Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$307
$184
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$214
$197
$451
$193
  • Pool
$356
$299
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$358
$300
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$399
$286
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
$181
$138
Cancelon
4,040 results
All reviewstime shareclub levellobby barvacation clubocean viewclose to downtownmexican fiestaall inclusive packageconcierge desktimeshare presentationbuffet restaurantpool sidenice resortfood and drinksspent a weeklounge chairsa la carte restaurants
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I had high expectations for the Puerto Vallarta Sheraton based on the reviews we had read. The resort did not quite meet those expectations, though we had a very nice, relaxing vacation.
We stayed in a Sun Terrace room on the third floor. The room was not very different from any other in a similar price range, but it was very comfortable. The furnishings were nice, but not high end, which we were expecting considering the price. The bathroom was very clean. There were plenty of towels.
Our favorite restaurant was “Restaurante La Villita.” We ate both lunch and dinner there several times. Mario was our waiter for dinner three times and he fixed us a special dessert on the 3rd evening which was a lot of fun. We appreciated the special effort. We ate dinner in town the first night and were disappointed that our meat (beef and chicken) was tough, so we didn’t return. Breakfast was always the buffet at La Villita. There was a lot of variety. We usually arrived around 8:30am, so we never had to wait for a table. One concern at the buffet tables is that the serving utensils that people use were usually placed back directly on the food (fruit & pastries) instead of some plate in front of the food. This might bother you if you are a germ freak; I tried not to think about it. Service at the restaurants was very good and waiters were always friendly.
We used the gym a few times. There are several treadmills, other aerobic machines and a good variety of free weights. It felt good to exercise before a day of lounging & eating.
The beach was lovely. Beautiful soft sand and deep blue water. I saw a number of people “reserving” poolside chairs at 6:30 a.m. I think getting a chair at the beach was a little easier to find, in general. I had a holistic massage twice, which was performed in their cabana spa. The ocean waters were warm and refreshing. The atmosphere at the beach was more pleasant and quiet than the pool area. We were frequently asked if we wanted more to drink.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy T
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Sandy:

Thank you for expressing your opinion abou our resort, it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

We celebrate you have a very positive impression on your experience during your vacation in our resort, expecially for the quality and variety of our food and for the singular service you received from Mario. We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to learn more about the service that our hotel has provided so that we can look to improve our process for the future.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Sincerelly

Reviewed October 3, 2013

1. The Staff: They all seem happy and proud of what they are doing! Everyone greets you with a smile and is happy to do anything and everything for you. It was so refreshing to visit a hotel where everyone truly wants to wait on you! From the bell boys, to the pool waiters... everyone was so polite and kind to us! One day it started raining and we were under our pool umbrella. A waiter (Mario) came over with an umbrella and walked us underneath the pool bar so we didn’t get our bags wet! I was so surprised by this!
2. Their service is close to perfection. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. Someone was constantly taking our drink order, fetching us a new towel, delivering food to our lounge chairs, meeting a special request, etc. I've never in my life felt more pampered at a resort than I did at the Sheraton Buganvilias (and we’ve stayed in a lot of places in Mexico).
3. The level of cleanliness was unbelievable! From the pool area, to the restaurants, to our room... it was all very clean! We appreciated how hard the staff worked to make us feel like we were at home.
4. The drinks have real alcohol. When traveling in Mexico, I always have to get creative with my drink choices because it’s usually some knock off alcohol they are pouring. Not here! From Embarcadero Bar, with their collection of more than fifty brands of tequila, to their Carreta Bar, where they serve all kinds of exotic drinks, it is all good stuff! No counterfeit or adulterated booze!
5. The Food was awesome! We felt like we were dining in a 5 star restaurant every night. Whether your are into Italian or Mexican, you will not be disappointed!
6. The Beds! Our bed was more comfortable than my own bed at home. The sheets aren't scratchy, the pillows are plush, and they are clean! :) I slept so well!
7. The hotel didn't seem crowded, even though they told us it was 80% full when we were there. There are several different pools as well as a huge beach, so everyone is spread out. We appreciated feeling secluded!
8. No teenagers. Perhaps because of the price level, younger people tend to stay elsewhere. No one was being obnoxious, getting hammered (at least loudly anyway), or cannon balling into the pool. It was pure paradise and we met some really cool couples during our stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos M

Dear Carlos:

With great enthusiasm we have read your review on our resort, your gratifying experience is a compliment to all our associates who are devoted to service our customers.

It is our objective to be among the very best resorts in Vallarta and adhere to our guest expectations. Your kindhearted consideration explained on your description of the eight reasons for which you feel persuaded for our hotel services, is much appreciated. Your insight is significant for our staff and will contribute to excel our guest experience.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings with us, and look forward to your next visit to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort..

Warm regards.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great hotel, excellent staff. My husband and I spent a week at the Sheraton in April. When we arrived the room I was disappointed with the room that I had selected. The staff did an excellent job showing me some alternatives and once we made our selection they moved us with no extra charge. This was our second trip to Mexico. Last year we stayed at the timeshare. The location is excellent. We walked downtown ever day and occasionally took the bus. We also used the park across the street for early morning jogs. Overall positive experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear guest:

Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us.

We appreciate your expressing your recognition for our excellent location, our hotel's accomodations and for the warm service of our staff. Your high opinion of our destination will encourage future travelers to select Puerto Vallarta when planning a vacation to Mexico.

We celebrate you and your husband had a wonderful positive experience and look forward to your next visit to our beautiful resort.

Cordially

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at this property twice and haven't been able to find a better value yet. We go to Puerto Vallarta to relax, drink, swim, shop and enjoy the local art and boat excursions. Both times we've been able to buy vacation packages including airfare and a week at the resort for about $600 per person departing from Seattle. The lowest priced package I found recently was for about $750, so that means a whole week at the Sheraton was only $250 after airfare is subtracted. My favorite thing about this resort is the location. It is within walking distance to the center of town and is right on the beach. It has two great pools with swim up bars. The property is lush with tropical flora and beautifully built. The dining options are decent, but remember you can walk to town and eat at my favorite restaurant in PV in about 5 minutes. Sometimes at night they have live music outdoors, it is fantastic to sit out under the stars and enjoy cocktails and be able to just walk up to your room.

The thing I don't like about this resort is the food and cheap drinks that are served during the Sunday champagne brunch and the "Fiesta". While it sounds like fun, the lunch and dinner buffet food isn't great, I always leave feeling like I wish I ate somewhere else for what it cost. The daily breakfast buffet is good, but too expensive to be reasonable every day. The room service is fairly inexpensive, but the food isn't very good. I suggest eating breakfast at the Natural restaurant across the street, or buying your own at the store. The more formal restaurant on site has excellent food and wonderful service. The food at the swim up bar (La Palapa) is generally pretty good and inexpensive. Remember, a ton of great restaurants are just a short walk away.

The rooms have a bit dated interior, but function perfectly for my needs. I highly recommend getting a room with a balcony- that's a deal breaker for me. All windows face the resort and Bay of Banderas. The first time we stayed we stayed in someone's timeshare room, which I enjoyed. They even have rooms with kitchenettes, which I would like to try next time. There is a timeshare presentation you can attend and save 20% on food and drinks on the resort and some other perks. If you're interested in saving a little money, I recommend wasting the two hours it takes and just say no and be firm and just be relaxed about the whole thing.

In an effort to get a more intimate Puerto Vallarta experience, I attempted to find other places to stay for around the same price. While there are places to stay that are similar in price and location, I would have to sacrifice having air conditioning and/or having a pool (and swim-up bar.) I am not willing to do that. This is SIMPLY the best value for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean or garden view, none face the street. Upgrade to a room with a balcony. There are two divisions of this resort: one is the main building, the other are the timeshare rooms. The higher floors of timeshare rooms overlook the whole resort and bay. If you request a room with a kitchenette you more likely to get a room with a better view and less pool/lounge at night/wedding party noise. Last time, we stayed in a room overlooking the pool in the main building with a giant brick balcony. We liked the room, but there was a lot of noise from a wedding reception going on one night. We didn't mind so much, but I understand it could be annoying for some people trying to get a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna S

Dear Ana:

We appreciate your detailed comments after your visit to our property, we appreciate your recognition for pros of our destination resort for price and value and for for highlighting the perks found during your stays, we are pleased we were up to your expectations. We will take into consideration your opinion in order to upgrade our food variety and improve our guest experience.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very nice resort. Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was excellent with an excellent ocean view. Excellent location within walking distance to nearby restaurants and shops. SPA service is perfect. Recommend the relaxing massage. If there was anything less than excellent it was the beach in front of this resort. Its all rocks; no sand. We didn't try the food or restaurants on site so not able to comment on that. Free WiFi in room and in all common grounds; worked like a charm. Definitely recommend this resort. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: 4th floor or higher for an awesome ocean and sunset view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Aztlan

Dear visitor from California:

We are proud to received such positive comments about our caring staff, the beauty of our gardens and the excellent location of our property. Your feedback is highly welcome because it benefits our goal to increment and maintain top quality facilities, warm staff performance and the best guest experience. We are pleased you had a wonderful vacation time

Warm regards