We stayed 2 nights in December 2013. The most memorable characteristic was the quality of the staff. Every employee was so friendly and helpful. Jacobo, the bellman, was particularly helpful, assisting us with some issues with our luggage. Every staff member we saw greeted us warmly. We were asked for feedback. There was just a real focus on guest service.
The beach was a disappointment, due to the rocks and undertow. But the ocean views from our room (and apparently all the rooms) were spectacular!
Our room was very comfortable and attractive. Notably, the bed was very, very comfortable!
The pool in the condo area was great.
We had breakfast and poolside snacks, which were fine, but I can't really speak to restaurant quality. We prefer to try local restaurants, and we particularly enjoyed the Trio restaurant in the old town area.
We usually prefer smaller local hotels in the downtown area or on the beach. In this case we were happy we stayed at the Sheraton, which was fairly close to the old town area. The area seems a little run down, but the hotel is very secure and well maintained.
The personal attention made all the difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Hotwire, Otel, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton