“Lack of concern for guest” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Casa Anita y Corona del Mar
Ranked #54 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Toronto, Canada
“Lack of concern for guest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week,Nov 22-29 2013 .Although the room it self was what I had expected for the price,it was clean and the view was great, there are alot of stairs so beware.The staff are really great and that's saying alot for being under the direction of the owners daughter Sonja. As manager I have been in the hospitality business for over 30yrs and a manager for 28 of them, I could not believe the greed from this person over a few peso .Don't book the airport transport with them they say they highly recommend it and the only reason that is,is so they can make money.What they don't tell you is you have to wait for a group of people to fill the taxi before they will take you to the hotel.Only after you pay they send you the info, my other half waited there for a hour after landing and they even phoned her and she said she would not pay a extra $10 so he could get a cab right away.I found out what was going on ,and that info came right from her month! I told her to phone them and I would pay the extra $10 he finally got a taxi and got to the hotel She told me she did not want to cut into her bottom line.Worst customer service I have seen,I also broke a plate when it fell out of the dish rack $ 6 and that was a cheap corningware plate don't mind paying for what got broke but I could of bought a whole set for that at leys store (a local supermarket)I said I would replace all of them and she said no it had to be the same pattern .Also beware when you give them a imprint of your card they don't give it back we check out in the morning and the clerk informed us she could not get access to it and (this happens all the time) I have since cancelled the card and will receive a new one soon,.finally would I stay here again (No!) Too bad the hotel itself was fine the local staff where great! But get someone else to manage it doubtful that will ever happen.And before any one starts I know hotels are in business to make money its not about that, its how situations are handled .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dale S
casanita_12, Manager at Casa Anita y Corona del Mar, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your comments about the return transfer. We have taken your comments into consideration and we are currently canceling this option on our online reservations section when the transfer is for only 1 person. When there are at least 2 people traveling together, the taxi company we deal with always sends them off in a cab alone, without waiting. You arrived earlier that same day with one of our transfers and were sent directly to Casa Anita in a cab, alone, without having to pay any extra fee. Unfortunately, your partner arrived on a national flight much later in the day and according to the taxi company, he was given a cab sharing with other people right away and refused it. He was also given the option to pay $10 dollars to get a private cab and he refused that too. Regarding your comment: “She told me she did not want to cut into her bottom line.” I never said that and we don’t make any money on the transfer for 1 person, we only offer it as a courtesy for 1 person because it’s cheaper for them to buy our transfer than to pay for the airport taxi and a taxi back on their own. We highly suggest buying our transfer because it’s convenient and helps protect our clients from the time share sharks at the airport and from having to deal with money when they first arrive.

With regards to the Corell dish that you broke, you never said you would buy a whole new set instead of paying for the 1 dish. You asked me if you could replace it yourself because you thought your could buy a whole set of Corell dishes for $6 dollars. I told you that you were way off on the price for a set but that it would be fine for you to replace the single dish, as long as you found the same pattern. I even suggested you try Soriana because they sell single Corell dishes and figured it would be better that you see the price for yourself and realize that we are only charging the cost of the item and that you can’t buy any set of dishes for $6 dollars.

I’m sorry that we didn’t have the imprint of your credit card out for your departure. I keep the deposits in the safe for the client’s safety. I usually get to the office before the daily departures so that the front desk staff have all the necessary vouchers for that day but since you left at 8:20 am, your voucher was locked up. I will certainly make sure this does not happen again for our future clients.

Sincerely, Sonia Semeyn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Saint-Jean-de-Matha, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My spouse and I spent the months of February and March and have enjoyed a marvelous vacation.
The Management was always accessible for help when needed.
The room was very clean, maids vhere polite. Everything we needed in the kitchennette was available and operative.
We look forward to return to the same hotel soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks and had a beautiful sunset view of the playa de Los Muertos beach. Each hotel has filtered water and free wifi. There are lots of stairs for exercise to get up to your room. My room was near the top and had 106 steps from the bottom. Great value and great location right up from the blue chairs beach (5 minute walk). Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here for a week and had a lovely and relaxing time. We stayed on a top floor (Anita 18) but spent most of our time with friends around the private pool (Corona 6), which was glorious. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, the bed very comfortable and the kitchen(s) fully equipped. The view is nice, but not magnificent since there is hotel construction immediately in front. Also, it is an urban landscape over water which is the same as I have at home, but it's still pretty. The location is convenient to lots of good, cheap food and the beach. The stairs (and hill up from town) are exhausting, but suck it up, it's good for you.

The only negative was the noise. First, from the road, which was significant even from the top floor. Down by the pool we had to raise our voices to converse. Also the balconies are practically in each other's laps so the people next to us who were up all night drinking and laughing kept us up with them too... I mean really, you can hear everything, even someone's dog's incessant squeaky toy. And even with ear plugs and a white noise machine.

I would advise people not to pay for the transportation to and from the hotel. Coming from the airport it is a collective service so you may have to wait for others (this is not stated on the website when you pay), and at $25 USD for a 20 minute ride, this is nuts. For that price you can get your own cab, even if you get ripped off it would still be faster and no more expensive. Also, on the way back all they do is flag a cab from the busy road. We had to remind them to do it on time, so really, we could have done this ourselves. If you've ever negotiated your own travel in a country other than your own, don't bother paying for this "service".

Overall, it was exactly what we needed to take a fun and affordable vacation with friends.

Room Tip: The private pool in Corona 6 made our vacation peaceful in a fairly crowded and chaotic vacation des...
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank j b
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and loved it. We stayed in suite 21, which had a nice open patio with great views of Puerto Vallarta and the bay. It is on a hill and has lots of steps. This did not detract from the hotel for me, but might bother some people. I loved that the hotel was previously an apartment building. You have so much space and actually feel like you're staying in Mexico, instead of at some generic resort. Plus, the hotel is located near the more active part of the city, so there are lots of places to eat and go out. But the best part is definitely the views, definitely it feels like you're in paradise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at Casa Anita for two nights in February. It was excellent. The view was spectacular, the rooms were immaculate and the reception staff were polite and accommodating. There are many stairs to climb if you are in the rooms with the views but they do have rooms at lower levels. I personally did not mind the stairs as I wore off the extra calories from all the good food and drink I had in PV. I will return and recommend Casa Anita to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I can't say enough about Casa Anita in Old Town Puerto Vallarta. This place has the most amazing views, suites and the staff are Amazing!!!!! The location is Awesome. Very close to all the action in Old Town. I recommend trying unit# 21. The deck is about 20 ft. by 40 ft. It is really cool for entertaining and sunsets!!!!! Most of the staff are bilingual and super helpful. Quite an enjoyable experience!!!!!! Try it, you'll love it!!!! Lloyd McLean- Saskatoon, Canada.

Room Tip: Suite #21. The deck and the views are Awesome!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo