“Like the Pool but the Iguanas should go”

Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Like the Pool but the Iguanas should go”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We really liked the pool area in the condo side, but on that side, the pool has several iguanas. They jump in an swim across the pool, not to the delight of my wife. We have been coming to the hotel for many years on and off and the iguanas did not used to be there. But they should do 'catch and release' on those criters. Iguanas are fine for low budget hotels catering to college students, but this is not one of those types of hotels, I hope!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Luis Fernando G, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Garth:

Thank you for your comments on the iguanas in the pool, we really are taking note about it. We apologize for any inconvenience concerning about this subject during your stay with us.

Likewise, we appreciate your preference and that you keep visiting us every year.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
  • Turkish first
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I got married in Puerto Vallarta 3 years ago. We had our wedding organized by a local business who suggested we do it in Mexico. At first, we hesitated, of course, but before we had a chance to change our minds, we were facing the sunset in romantic Puerto Vallarta with our closest friends around us. It was a dream come true! The hotel was fabulous, the catering service was exceptional and everyone was as happy as can be, especially Ben and I, who swore each other everlasting love then and there.
We returned only a few weeks ago and it was like living every single moment over again. We had such a marvelous time... again! The food was, once again, fantastic, and the service, impeccable. We booked the same Club Level room, but this time, instead of a wedding we indulged in all kinds of massage and holistic treatments. Wow! Did we have a great time! I would definitely urge any couple to try just a little bit of this, so they see I am not exaggerating!
If you are looking for the perfect place for your wedding, or just a place to spend your best vacation ever, give this hotel a try. You won’t regret it. By the way, Puerto Vallarta is sunny year-round!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis Fernando G, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Jonatan:

We are delighted to know that we continue exceeding your expectations. We love that couples return and pamper them as is if it was their first day of marriage.

We want to thank your valuable time writing these lines of recommendation to other couples. We hope to see you again in Puerto Vallarta.

Greetings
Takayama
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I didn’t give this hotel straight A’s because when we got to the resort, it was about 2:45 p.m. and it took a very long time to check in. Our room was not ready and they told us to come back at 3:00, so we decided to go see our travel agent so he could tell us about the excursions, restaurants, and other activities that were included in the same deal. By the time we returned to the front desk, our rooms were still not ready. It took another 10 minutes. By this time it was almost 3:40pm and we were really hungry. But overall, the deluxe room was outstanding with a breathtaking view of the beach. My fiancé and I were very lucky to get a view like that. Room service was excellent. The ambiance of the hotel and the rooms was just excellent. I loved the essence of our room. Food was excellent. Alfresco was my favorite restaurant. Go there for dinner, you wont regret it! The pools were perfect temperature. And it is true, if you want to reserve a seat by the pool, I suggest you get up early to put a towel on your chair or talk to one of the staff to help reserve a spot because the best seats usually get taken. But still, we were able to find good seats. Just everything about the resort was amazing. I would definitely go back again. I should because that’s where I got engaged! Worth checking it out!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter:

First we want to thank the great detail to make us part of this important step in your life, Congratulations for your engagement!!

We are very pleased to know that enjoyed your stay at Sheraton Buganvilias, we feel sorry for the little detail on his arrival. We assure you that the next time you visit us will not happen again.

We appreciate the time you took to leave us this review and for their comments, which shall take them considered to improve our service.

Greetings and good luck in your new stage of life
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

There were two very memorable things about our stay here.
The first: after taking about thin crust pizzas all day my boyfriend and I were determined to find some for dinner. We looked at the menu at Gaviota's but they didnt have pizza, we mentioned this to Ulises Cruz as we walked away to concierge to ask them where we should go. A minute later he came running to find us, telling he called the other kitchen and they said they could make a pizza specially for us! so we stayed, as we were waiting for food Ulises again came running with the pizza, he was sweating and panting by the time he got to us. He had to get it from another kitchen across the hotel and ran so it would stay warm! (even though it was Mexico) A for effort amigo, that deserves a shout- out!
The second memorable thing was when we were checking out and though we had grabbed everything to maid came running with my boyfriend's board-shorts that were left on the deck, and it was literally a minute and a half after we left the room. Glad we had left her a tip.
Great service guys.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tosh_from_Whis
Luis Fernando G, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Tosh:

First of all let us tell you that Ulises and your maid will be noticed about your gratifying lines. We want to thank your time for writing these words about our hospitality; we are pleased to hear that the quality of our services made your stay in Sheraton Buganvilias a great experience.

Please let us be your hosts again the next time you visit Puerto Vallarta

hiroshima, Japan
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I spent a week in Mexico’s Puerto Vallarta Sheraton Resort last summer and I must say it was one of the best vacations I’ve ever had. It is summer again and I hadn’t gotten down to writing, but since several friends are talking about taking similar trips, I don’t want to let any more time go by without airing my thoughts. To begin with, even though the hotel is within walking distance from the center of town, there is so much to do on the premises that, if what you are looking for is complete relaxation, you can easily obviate the trips to town and stay put in the hotel. I started out with early morning walks on the beach to continue with guided yoga and stretching exercises. A quick shower left me ready for breakfast at their palapa-by-the-pool restaurant. My day would continue with either a tennis match (you’ll always find someone to play with) or a game of chess, if I felt more like sitting still. I would usually go to town for lunch and sightseeing, but returned to the hotel for dinner. Their Mexican food restaurant is superb. I would usually call it a day after a drink at the Mexican bar, sometimes with the accompaniment of some karaoke performer. So there you are. A little late, but happy to recommend this lovely place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Daniel F
Luis Fernando G, Social Media Champion at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Daniel:

It’s so gratifying to hear that you spend a great time with us! We work daily to see our guests smile in the morning and make them desire not leave early.

We really appreciate this words that you are writing to recommend us to your friends, and please look forward to stay again in Sheraton Buganvilias in your next trip to Puerto Vallarta

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Since the company I work for relocated me to Guadalajara, Mexico, my wife, Emily, and my children, Sarah, 12, and Jimmy, 8, had been pestering me about a trip to the beach. We knew that Puerto Vallarta was only a short distance away, so as soon as we had a chance we went off on a weekend adventure.

Emily did a search on the Internet and after narrowing a small list down to two or three hotels, she chose the Buganvilia Sheraton. Reservations were a breeze and we were set in no time. The trip was a bit longer than we expected, so by the time we got there the children were rather hungry and restless. Once we got settled in, we had lunch in one of several restaurants in the hotel and that is where the magic began. The food was excellent and the waiting service top class. We then found out there is a Kids Club at the hotel and we thought we might leave them there for a while and go sightseeing, but, alas, the hotel staff at the club is not responsible for the children and we had to stay and watch them play. I guess next time we’ll hire a nanny to watch over them while we visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Matt S
Dear Matt:

We first want to thank you for the moment you are giving us writing this review, we appreciate this time because it allows us to focus on whether we are on the right course in the theme of our services.

We really hope you got another chance to come back again to Puerto Vallarta and stay with us in Sheraton Buganvilias.

Denbighshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here four times now, most recently at the Resort via friends referring us an RCI voucher.

Pros:
- Service generally very good across the board. Efficient check-in/out, friendly wait & bar staff, cleaners.
- Location. About a twenty min walk to the Malecon or a four dollar cab.
- Two great pools each with swim-up bars.
- Generally decent pricing for food and drink options, but the fixed price breakfast was expensive at around $25 pp.
- Clean

Cons:
- On most recent visit we were put into what I perceive to be the oldest part of the timeshares (6 or so storey annex). Looked out onto a shabby side lot, though, to be fair, nice beach scenes beyond. AC not terribly effective. Somewhat noisy - bedrooms adjacent the hallway.

Room Tip: If in the Resort don't stay at the annex - a six or so storey building.