“Great Location!”

Ranked #57 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Location!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We spent a great week in Mexico. The Hotel is centrally located in the Old Town section many nice restaurants and bars nearby. The entire staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a decent size and the staff works hard to keep the entire hotel clean but the rooms could use a bit of updating. However, for the price and the economy, we were satisfied overall. The guests are a nicely mixed age group and about half seemed like regular visitors. The beakfast was quite satisfying with a special Hot Mexican dish served daily, along with the usual morning fare. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JimyDavid_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I won a via gaycities.com trip to PV (my first time to PV) which included my hotel stay at the Mercurio. That this place was chosen as the hotel of choice became very apparent to me over my 6 day stay. Welcomed with friendly courteousness, rooms were spotlessly clean. Overall, it feels more like the feeling you get when staying at a bed and breakfast, awesome huge breakfast in the morning (I did not need to eat till dinner time). Awesome service at the pool bar during happy hour and rather cheap drinks, I might add. You get a LOT for what you pay for, and the wireless internet service is fast, and there are ample AC outlets in the room. Safe in the room too! Towels available for the beach with is a 5 min walk away. If you are used to 5-star accommodation, this place is NOT for you. But if all you care about is a clean, safe, friendly WELL run establishment, close to everything, then this IS the place for you. I definitely will be staying here again on my next trip. I believe from my traveling partner who has stayed here before, that there have been many improvements at the hotel, so it's nice to see that the owners are here to ensure WE have a good time, and not just them with our money.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the pool area are more private and quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We just got back from another great trip to PV and at Mercurio!! Again the room was clean, and retiled!! To answer the people with complaints, I know the hotel is a bit tired, but I know they are doing improvements and it will only get even better!! The guests there during our stay were friendly, and we saw many of them on the beach at Ritomo's, and at the bars and restaurants and we always got a wave back and a "Hola". Many stop in for Happy Hour with Jorge, and he is always happy to see EVERYONE!! Gabriel and Alex at the front desk during the day were ALWAYS ready to help, as were Joey and Isaac in the evenings...Luis did a great job on our room, and he was always ready to assist us...Breakfasts were always tasty and varied, and coffee was ALWAYS out by 7:30...And Finally..LOCATION...LOCATION...LOCATION!!! You are in the HEART of the Gay area, and 1 1/2 blocks to beach....Thanks Hotel Mercurio for another wonderful vacation...

Room Tip: If couple get a King room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This was the perfect place for us. Great price, great value, and we were surprised and amazed at every turn. Our stay included a free breakfast buffet, but my partner is gluten free and I am vegetarians, so we assumed we'd be buying breakfast. They had so many options and the breakfast was great! Some days, it was my favorite meal. The front desk staff were so sweet and helpful. They gave us a tour when we arrived, and every time we asked them a question, they gave us more and better info than I expected. B/c they were so helpful, we were able to take the bus back to the airport and save $20. The room was clean and neat, and we had AC, a fan, cable TV and a fridge. Great location and a great size hotel...big enough to not feel weird and small enough to be friendly. We can't wait to go back here!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I just returned to Chcago, after my 14 day vacation and my stay at the Mercurio. I checked in on Feburary 28 and left on March 13, 2012. I was totally impressed by how courteous and eager to please the entire staff. My room was always immaculate, and the maid service was so friendly. Great breakfast included. I will return soon at the Mercurio. Thanks to all.
Rod

Room Tip: I had a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank heyrod
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed at the Mercurio from January 31st to February 9th. Hotel is not fancy at all, but it is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is very good and a very nice feature for those staying there. The staff is excellent and really makes your stay enjoyable. Isaac and Joey always have a nice smile for you and they are probably two of the nicest young people that I have ever met. They really make you feel like you are at home. Location of hotel is excellent for restaurants, bars, beach, etc.
Alma, the maid, does a wonderful job of making swans out of the bath towels for your enjoyment. Happy hour is always fun and a good time to meet new people.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank IowaBoy46
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I loved my few days at Mecurio - the staff is the most pleasant / friendly staff I ever met. From the moment I arrived and until I left they could NOT do enough. Joey & Issac are excellent.
The only recommendation I have is to update the bathroom and get BETTER mattresses - it was MUCH too hard.....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends