My husband and I had high expectations for the Puerto Vallarta Sheraton based on the reviews we had read. The resort did not quite meet those expectations, though we had a very nice, relaxing vacation.
We stayed in a Sun Terrace room on the third floor. The room was not very different from any other in a similar price range, but it was very comfortable. The furnishings were nice, but not high end, which we were expecting considering the price. The bathroom was very clean. There were plenty of towels.
Our favorite restaurant was “Restaurante La Villita.” We ate both lunch and dinner there several times. Mario was our waiter for dinner three times and he fixed us a special dessert on the 3rd evening which was a lot of fun. We appreciated the special effort. We ate dinner in town the first night and were disappointed that our meat (beef and chicken) was tough, so we didn’t return. Breakfast was always the buffet at La Villita. There was a lot of variety. We usually arrived around 8:30am, so we never had to wait for a table. One concern at the buffet tables is that the serving utensils that people use were usually placed back directly on the food (fruit & pastries) instead of some plate in front of the food. This might bother you if you are a germ freak; I tried not to think about it. Service at the restaurants was very good and waiters were always friendly.
We used the gym a few times. There are several treadmills, other aerobic machines and a good variety of free weights. It felt good to exercise before a day of lounging & eating.
The beach was lovely. Beautiful soft sand and deep blue water. I saw a number of people “reserving” poolside chairs at 6:30 a.m. I think getting a chair at the beach was a little easier to find, in general. I had a holistic massage twice, which was performed in their cabana spa. The ocean waters were warm and refreshing. The atmosphere at the beach was more pleasant and quiet than the pool area. We were frequently asked if we wanted more to drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton