Las Palmas looks fabulous on their website but not in reality. We were given a garden view room (19) that was not habitable. The room had such an overwhelming odor of mold, that we had to ask for another room. Thankfully they had one on the 4th level (443) that had a view of the city, but unfortunately no balcony and the window only opened to about 5 inches. It was clean but extremely basic, meaning 2 hard mattresses each on a raised slab of cement with a 'built in' cement bedside shelf in between, a 'built-in' cement shaped dresser with 2 small drawers, a small bench room enough for one suitcase, no chair in the room.
The bathroom doubled up with an open closet space with only 5 coat hangers and some shelving and a safe. No tub, but the shower was nice and spacious. A blowdryer was provided. I only mention this as it is not listed on their amenities, so just to be safe I brought my own. Only shampoo and small soaps are provided, no conditioner or lotions, mouthwash etc.
We did think the staff was very friendly, and the waiters in the one and only available restaurant to be courteous and hardworking. Food was ok, variety was ok, lots of fresh fruit and salads to choose from as well as a fresh egg/omelet and pancake station for breakfasts.
One ala-carte dinner was included for free in our package which was very good. We ordered the chef's specialty bbq ribs that came with a baked potato and a vegetable medly which I have to say was very good and nicely presented. We also had a caesar salad, and for dessert the tiramisu, again both very good. They only had one type of red wine to choose from that was much too sweet for a dinner wine. We asked if we could bring our own bottle of wine down from our room but they said no.
On the last two days of our stay there must have been a special on or something as suddenly the place was extremely over-crowded with locals and the lineups for meals was ridiculous, at least a half hour wait but we didn't stay around to find out, we went out to eat.
We had to wonder why on one of those very busy days they closed the restaurant at lunch and set up a hot dog and hamburger stand, creating even longer than usual lineups - again we went out to eat.
We've stayed at another all inclusive where they had a 24 hour snack bar available with light snacks and drinks, but not here. Not even a pop and water dispensing machine. Only a tiny lobby bar if you want to have a juice, and after 11 pm you have to pay for that. We were not impressed with the bare amenities that this place offered.
Can't comment on the entertainment as we didn't attend any.
As a previous reviewer mentioned, "you get what you pay for" was exactly our feelings about this place. We will not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the most refreshing way to vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Unwind together in our oceanfront Jacuzzi with panoramic view. Play in our two sparkling pools. Enjoy our beach club, with its wide range of activities. Indulge in a soothing massage. Treat your palate to delicious cuisine and cocktails at our restaurants and bars. Check out our nightly shows. At Las Palmas by the Sea you will enjoy your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Palmas by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas By The Sea Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Sea Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Resort
- Las Palmas Beach