Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Buganvilias Vacation Club(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
Costa Club Punta Arena(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
Plaza Santa Maria(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Ambassador Suites(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mocali(Puerto Vallarta)
4,037 results
All reviewstime shareclub levellobby barvacation clubocean viewclose to downtownmexican fiestaall inclusive packageconcierge desktimeshare presentationbuffet restaurantpool sidenice resortfood and drinksspent a weeklounge chairsa la carte restaurants
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at this property twice and haven't been able to find a better value yet. We go to Puerto Vallarta to relax, drink, swim, shop and enjoy the local art and boat excursions. Both times we've been able to buy vacation packages including airfare and a week at the resort for about $600 per person departing from Seattle. The lowest priced package I found recently was for about $750, so that means a whole week at the Sheraton was only $250 after airfare is subtracted. My favorite thing about this resort is the location. It is within walking distance to the center of town and is right on the beach. It has two great pools with swim up bars. The property is lush with tropical flora and beautifully built. The dining options are decent, but remember you can walk to town and eat at my favorite restaurant in PV in about 5 minutes. Sometimes at night they have live music outdoors, it is fantastic to sit out under the stars and enjoy cocktails and be able to just walk up to your room.

The thing I don't like about this resort is the food and cheap drinks that are served during the Sunday champagne brunch and the "Fiesta". While it sounds like fun, the lunch and dinner buffet food isn't great, I always leave feeling like I wish I ate somewhere else for what it cost. The daily breakfast buffet is good, but too expensive to be reasonable every day. The room service is fairly inexpensive, but the food isn't very good. I suggest eating breakfast at the Natural restaurant across the street, or buying your own at the store. The more formal restaurant on site has excellent food and wonderful service. The food at the swim up bar (La Palapa) is generally pretty good and inexpensive. Remember, a ton of great restaurants are just a short walk away.

The rooms have a bit dated interior, but function perfectly for my needs. I highly recommend getting a room with a balcony- that's a deal breaker for me. All windows face the resort and Bay of Banderas. The first time we stayed we stayed in someone's timeshare room, which I enjoyed. They even have rooms with kitchenettes, which I would like to try next time. There is a timeshare presentation you can attend and save 20% on food and drinks on the resort and some other perks. If you're interested in saving a little money, I recommend wasting the two hours it takes and just say no and be firm and just be relaxed about the whole thing.

In an effort to get a more intimate Puerto Vallarta experience, I attempted to find other places to stay for around the same price. While there are places to stay that are similar in price and location, I would have to sacrifice having air conditioning and/or having a pool (and swim-up bar.) I am not willing to do that. This is SIMPLY the best value for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean or garden view, none face the street. Upgrade to a room with a balcony. There are two divisions of this resort: one is the main building, the other are the timeshare rooms. The higher floors of timeshare rooms overlook the whole resort and bay. If you request a room with a kitchenette you more likely to get a room with a better view and less pool/lounge at night/wedding party noise. Last time, we stayed in a room overlooking the pool in the main building with a giant brick balcony. We liked the room, but there was a lot of noise from a wedding reception going on one night. We didn't mind so much, but I understand it could be annoying for some people trying to get a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna S
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Ana:

We appreciate your detailed comments after your visit to our property, we appreciate your recognition for pros of our destination resort for price and value and for for highlighting the perks found during your stays, we are pleased we were up to your expectations. We will take into consideration your opinion in order to upgrade our food variety and improve our guest experience.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very nice resort. Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was excellent with an excellent ocean view. Excellent location within walking distance to nearby restaurants and shops. SPA service is perfect. Recommend the relaxing massage. If there was anything less than excellent it was the beach in front of this resort. Its all rocks; no sand. We didn't try the food or restaurants on site so not able to comment on that. Free WiFi in room and in all common grounds; worked like a charm. Definitely recommend this resort. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: 4th floor or higher for an awesome ocean and sunset view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Aztlan

Dear visitor from California:

We are proud to received such positive comments about our caring staff, the beauty of our gardens and the excellent location of our property. Your feedback is highly welcome because it benefits our goal to increment and maintain top quality facilities, warm staff performance and the best guest experience. We are pleased you had a wonderful vacation time

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm regards

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great stay at Sheraton Buganvilias. I arrived at the hotel as one of the two hurricanes were hitting both costs of Mexico. In fact hurricane Manuel was due to pass over the port that morning. Torrential rain during our arrival and our taxi had trouble navigating the short distance to the hotel. Once in the hotel no worries and no fears. The staff is super attentive and friendly. Because of the rain we decided to stay in the hotel that afternoon and visit their large palapa restaurant where we ordered from the menu and opted out of the all you can eat buffet. Our food was delicious and fast. The rest of our stay we visited the buffet for breakfast twice and really enjoyed their selection and omelet bar. Pesky Time share people at the lobby by the elevators but you can avoid them and the others in town with a quick " NQ " thats timeshare code language for " Not Qualified" and works like garlic to vampires. Our first room (1202) did have the smell of mold coming from behind the mattresses and out of the air conditioner unit but were graciously moved to a new room by their excellent staff after I requested it. Hotel is at the entrance of town so many eateries and convenience stores nearby. There is a 7eleven type store called OXXO across the street that accepts dollars at a good rate. Also a great birria place named Robles two blocks inland right across from the hotel. Most car rental companies can bring a vehicle to the hotel for 100 pesos which is the same as taking a cab to pick it up yourself.

Room Tip: I was initially assigned to room 1202 but when I asked for a change got room 1416 and loved it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lernie:

Thnak youf for sharing your gratifying experience in our resort and visit to Puerto Vallarta,

We appreciate your kind commendation for the quality of our restaurant's food, friendliness of the staff and for the great time you spent in Vallarta, we are pleased we have fully complied your expectations.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings and look forward to your next visit to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort..

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently made a stop in Puerto Vallarta on my way to visit some friends in Sayulita. Though I was only about 15 miles from my destination, I decided to spend the night at the Sheraton bougainvillea, as I was a bit tired from long drive across the mountains though towns with unsusual names, like mascota (pet). I had no reservation, yet, the staff at the hotel front desk were so helpful and friendly I was immediately given a room in their Garden view section. What an extraordinary experience! I ordered a snack through their room service and just lay there, resting in total quiet, looking through the window at the beautiful garden outside. I just closed my eyes and drifted away. When I woke up the following morning, I was so well rested and full of energy that I had a hearty buffet breakfast in a palapa by the pool and was on my way to Sayulita before 9 am. It was a very short stay at a wonderful hotel, but I was so pleased with their service and quality that I will surely return in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank ceratiernesto

Dear overnight visitor:

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided, the level of detail is an important contribution for all our frequent and future guests experiences. We appreciate your recognition for our food services, room comfort and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities whicih have complied with your travelling expectations.

Your feedback will motivate our staff to maintain the quality of our service levels and guest experience.

We are willing to host you again, for a longer period of time, on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

Cordially

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Puerto Vallarta Sheraton Buganvilias. We usually stay at Sheraton resorts for their top quality service and amenities. Sheraton Buganvilias compares equally if not surpasses any of the finest Sheraton hotels we have enjoyed. The staff at their Puerto Vallarta facility could not have been more welcoming or helpful, from the waiters in the restaurants to room service to the lifeguards on the beach to the gardeners maintaining the beautiful grounds. While I hesitate to call out anyone for special accolades, the wait staff in La Villita at breakfast deserve particular recognition for excellence. The food quality was also excellent, and I am pretty picky on this point.
Our Sun Terrace room was beautiful and spacious and in tip top condition. We asked to turn the temperature down in our room and it was done almost immediately and brought down to a temperature which we enjoyed.
My only complaint about the property is its lack of a lap pool. During our stay, the ocean was too rough to swim open water and all of the pools are designed such that no pool offers an uninterrupted space with parallel walls with 20-40 meters of space for lap swimming.
I played golf at Vista Vallarta, about half an hour from the hotel. What a fabulous course! It was challenging to score well (I have a 12 handicap) but endless fun to play.
All in all, this was one of our best beach trips. We certainly plan to return soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica B
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Veronica:

Thank you for posting your comments on this important travel site forum after your experience at the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center.

We appreciate your recognition for our food services, room comfort and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities to fully comply with our guest expectations. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done.

Your feedback is highly welcome as it benefits our impulse to increment and maintain our ambition to achieve top quality service levels, guest experience and staff performance.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.