Casa Anita y Corona del Mar
$195
$321
$274
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$381
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$169
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$197
$182
All reviewsno elevatormain roadbusy roadminute walk to the beachgreat view of the baylarge resorthome away from homestaff was very friendly and helpfulprivate poolcoffee makerlounge chairssuitenoiseaccommodationsbalconypvvacation
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My spouse and I spent the months of February and March and have enjoyed a marvelous vacation.
The Management was always accessible for help when needed.
The room was very clean, maids vhere polite. Everything we needed in the kitchennette was available and operative.
We look forward to return to the same hotel soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks and had a beautiful sunset view of the playa de Los Muertos beach. Each hotel has filtered water and free wifi. There are lots of stairs for exercise to get up to your room. My room was near the top and had 106 steps from the bottom. Great value and great location right up from the blue chairs beach (5 minute walk). Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here for a week and had a lovely and relaxing time. We stayed on a top floor (Anita 18) but spent most of our time with friends around the private pool (Corona 6), which was glorious. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, the bed very comfortable and the kitchen(s) fully equipped. The view is nice, but not magnificent since there is hotel construction immediately in front. Also, it is an urban landscape over water which is the same as I have at home, but it's still pretty. The location is convenient to lots of good, cheap food and the beach. The stairs (and hill up from town) are exhausting, but suck it up, it's good for you.

The only negative was the noise. First, from the road, which was significant even from the top floor. Down by the pool we had to raise our voices to converse. Also the balconies are practically in each other's laps so the people next to us who were up all night drinking and laughing kept us up with them too... I mean really, you can hear everything, even someone's dog's incessant squeaky toy. And even with ear plugs and a white noise machine.

I would advise people not to pay for the transportation to and from the hotel. Coming from the airport it is a collective service so you may have to wait for others (this is not stated on the website when you pay), and at $25 USD for a 20 minute ride, this is nuts. For that price you can get your own cab, even if you get ripped off it would still be faster and no more expensive. Also, on the way back all they do is flag a cab from the busy road. We had to remind them to do it on time, so really, we could have done this ourselves. If you've ever negotiated your own travel in a country other than your own, don't bother paying for this "service".

Overall, it was exactly what we needed to take a fun and affordable vacation with friends.

Room Tip: The private pool in Corona 6 made our vacation peaceful in a fairly crowded and chaotic vacation destination. Just know it's a little noisy there too.
Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank j b
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and loved it. We stayed in suite 21, which had a nice open patio with great views of Puerto Vallarta and the bay. It is on a hill and has lots of steps. This did not detract from the hotel for me, but might bother some people. I loved that the hotel was previously an apartment building. You have so much space and actually feel like you're staying in Mexico, instead of at some generic resort. Plus, the hotel is located near the more active part of the city, so there are lots of places to eat and go out. But the best part is definitely the views, definitely it feels like you're in paradise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at Casa Anita for two nights in February. It was excellent. The view was spectacular, the rooms were immaculate and the reception staff were polite and accommodating. There are many stairs to climb if you are in the rooms with the views but they do have rooms at lower levels. I personally did not mind the stairs as I wore off the extra calories from all the good food and drink I had in PV. I will return and recommend Casa Anita to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends