$244
  • Breakfast included
$249
$123
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$220
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$226
$193
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$363
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$132
  • Beachfront
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
All reviewsgay beachgay hotelzona romanticaevery morningpool areayogurtother guestsrooms are basiclos muertos pierplenty of hot watergreen chairssmall hotelking roomromantic zonesmall poolcleaned every dayceiling fan
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I loved my few days at Mecurio - the staff is the most pleasant / friendly staff I ever met. From the moment I arrived and until I left they could NOT do enough. Joey & Issac are excellent.
The only recommendation I have is to update the bathroom and get BETTER mattresses - it was MUCH too hard.....

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jim S
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The hotel Mercurio is an amazing hotel. If your looking for 5 stars or all inclusive, this is not your place, however, if you are looking for a wonderful staff, clean rooms, a great atmoshere and location, this is the place for you. The hotel is situated right in the heart of PV, it is calm, quiet, clean, put mints on your pillow, and serves a fantastic breakfast every morning after your hangover ;0)! This is not the place for everyone, however the pool, the happy hour, the gay atmosphere, and the location are not to be beat. I stayed here for 12 days and would not stay anywhere else. The staff makes the hotel as well as does the experience.

Room Tip: Third floor is best....
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Blueyes29
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I felt that i had been trapped when i walked inside my room.
The beautiful and well written web site of Mercurio doesn't live up to it's reality. There was hair in the bathroom and next to the bed, went downstairs, because there's no telephones in the room, and informed the front desk. Right way my room was being cleaned again, to my surprise it didn't change much, because it was being clean with a broom instead of a vacuum cleaner.
Breakfast was very poor, no fresh milk or honey, i ended up having my daily breakfast somewhere outside.
The pool area was not welcoming, at all. The laundry room ventilation system ends up right on the pool area where breakfast is served, partial dust and particles are kept in a visible net box.
Mercurio Hotel definitely needs a make over, it's old and slowly deteriorating. I saw a great deal of potential in there.
It's location, helpful and genuine nice staff smooths up a bit it's rough edges, that's what made me stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Traveler7879
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I booked two nights at the end of our stay in Puerto Vallarta, thinking that this was the more deluxe place, compared to the other hotel we stayed at. Boy was I wrong! The rate for one night in a king bed room was $101, and I even got a small discount. It was DEFINITELY not worth that price - probably not even worth $40 a night. The website does not really show pictures of the rooms, and it is probably because they are all so run down. The bathroom in our room needs serious attention - it is literally falling apart (the tiles are cracking and breaking). There is some literature in the rooms saying they are making renovations in order of importance, and that they will get to the bathrooms, but that was written over 2 years ago, and still nothing has been done. Our room was missing a trash can, and no one seemed to know why, and how to get a new one. We also were missing a TV remote. We were told that breakfast was 9 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., but that was incorrect, as it was actually 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. When we came for breakfast at 10:30 a.m., it was all packed up, and we had to literally fight to get a cold cup of coffee, with absolutely no one going out of their way to do anything. The pool area/bar area are nice, but the pool is really small. We also were somewhat surprised that guests staying here were not necessarily friendly or outgoing, which was definitely a change from other gay hotels we've stayed at in Costa Rica and Ft. Lauderdale. The front desk staff were friendly, but it just seems to be pointless when there is so much other room for improvement.

Room Tip: I would avoid poolside rooms (excessive noise), and try to snag an upper room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DrJustino
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The Mercurio goes a long way in the service it offers to its customers. The hotel itself could do with a serious refit, which was evident even before we stepped inside. The rooms are drab and badly finished. My friend had to be moved from his room as the first one he had, had serious damp problems - in fact he slept in my room the first night as no others were available. His second room had sellotape stuck between the wooden panelling on the ceiling, which didnt bode well. If you want somewhere cheap and close to the beach and dont mind about your surroundings - this is the place. We moved out after two days as we really were not that impressed with the locale. The service is the best thing about this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends