My husband and I were at the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort from Dec 15 - 22, 2013. We booked the all inclusive package and were pleasantly surprised. The food and drinks were very good. The beach is not really great but I think the pools make up for that. The staff was incredible and the service was great. No complaints there. We were in Club Class but I'm not sure I would recommend spending a ton of extra money for this. You really didn't get any spectacular perks but if you are a Starwoods rewards member(we are) you can appreciate having the little extras you get with all Sheraton properties.
It seems that a majority of the rooms face the ocean so I don't think there is a bad room. We were on the 22nd floor (which is actually the 12th) and the view was amazing, don't miss the sunsets. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would say that the taps needed to be replaced they were super old and hard to turn on and off.
The location is perfect. We were about 15 - 20 min walking to the Malecon and we felt very safe walking around PV. Cabs were very affordable if you are out too late and don't want to walk back to the hotel. There are many good restaurants in PV and we went to quite a few. It was still the slow time there so there were lots of good deals still otherwise I've heard it can be expensive.
I want to say a special thanks to Miriam at the lobby bar - she was great . She helped us play a practical joke on a friend back home on the phone - she was a good sport and a great lady.
Really the only negative things are the time share people - but hey that's Mexico - they are everywhere. It's hard to get away from them. And every time you order anything a drink/food etc you have to give your room number even though you have a bracelet color coded to indicate you are all inclusive. The problem is that there are so many different colored bracelets because there are so many ways you can stay at this hotel. I understand why they feel the need to do this but what a hassle for the staff and for the guests. Everyone we spoke with was annoyed by this. I'm sure that they can come up with a better system for the people who are all inclusive.
I would definitely recommend this hotel/resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport, our resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico offers many opportnities to appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon or enjoy easy travel on a business or leisure trip. Stay with us and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church. Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton