We stayed at this property twice and haven't been able to find a better value yet. We go to Puerto Vallarta to relax, drink, swim, shop and enjoy the local art and boat excursions. Both times we've been able to buy vacation packages including airfare and a week at the resort for about $600 per person departing from Seattle. The lowest priced package I found recently was for about $750, so that means a whole week at the Sheraton was only $250 after airfare is subtracted. My favorite thing about this resort is the location. It is within walking distance to the center of town and is right on the beach. It has two great pools with swim up bars. The property is lush with tropical flora and beautifully built. The dining options are decent, but remember you can walk to town and eat at my favorite restaurant in PV in about 5 minutes. Sometimes at night they have live music outdoors, it is fantastic to sit out under the stars and enjoy cocktails and be able to just walk up to your room.
The thing I don't like about this resort is the food and cheap drinks that are served during the Sunday champagne brunch and the "Fiesta". While it sounds like fun, the lunch and dinner buffet food isn't great, I always leave feeling like I wish I ate somewhere else for what it cost. The daily breakfast buffet is good, but too expensive to be reasonable every day. The room service is fairly inexpensive, but the food isn't very good. I suggest eating breakfast at the Natural restaurant across the street, or buying your own at the store. The more formal restaurant on site has excellent food and wonderful service. The food at the swim up bar (La Palapa) is generally pretty good and inexpensive. Remember, a ton of great restaurants are just a short walk away.
The rooms have a bit dated interior, but function perfectly for my needs. I highly recommend getting a room with a balcony- that's a deal breaker for me. All windows face the resort and Bay of Banderas. The first time we stayed we stayed in someone's timeshare room, which I enjoyed. They even have rooms with kitchenettes, which I would like to try next time. There is a timeshare presentation you can attend and save 20% on food and drinks on the resort and some other perks. If you're interested in saving a little money, I recommend wasting the two hours it takes and just say no and be firm and just be relaxed about the whole thing.
In an effort to get a more intimate Puerto Vallarta experience, I attempted to find other places to stay for around the same price. While there are places to stay that are similar in price and location, I would have to sacrifice having air conditioning and/or having a pool (and swim-up bar.) I am not willing to do that. This is SIMPLY the best value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton