“​O​nce again, we were ultra pleased with our 11-day stay at Casa Anita”

Casa Anita y Corona del Mar
Ranked #54 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Montreal, Canada
“​O​nce again, we were ultra pleased with our 11-day stay at Casa Anita”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

​O​nce again, we were ultra pleased with our 11-day stay at Casa Anita, Puerto Vallarta (Dec. 21, 2013 to Jan 1st​, 2014). This was our fourth time at Casa Anita, and we found what we knew we would find here! Our wish-list included :

* A typically Mexican architecture (not a "Holiday Inn" type atmosphere);
* A room with balcony, and view of the Banderas Bay;
* Great customer service and staff;
* Proximity to the Old Town and the beach (less than 5 minutes walking distance);
* Free Wi-FI.

Mission Accomplished!
Note: The free Wi-Fi can be intermittent at times. But the staff at reception were always happy to reboot the modem, which quickly restored the Wi-Fi connection.

Room Tip: Note: Although there is no fitness center at Casa Anita, the stairs supply a free workout, every da...
1 Thank MontrealCanada2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Enjoyed our 1 week stay - the only thing is you are unable to navigate stairs this is not the place to stay. We had beautiful view of the bay to enjoy. Staff was helpful and did not hestitate to assist us. Enjoyed the starter food package until we could get our food. Definitely recommend this place to stay. We will be coming back again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room with A/C.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very helpful and happy staff at casa anita! We loved our stay for 9 nights. Our room to be exactly what we saw online it was very clean and even had starter food in our fridge! Lots of good info at the front desk. We accidentally broke a class top to a table and were worried about an outrageous cost but they found replacement pieces and only charged for the cost of the materials. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We just returned from a 2 week stay here and it was fabulous. If you don't enjoy stairs this is not the place for you. We were in A-15 and the view was great. Good view of the fireworks on New Years Eve. All the people we met who worked there were great and our maid Luce made it a little extra special. I would recommend Casa Anita to anyone

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We enjoyed our second stay at Casa Anita just as much as the first. We stayed in C4.. It doesn't have a view but it is spacious and inexpensive and it's just up the stairs to a common patio area with great view that we usually had to ourselves. Loved taking our morning coffee up there and our afternoon happy hour. Even saw whales spouting one day. If you don't mind stairs this is a great place to stay. Friendly helpful staff and enjoyed meeting other guests at Wednesday BBq and margarita night.

1 Thank ljb2Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice (in Nov 2012 and Nov 2013) and certainly would recommend it to my friends and family. The staff are very friendly, it is safe and secure. It is minutes away from the beach, the malecon and old downtown Puerto Vallarta, a very central location. Also close to transit.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a view of the ocean and downtown Puerto Vallarta. Please note there is no el...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sheilar360
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

First time in PV, so I took the advice of my travel agent and stated here at the Casa Anita y Corona del Mar. I expected the lobby to be on the main floor, but it was several stairs to climb. The view at the lobby was quite nice, and I had no problems the check in process other than my room wasn’t ready. After I got my room, you guessed it, more stairs to climb. There were over 140 stairs from the street level to the threshold at my room.

The service was above average, and great service from Veronica at the front desk. I had some problems with a few things in my room, but the staff was prompt in repairing the issues. The only issue I had was the lack of cool air from the A/C. The A/C would make sounds in the middle of the night awaking me from my sleep. I had no issues with street traffic from the other reviews I read, so it was quiet during the night. As for evening noise, there is a dog next door that likes to bark a bit too often.

The room was nicely laid out, with everything you need to stay longer than the week I chose to stay for. The Internet service would cut out every so often, but it was free, what do you expect. The only thing in the room I couldn’t stand was the location of a window that was in between the toilet and shower. In order to go to the shower you would have to walk by a window that was the height from mid-thigh to the top of the head for a 6’ person, so you can figure out what gets exposed. Every room had a different lay out, I had the opportunity to visit six other rooms, and there are some nice rooms and given the chance would have stayed in a different room.

The view from the balcony was spectacular, due to the location of Casa Anita on top of the hill and having the highest point on the Casa Anita side. You can see fireworks every night from the balcony and it was a great place to chill out drinking some cervezas.

The drawback was coming back from town back to Casa Anita late evening, as you have to walk along the highway and it was dark and also a bit dangerous due to vehicles blazing by you. By the time you got back to Casa Anita, if you weren’t tired by the 15 minute walk up the hill, you also had to face 140 stairs back to the room. When I got back to the room I was forced to shower again from the humidity and the exertion of the walk. If you use cabs back and forth from town to Casa Anita, then the drawback I just mentioned is a moot point.

The only reason I wouldn’t stay at the Casa Anita y Corona del Mar again, is the proximity of the hotel to the attractions that I was at. Next time I will stay somewhere else.

My travel date was in early November 2012. The review I wrote was from a drafted email that I forgot to submit last year, however the accuracy of the review should not be in question as it was created the week I got back home, however the submission to Trip Advisor is late.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
casanita_12, Manager at Casa Anita y Corona del Mar, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear guest, thank you so much for taking the time to send in your review. I'd just like to mention that you were in Anita # 20 which is the highest suite in our complex. We do have several suites lower in the building for anyone who doesn't want to go up 140 stairs. For any future guests looking to make a new reservation, it's better if you can either make your reservation right on our website, which shows which floor each suite is on (obviously the higher you go, the more steps you will have and also the better the view gets) or send me an email so that we can discuss what the best option is for YOU. email: casanita@prodigy.net.mx

You mentioned the 15 minute walk home at night from the downtown area, just so future guests are aware, a taxi from anywhere in the downtown area is only $3.50 usd to Casa Anita.

I'm not sure why you would not get cool air from your air conditioner? Sometimes the control gets accidentally switched to fan mode by other guests. We have an air conditioner technician on our maintenance team, if you had reported that to the reception, we could have fixed it for you.

Again thank you for taking the time to send in your review.
Sincerely, Sonia Semeyn