I traveled with my wife and a couple to Puerto Vallarta from the 13th to the 18th of September. We made a reservation to stay at a Condo with a related travel agency from Sheraton getting a great price in exchange of attending a breakfast meeting (BIG MISTAKE)
So as we arrived to the lobby to check in, we discovered that the reservation wasn't confirmed for two condos, just for 1 room not in the Condo Area, but at the Hotel, even though I paid in advance for it.
When the front desk tried to reach the supervisor (ADRIAN) he refused to come into the lobby to face us, because he was "BUSY attending other guests, so we have to talk with him over the Hotel's phone. My friend spoke with him and Adrian stated: "I don´t have the time to address this situation, if you want to stay at the hotel you will have to pay for the room or the condo, even when you paid for it with your credit card, and since it´s too late to call the travel agency (10 PM) I can´t give you any other solution, if you want we could take care of the food and things you brought and storage it in the Hotel´s kitchen"
Facing this situation we have to pay for one night at a condo so we could storage the food, and we took the other hotel room, which was kind of far away (5 minute walk) in a rainy night. Obviously at the moment I complain over the Facebook fan page of the Hotel. ( I didn't get a response till the 18, the day of the check out!!!)
When we were about to enter the Hotel room, I discovered, the Sheraton poor front desk service, gave me a room that was already occupy with a couple!!! I was in shock. I've been in to many Brand Hotels, and this was a shameful experience! The bell boy that was helping us carrying our bags, didn't even know what to say.
So we went into the Hotel Lobby, I tried to reach Adrian to obviously complain loudly, but another supervisor addressed me. I told him the whole story and he gave us an upgrade, that I did not request. I also told him that I was a member of the Starwood Prefered Guest Program, and that the fact that they gave us a room that was already occupied was something to be really mad about, and that a brand such as "Sheraton" should be concerned about the "QUALITY" of the staff they have.
The next day, the travel agency apologized for the whole bad experience and told us they have solved everything. We attended the breakfast meeting, and did the whole tour. At the end of this, they tried to sell us a "special" package to travel all over the world for $50,000 USD, which we do not buy in part of the bad experience and because if you really use the system you could find prices higher than what you could get over EXPEDIA or KAYAK, so pretty much is a CHARADE.
As said before, I received a message from the community manager till our day of check out, which really is a huge mistake for social media strategy, specially when you provide a service and you are representing a Brand Hotel, and worst when the Staff that is working is not help full.
At the end of our stay, I could tell you that there are better Hotels to stay at Vallarta, that really train their Staff to provide a solution for any inconveniences you could have during your vacations like the Westin Hotel or Velas Hotel at the same category and price.
The room that they gave us as a way to "improve their customer service" is great (Sheratoon VIP Floor) therefore I´m stating that the level of the sleep quality and the cleanliness was great, but I wouldn't put in danger my safety and my wife knowing they gave me a previous room that was occupied with another couple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton