For ease of reading, I will try to put this in point form.
First, the pros:
-Location is incredible, walking distance to downtown, great views of all of Banderas Bay from your room.
-Hotel is extremely clean and well cared for, housekeeping does an amazing job.
-Beautiful pool area and grounds, well maintained and clean.
-Food choice and quality is outstanding, service in buffet restaurant is great.
-Lulu (concierge) and Paula (Air Transat rep) were great, gave us lots of tips about taxis, buses, tours etc..thanks ladies!
-Hotel manager was very accomodating; gave us a great deal on our last day there when our plane didn't leave until 2am the next morning. This was not part of our vacation package so we would have had to pay full price for another day..thanks Paula for setting it up.
Now for the cons:
- When your flight leaves at 2 AM and checkout is at 11 AM, maybe the hotel and transat could get together and include that last 12 hrs in your package as a way of saying "thanks for staying with us..here is a courtesy to you." Just a thought.
-THE TIME SHARE WRANGLERS NEED TO STOP!! We arrived at 3am; when we stepped off the elevator at 10am for breakfast we were stopped by what we thought was the concierge desk. Next thing we knew, we were roped into a timeshare presentation (sorry Paula, this is why we missed our orientation). What was supposed to be 90 minutes max turned into 5 HOURS..they wouldnt take no for an answer. Maybe ask yourself if you feel like wasting half a day of your holiday for a presentation your probably not going to buy.
-Some of the staff were not friendly and did not seem like they liked their jobs. Some were rude and not accomodating. Pool bar staff..
-Wifi was terrible although they have been working to fix this, you had to basically hang out of your window to get a signal. (not terribly important since you are on holidays right?)
-We bought an all inclusive package that included Club Level services, but not all the services we paid for were included.
IE: Butler service was included in package..did not exist any longer. (not like we needed one but we paid for it..Transat should take it out of their package details.)
ALL inclusive should mean just that. Not to be told certain drinks are not included in a very expensive ALL inclusive package.
We were led to believe we were getting an upgraded room on the club Level. (floor 23). We did get a room on floor 23, but it was not upgraded. When we asked we were told those rooms were on floor 21. What is the point of paying for club level? Be aware when you look at rooms online they do show the upgraded rooms, doesn't mean you will get that room. That being said our room was clean and sufficient.
Bar fridge was paid for to be used and restocked daily. The attendant would come in, look in the fridge...leave it open like he was coming back with drinks...and never returned..MORE THAN ONCE..???
Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful hotel with overall great people and great service. Some of these issues are daily pains of running a big resort and you can't please all the people all the time. I am not trying to pick the place apart, but the only frustrating thing is when you pay ALOT of money to vacation, you hope you are going to get what you are paying for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton