Stayed on the "22nd" floor, huge windows opened to a beautiful ocean breeze, fantastic view. Room was clean, beds comfortable, a bit of a musty smell but thats to be expected. Pools were warm and clean, service at the pool bars was OK...not great. Drinks overall were good, the best were in the lobby bar. The girls in there were excellent! Food was good overall, they could have a few more fresh veggies, but we only ate breakfast at the buffet (omelettes were super fresh), the outside grill and lobby bar for lunch and a la carts for dinner. Our favorite was the Mexican. Room service menu is extensive and everything we had was delicious. Location to town, very convenient.
Room for improvement....the seafood restaurant, we left after sitting for 20 minutes without being brought so much as a glass of water. The waiters just gave off a really negative vibe, never went back. We were told we needed to make reservations for the a la carts but only did the second night. Because not all of the restaurants were open I suppose, they should have explained this to us when we checked in, the first night the buffet closed at 5 and we thought we needed a reservation, so we ate in the lobby bar because we thought it was our only option other than room service. The fiesta was a bit of a dud. Food was similar to the buffet, I asked specifically what time the entertainment started and was told it was intermittent from 7PM on. It was from 8-9pm. The dancing and singing was entertaining. Perhaps our biggest issue was with the doors slamming all hours of the day. Because the resort is open to the environment it creates a vacuum in the rooms. When there is any wind the doors catch and if your not careful slam shut. This happens all hours of the day and night. If guests were considerate they would try not to let it happen, Unfortunately our neighbours didn't care and would let the doors bang shut everytime, at all hours. Now I don't think it would be a difficult fix for the resort to put rubber stoppers of some kind on the doors to eliminate the problem. By the end of our stay it had become extreamly annoying. Enough said! The spa is overpriced, we had 2 treatments and both were lack luster.
I would like to say overall we had a great time. For the price it was great value, Food was very good. You can't help but relax with all that sunshine! I don't know that I would stay here again, strictly because of the door issue. But if that was resolved I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton