It's not what is on the outside at Los Tules that is the problem--a beautiful ocean and wonderful landscaping that transports you direct to the tropical zone you long for. It's what is on the inside that causes the headache.
Our room was quite dated. The lighting was poor, the toilet was a vintage model, the cabinets under the lavatory sink were not quite clean--and worst of all--if you need to go into the work zone for only a few minutes a day as we did--there is no wireless Internet available in the rooms. At the restaurant and in the hotel lobby area--but that's it. And frankly, in 2013, in a venerated resort city that is not good enough.
Perhaps there are more updated rooms than ours. We did relish the location--just steps from the ocean--and with great views of it from the inside and from our small but ample balcony. But the old and drab furniture was a downer on a trip you expect to burst with tropical color.
Service is fine. Staff is friendly and informed. The on-site restaurant serves a darn good breakfast (you won't go wrong with the omelet), but the Los Tules we experienced is more for the budget minded and family-oriented traveler. If you are on a romantic getaway or honeymoon, you will want to step it up a notch.
Having said that, Tules does deliver on the natural wonder of PV and that's never outdated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Tules Park Royal is located within Los Tules right in the hotel zone in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. An oceanfront condominium-style resort located 2 miles from the airport and 3 mile from downtown Vallarta. Los Tules is nestled on a twenty-acre plantation of coconut palms fronting a half-mile of beautiful sandy Bandera's Bay beach. Stroll along the brick-tile footpaths, through lush tropical gardens to your private colonial Mediterranean style condo. All rooms are designed to be used as separate units with individual entrances but can be combined into a full condominium with interconnecting doors, should the same party book more than one room. You can also enjoy our 7 swimming pools, 4 children pools, poolside restaurant-bar, 5 lighted Tennis courts and if you like golf, Puerto Vallarta's most challenging golf courses are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Los Tules Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Tules Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Los Tules
- Los Tules Puerto Vallarta