This was our 1st trip to PV and we did enjoy all the attractions PV has to offer. We arrived around 10;30 at night; and the front desk staff and bell boys were pleasant and helpful. I had booked an ocean view room and we ended up on the 2nd floor looking over the adult pool and towards the ocean. This room had 2 double beds; the bathroom sink was cracked in many places and the mirror didn't look like it had been wiped down for awhile. We went down for a drink at the bar and received great service. I asked the front desk for a king size bed room and they told me to check with them in the morning; I checked in the morning and after saying they couldn't move us; they found another room on the 2nd floor in the next building which was supposedly a time share room. This room was much nicer; bathroom was cleaner and the view was good as well. Careful if you want to shower though; hot water is very sporadic! The food here was okay; breakfast selection was the best; however they had fresh grilled Mahi mahi on Tuesday which was excellent. Drinks are plentiful and a good selection (they free pour everything so easy to get a little buzzed in no time!)
The cleaning staff was excellent as are the waiters, waitresses, cooks and bartenders! Layout of resort is very well kept and about a 20 minute walk to the Malecon; and only about 6 bucks canadian for a cab there. Lots of stores, shops, malls within easy walking distance.
Watch out for time share agents which are everywhere on the streets in kiosks looking like day excursion trips! Also you will get a note at hotel saying come get your free gift. Time share in lobby at hotel; which we did check out. If you are willing to spend 3-4 hours and get a couple of free excursions (we received the Rythms of the Night and the city tour for free as well as the cab ride to and from Nuerto Vallarta). Said no to the time share of course and they did make us feel bad about it but who cares!
Whale watching in the morning was great, also saw whales right from the resort and from the Malecon.
Pirate Ship night tour also worth the money and the food was fantastic as was the entertainment!
Definitely coming back to PV; but will probably try another resort just to see the differences. If you are not too picky about where you stay; this is a decent spot - great staff, okay food; and lots of booze!!
Have fun - we sure did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the most refreshing way to vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Unwind together in our oceanfront Jacuzzi with panoramic view. Play in our two sparkling pools. Enjoy our beach club, with its wide range of activities. Indulge in a soothing massage. Treat your palate to delicious cuisine and cocktails at our restaurants and bars. Check out our nightly shows. At Las Palmas by the Sea you will enjoy your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Las Palmas by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas By The Sea Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Sea Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Resort
- Las Palmas Beach