean. and that's to say the least. I'm not a resort kind of guy, since I believe small hotels like the Mercurio can provide better customer service, and they sure did. Everyone, and I mean everyone works for the hotel had a smile on their faces all the time, very helpful, and always friendly. Location is great, very low key but still two mins walk to almost everything including, of course, the beautiful beach. Beds were very comfy, but that could also be because of all the happy hourS around town. Overall we had a great stay!!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room away from the pool, that's if your planning to sleep at 9 PM, which will n...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MidEastChi
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My partner and I stayed here from 7/21/12-7/28/12 and loved every minute of it! The hotel itself is old but then again most of the hotels in this area are old. The Hotel Mercurio staff were so wonderful to deal with and always willing to help you at anytime you needed assistance.

The morning breakfast usually consisted of: pastries, coffee, juice, egg's anyway you like, a hot cooked dish that changed daily, toat, and other delicious items as well. Rooms were adequate and served it's purpose. Like I said the hotel is old but was always clean and didn't have any odors of anykind.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, I would bypass a fancy resort anytime in PV for the Hotel Mercurio, especially since it is 1 block from the beach!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It had been several years since I had stayed inthe Hotel Mercurio, but on this visit I needed a room pronto and once again Mercurio exceeded my expectations. The staff is ALWAYS friendly, the other guests who stay here are as well.

It is just a great gathering place for happy hour inthe pool or at the bar and all I can say is BRAVO guys! Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Depending on your needs, pool side is ver social and geat access for a dip. If you are looking for...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Upon arrival to the airport I was greeted with a VIP attendant to take us to our awaiting van which took us directly to the hotel. The hotel was perfect. Right in the heart of Old Town and the area in which I wanted to be in. The staff are so nice and helpful and the hotel was very clean. I must say, I didn't want to ever leave. It's a short walk to EVERYTHING! The courtyard pool and afternoon happy hour, as well as the morning poolside breakfast made it all the more enjoyable. We made some really great friends on this trip both at the hotel and surrounding areas. Be adventurous, explore!!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room here...but I'd request one with a pool view. Only a couple of them l...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jarrod_SanDiego
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hotel Mercurio is in a perfect location in Puerto Vallarta. It is only a half-block to Olas Altas, the main street in the city's Zona Romantica neighborhood, where almost all the gay bars and nightclubs are located. The service is great. Issac, Joey, Gabriel, Alex and the overnight crew are great. They serve a buffet breakfast that is far better than the typical continental breakfasts that some hotels serve. They serve made-to-order eggs, plus hot and cold buffet selections including fruit and cereal. The happy hour and breakfast are great ways to meet fellow guests and locals who stop by. The hotel is very secure. They have a good relationship with the police and the local cops who often stop by the lobby to take their breaks. Mercurio is also one of the best values in the city. Had a great visit in June.

Room Tip: If you like to cook, ask for a room with a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank edwalsh222
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've stayed at the Mercurio several times. The staff is incredible. Joey, Issac, Alex and Gabriel at the front desk will make sure your stay is the best. They are very knowledgable about PV and the many things to do. They will happily make any reservations you need for any day trips. There is an awesome happy hour daily with Jorge....the best bartender in PV! Eduardo delivers a great (and complimentary) breakfast every morning with egg or meat dish recipes with a Mexican flair. Yes, there are nicer hotels in Vallarta, but a gay traveler can't beat the price, location, and service at the Mercurio. I won't stay anyplace else!

Room Tip: Book a king room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo