Returned 2 weeks ago from a 5 night stay here. 3 of the 4 of us got serious Montezuma's Revenge. My 19 year old daughter spent 4 of her 6 days in bed. My husband had to see the Dr. on the property because he was so ill. We had not eaten anywhere else other than the hotel when we became sick.
I was very misled by the $100.00 hotel credit per room. It is given in different increments which can only be used by those specific services. Very misleading. We didn't use our $200 AT ALL!
The beach in front of the hotel is made of rocks, not sand. Don't stay here if you like to walk on the beach.
We purchased the all inclusive package. We were not told before the trip that we were only allowed to eat at the nicer restaurant 1 night for dinner during our stay. It was open every other night. If we have purchased the all inclusive package, we should be allowed to eat dinner there as many times as we want to. There are 2 pools at the hotel and you are only allowed to get free drinks at 1 of the pools. Again, make it easy for the vacationers.
The hotel was close to capacity. Unfortunately we were the only American family
( 2 adults & 2 - 19 year old) plus 1 Canadian family at the hotel. I have a friend who stayed at the Vellas Vallarta the week before our trip. It wasn't just the Mexico tourists at her hotel.
The waiters at the buffet restaurant, nicer restaurant and outdoor pool were very nice. We did tip them each time we had breakfast or ordered drinks. The kitchen staff did make toast for my daughter for dinner since she couldn't eat.
The staff at the concierge desk are helpful and personable. They reserved a special table at 1 of our favorite restaurants off the property. Unfortunately we weren't able to eat there because we were all sick.
Our vacation was a total bust. I would not recommend this hotel. We stayed in Nuevo Vallarta a year ago and would hands down stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport, our resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico offers many opportnities to appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon or enjoy easy travel on a business or leisure trip. Stay with us and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church. Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton