I stayed at this resort along with my nineteen-year-old son during the week of August 9-16. If you keep your expectations in check, the Las Palmas can be a good option. On the one hand... It's a tired- looking resort, overdue for a major facelift. It's also a smaller resort and doesn't have as many amenities or activities as other nearby resorts. The beach isn't very big, hardly wide enough for a volleyball court; nor is the swimming very good in this area. There is only one a la carte restaurant and the buffet restaurant often has line- ups. But on the other hand... The resort is clean, safe, and well maintained (keep in mind that if it were renovated you probably wouldn't be going there as it would cost a lot more). The intimate size of the resort makes people more inclined to socialize--my son certainly had no difficulty finding nineteen-year-old girls to talk to--and if you didn't already know that three-star people are nicer than five-star people, you will by the end of the week. As for the beach, you can walk just north of the resort and find a much better beach. The resort is also close to downtown; you can walk there in 30 minutes or take a 50-cent bus ride from the street in front of the hotel. As for the food, I enjoyed my meal at the a la carte and had no problem finding things I liked at the buffet. My son enjoyed the hamburgers and pizza at the snack bar.
The strongest feature of the hotel is its staff; they definitely provided five-star enthusiasm and effort during my stay there. I have been to three other resorts in Puerto Vallarta and I would rate the staff at the Palmas as the friendliest and most helpful.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a romantic week with your significant other, full of upscale amenities and a la carte restaurants, then you should probably spend the extra money and go elsewhere. But if you have family with you, or if saving money is an important consideration, or if you simply want to get away from the real world and relax and have fun for a week, then the Palmas might be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the most refreshing way to vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Unwind together in our oceanfront Jacuzzi with panoramic view. Play in our two sparkling pools. Enjoy our beach club, with its wide range of activities. Indulge in a soothing massage. Treat your palate to delicious cuisine and cocktails at our restaurants and bars. Check out our nightly shows. At Las Palmas by the Sea you will enjoy your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Palmas by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas By The Sea Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Sea Puerto Vallarta
- Las Palmas Resort
- Las Palmas Beach