We booked a two week all inclusive package through Air Transat vacations (Jan.28-Feb.11) to the Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel.
We were thrilled to seea Sheraton chain hotel advertised at a very good deal. I believe this is there second year testing the waters of all inclusive crowd. We really were anxious to stay here.
The grounds were lush with a diverse plant collection, keep checking the activities board, they have a guided nature walk.
I couldn't have been happier with the ocean view from our 7th floor room. Wall to wall and cieling to floor windows to watch the day dawn and sun set. Every morning I made a pot of coffee and we sat for 60 minutes, watching the massive Caribbean splendor make its way toward the Marina.
We were very lucky to see humpback whales and dolphins from our room 8 out of 14 days, what was a thrill and highlight to the trip. At the end of the pool day 4:00 pm ish we would grab a coke cola or beer from our in room mimi bar and sit for a good 1 1/2 hour again.
The bed was very comfortable, (for a "Mexican bed") as good as the Riu's we've stayed at, or Occidental's.
The buffet was limited, not bare bones but not a main event like other all inclusives.
The cereal is on the counter, the cereal bowls and milk but no spoons. The table is not set with tea spoons either. You have to try to get the waiters attention, usually 5-10 minutes to get a spoon. This went on each and every day of all 14 days, it became very aggravaiting and annoying.
Also trying to get one of the multiple wait staffs attention to get my second cup of coffee every morning annoyed me to no end.
They should get a coffee machine or cappucino machine so guests can serve them selfs. They seem to always be walking here and there and never really doing anything. They would never survive working at other hotels where service level is much higher. They only work in sections so can't help you if its not there section. Why can't the Captain grab a pot and go table to table offering coffee.
The unique feature of this all incluive hotel,(which I've never come across or heard about befor) is that if you look at the buffet and nothing appeals to you, you can ask for the menu and order from the restuarant menu, breakfast, lunch (avocado halves with tuna salad) and dinner. What a wonderful concept. It was a redeeming factor. We ordered the garlic shrimp dinner three times and chicken consome which was actually chicken and rice and very good, and carrot cake with ice cream for desert.
Another bonus was the Sunday bruch and Thursday night Fiesta night. Extremely good added value to the all inclusive plan. They also made an effort to have live music in the lobby bar and marimba players at "La Villitas" (Buffet) for breakfast.
I agree with other reviews the food service is hit and miss about 40/60. The pool bar sevice was good, and honorable mention goes to Adan and Omar.
I agree also with previous reviews of the cold front desk/ reception staff. Where is that warm friendly Mexican hospitality. The waiters at the Fiest have beautiful big smiles. Also one guy at the concierge desk was extremely unwilling to help, like pulling teeth to get information the first night we arrived on what restaurants we can eat at and location. In contrast we met Lordes (LuLu) a few days later at the concierge desk and were blown away by her.
We had 30C sunny days, a good bed, scenery, food what more can you ask for. It was a relaxing and restfull vacation.
There were two us travelling together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Shertaon Club Level at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport, our resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico offers many opportnities to appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon or enjoy easy travel on a business or leisure trip. Stay with us and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city's distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church. Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton