Alright, my stay was recent, so let me tell you about this place.
First, it isn't the cleanest place. The pools are filled with college/high school students drinking and vomiting in the waters. The tables are cleaned promptly and I never had any problems with dirty dishes. This is just the common area, there's more.
Secondly, the rooms. We had the oceanview honeymoon suite. Second floor, room 133, stay away from it. It is roomy, but the airconditioner is lazy and smells of mold. The view is amazing from your concrete bed. Also, the television is awful!
About the food and drink, there are 2 restaraunts. One is a buffet, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The same food for every single meal makes me wonder about it. The food is edible, but far from good. There are birds everywhere! They attack the leftovers, sit near the food, and defecate all over. Really unsanitary and unsettling. The second restaraunt is open every other day and requires making reservations on day 1! Ridiculous. There is a snack bar, supposedly, I never saw it. The drinks are ok and by ok I mean "free".
Next, the service! Oh boy, here we go. There is NO WiFi. They say there is, but only in the lobby. In the room it costs much extra, to the tune of $7USD per hour. You have to rent the safe, you have to rent the remote, you have to rent the towels. Water IS NOT INCLUDED. That may not seem so bad, until you've been out in 40° sun all day. The staff speaks basic English, so that's there, problem or not. There are shows daily, mostly just dancers. The bartenders are quick and polite, but there are tons of random vendors.
Location, location, location. It's placed decently. 5 minutes from downtown, 10 minutes from major grocery stores and malls, and 20 minutes from the airport. The ocean is poor and dirty compared to other locations, but who visits Puerto Vallarta for the ocean? There's a bus stop right out front and taxis aplenty.
Overall, this resort is less R&R and more party and music. It is constantly full of local kids and families being loud and drunk. The staff are basic, not much extraordinary. The food is boring and repetitive. The rooms aren't special, and the building is old.
Basically if you can afford it, stay elsewhere. If you're keeping it cheap, this is a good choice, just don't say I didn't warn you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the most refreshing way to vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Unwind together in our oceanfront Jacuzzi with panoramic view. Play in our two sparkling pools. Enjoy our beach club, with its wide range of activities. Indulge in a soothing massage. Treat your palate to delicious cuisine and cocktails at our restaurants and bars. Check out our nightly shows. At Las Palmas by the Sea you will enjoy your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Las Palmas by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas By The Sea Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Sea Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Resort
- Las Palmas Beach