“Our home away from home.”

Casa Anita y Corona del Mar
Ranked #54 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reno, Nevada, United States
“Our home away from home.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Casa Anita #20 June 1st - 15. Everything met our expectations, and we enjoyed our stay. The view from our suite was perfect. All these people who write bad reviews should go back to the resorts if that's what they want! We had no issue with anything or anyone. This is a well kept property which offers you the experience of apartment living in Puerto Vallarta. We loved it! Thank you Sonia, for being our gracious host. Now my wife misses your dogs. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jeff D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Nayarit
Reviewed June 5, 2013

we stayed there for one night using a Cupocity/groupon. and I feel we got exactly what we paid for. It is an older property that is a maze of stairs and walkways. The views are pretty once you get to them, but everything about the property is inconvenient. Just to check in you will climb no less than 6 flights a very steep stairs. We didn't mind it we're healthy and fit but I would not advise this property for anyone that does not like stairs.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank NayaritNelly
casanita_12, Manager at Casa Anita y Corona del Mar, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear guests, our reception is on the 3rd floor. There are 8 floors right to the top of the building and we have several suites on lower floors if you don't want to go up 6 flights of steps to your suite.
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently (5/16 to 5/19) spent some time at this hotel for the first time, and found pretty much exactly what the reviews had led me to believe: nice rooms, with real character and charm, great views, friendly staff, and plenty of stairs! I was in A-18, a charming room with a lovely balcony, sunroom, nice bath, and fantastic views in two different directions, 140 steps up from the road (with some breaks, fortunately). Definitely not for the faint of heart (or weak of heart), but otherwise very ncie. The hotel is close enough to town so that one can easily walk down to the Zona Romantica for breakfast, lunch, dinner and shopping, but nicely up on a hill so as to be removed from the hustle, bustle and noise of the town and the road. You are also, by the way, situated right between two of my favorite restaurants: Taste, immediately to the right (but up a driveway) on your exit from the hotel, and Bistro Teresa, about 100 yards to the left on the coast side of the road.

If you're looking for totally modern, sterile, accomodations lacking in all personality, there are certainly better choices, but for my tastes (and money), this was a great find. My one recommendation: do not get the voucher for transportation from the airport to the hotel. As mentioned in some other reviews, it's for a shared ride (with only one company), so the wait is likely to be far too long to be worth saving a few bucks. The voucher back, however, works fine, and tends to end up being a solo trip, as they recognize that you have a plane to catch.

One possibility for saving money on the ride from the airport: leave the terminal, find the pedestrian bridge at the east end of the airport over the main road, and walk over it. Once outside the airport, the taxis don't have to pay the airport fee, so the ride is significantly cheaper (100 pesos, IIRC).
Not a great choice if you have a ton of luggage, but then, if you have a ton of luggage, you're doing it wrong.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view, but the longer the climb.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank retr2
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have stayed at Casa Anita many times before, but this was the first time with family. A warm welcome from Sonia got our family vacation off to a good start. Our stay was everything we had expected, and what we had been raving about. As usual the staff was helpful and friendly (in particular on this visit, Veronica, who was so helpful with directions and booking tours.) Any problems or concerns we had were quickly dealt with. Our family enjoyed the comfortable and well equipped suite, especially the spacious and private deck. Los Muertos beach, Old Town and a very convenient OXXO store were just a short walk away. We have always found Casa Anita to be a great value for your money, and look forward to returning soon. The Partridge family, Penticton, B.C.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week,Nov 22-29 2013 .Although the room it self was what I had expected for the price,it was clean and the view was great, there are alot of stairs so beware.The staff are really great and that's saying alot for being under the direction of the owners daughter Sonja. As manager I have been in the hospitality business for over 30yrs and a manager for 28 of them, I could not believe the greed from this person over a few peso .Don't book the airport transport with them they say they highly recommend it and the only reason that is,is so they can make money.What they don't tell you is you have to wait for a group of people to fill the taxi before they will take you to the hotel.Only after you pay they send you the info, my other half waited there for a hour after landing and they even phoned her and she said she would not pay a extra $10 so he could get a cab right away.I found out what was going on ,and that info came right from her month! I told her to phone them and I would pay the extra $10 he finally got a taxi and got to the hotel She told me she did not want to cut into her bottom line.Worst customer service I have seen,I also broke a plate when it fell out of the dish rack $ 6 and that was a cheap corningware plate don't mind paying for what got broke but I could of bought a whole set for that at leys store (a local supermarket)I said I would replace all of them and she said no it had to be the same pattern .Also beware when you give them a imprint of your card they don't give it back we check out in the morning and the clerk informed us she could not get access to it and (this happens all the time) I have since cancelled the card and will receive a new one soon,.finally would I stay here again (No!) Too bad the hotel itself was fine the local staff where great! But get someone else to manage it doubtful that will ever happen.And before any one starts I know hotels are in business to make money its not about that, its how situations are handled .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dale S
casanita_12, Manager at Casa Anita y Corona del Mar, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your comments about the return transfer. We have taken your comments into consideration and we are currently canceling this option on our online reservations section when the transfer is for only 1 person. When there are at least 2 people traveling together, the taxi company we deal with always sends them off in a cab alone, without waiting. You arrived earlier that same day with one of our transfers and were sent directly to Casa Anita in a cab, alone, without having to pay any extra fee. Unfortunately, your partner arrived on a national flight much later in the day and according to the taxi company, he was given a cab sharing with other people right away and refused it. He was also given the option to pay $10 dollars to get a private cab and he refused that too. Regarding your comment: “She told me she did not want to cut into her bottom line.” I never said that and we don’t make any money on the transfer for 1 person, we only offer it as a courtesy for 1 person because it’s cheaper for them to buy our transfer than to pay for the airport taxi and a taxi back on their own. We highly suggest buying our transfer because it’s convenient and helps protect our clients from the time share sharks at the airport and from having to deal with money when they first arrive.

With regards to the Corell dish that you broke, you never said you would buy a whole new set instead of paying for the 1 dish. You asked me if you could replace it yourself because you thought your could buy a whole set of Corell dishes for $6 dollars. I told you that you were way off on the price for a set but that it would be fine for you to replace the single dish, as long as you found the same pattern. I even suggested you try Soriana because they sell single Corell dishes and figured it would be better that you see the price for yourself and realize that we are only charging the cost of the item and that you can’t buy any set of dishes for $6 dollars.

I’m sorry that we didn’t have the imprint of your credit card out for your departure. I keep the deposits in the safe for the client’s safety. I usually get to the office before the daily departures so that the front desk staff have all the necessary vouchers for that day but since you left at 8:20 am, your voucher was locked up. I will certainly make sure this does not happen again for our future clients.

Sincerely, Sonia Semeyn.
Saint-Jean-de-Matha, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My spouse and I spent the months of February and March and have enjoyed a marvelous vacation.
The Management was always accessible for help when needed.
The room was very clean, maids vhere polite. Everything we needed in the kitchennette was available and operative.
We look forward to return to the same hotel soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks and had a beautiful sunset view of the playa de Los Muertos beach. Each hotel has filtered water and free wifi. There are lots of stairs for exercise to get up to your room. My room was near the top and had 106 steps from the bottom. Great value and great location right up from the blue chairs beach (5 minute walk). Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013