“Nice, close to resorts”

Club de Golf Los Flamingos
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole course lined with orange, mango and lemon trees is located just north of the airport.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Nice, close to resorts”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We found a great deal for $40/person on golfnow. The course was nice enough. I'm not sure I would pay more than $60/person for it though. Fairways are open and greens are slow. It was actually pretty busy when we went (probably due to the great deal.) Beer was also extremely cheap (8/$20.)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Brandon E

Denio, Nevada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“good value?”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm not an avid golfer, and an expert by no means, so take this review with a grain of salt. After playing Vallarta Vista twice this week, Flamingos was a nice change of pace. I think price-wise, it's a really good value. Not being so high altitude, our 8am tee time didn't leave us with soaking wet greens like Vista. Which didn't matter, because some were SO hard to read anyhow! I should have gotten a caddy... The view was good, different then what we'd been seeing. And I thought the holes were a little more challenging than Vista for a few reasons- the rough was less manicured than say Vista or Tigre, so once your ball was gone- it was gone. The fairways weren't bad, but could definitely be improved. And again, the greens! Such a struggle, which would have been fine, but the cocktail cart just wasn't coming fast enough... The nice thing is the location- if you're staying in Nuevo Vallarta, it's just a few minutes out.

Visited January 2013
Sacramento
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Nice wide fairways!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Good course with wide fairways but still a test with some forced carries but one of the easier courses in the area. My beginner wife liked it so much we played twice. Book through golfnow for discounts, we pretty much had the course to ourselves starting around 1 and averaged 3.5 hrs for our two rounds, taking our time. Also friendly staff and free shuttle back to PV.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank sactoroy
Saskatoon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Solid Choice”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Golfed 4 rounds Nov.28th-Dec. 5th. Rates are cheaper the more you golf. Package deals are available. Golf in Mexico is always expensive, so we looked for a course close to Riu Vallarta and for a good price. I'm glad we played all our rounds here as the last round finally culminated into the 'Great Round' (score wise) lol.

Bermuda greens which are fairly slow but in good shape. I like slower Bermuda greens because I have a tougher time reading them and getting a feel over bent greens. Almost every green is elevated and approach shots are from well below the green.

The course isn't too hard which was a nice change for vacation golf. I generally try finding the most prestigious and difficult courses while on vacation and sometimes I lose so many golf balls I wonder why I even bothered haha. This course is fun, challenging, but not too difficult. Just stay in the fairway. The rough is fairly thick.

Not many fairway bunkers, but every green is well guarded by bunkers.

The scenery is nice, tropical, and private (every hole is hidden from other holes which is nice), but not mind blowing like some seaside and mountain courses. We saw a few large crocodiles which was cool but made me a little nervous when shooting close to the water.

One day we had to use a caddie and that day was probably my worst round. I just don't get the use for caddies in the age of golf carts. (unless walking of course). It might have helped if the caddie spoke english though. He hustled to get our clubs and keep the ball clean but that was about it. No reads, advice or anything.

Beer cart was rarely seen and the concession workers were rude and useless. They never had coffee made in the mornings. Really, the first thing they should do is brew coffee not fold napkins or rearrange chairs lol. Oh well, other than that the staff were nice especially the backshop guys who get your clubs and clean them after every round.

Overall this is a solid chioice in the PV area. It was the first course designed in PV and a nice country club setting. Well maintained, scenic, and fun.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rocket29
Southlake, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“We only played nine holes, but overall very scenic and beautiful”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The course itself was pretty rough, but when you consider the scenery and the setting it was very nice. We saw a band of 'tojotes' run across the course while we were playing (they are the Latin American version raccoons and look a bit like monkeys) and there were signs advising of the crocodiles that lived in the waterways near the course, so you felt a bit like you were on a jungle tour. We will probably come back - although Vallarta has lots of courses to check out so who knows! We paid $42 each to rent clubs and $75 to play (we went after 2pm) so it was kinda pricey, but worth it. We also had some decent sandwiches at the bar. Nice little course.

Visited June 2012