“Solid Choice”

Club de Golf Los Flamingos
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole course lined with orange, mango and lemon trees is located just north of the airport.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Golfed 4 rounds Nov.28th-Dec. 5th. Rates are cheaper the more you golf. Package deals are available. Golf in Mexico is always expensive, so we looked for a course close to Riu Vallarta and for a good price. I'm glad we played all our rounds here as the last round finally culminated into the 'Great Round' (score wise) lol.

Bermuda greens which are fairly slow but in good shape. I like slower Bermuda greens because I have a tougher time reading them and getting a feel over bent greens. Almost every green is elevated and approach shots are from well below the green.

The course isn't too hard which was a nice change for vacation golf. I generally try finding the most prestigious and difficult courses while on vacation and sometimes I lose so many golf balls I wonder why I even bothered haha. This course is fun, challenging, but not too difficult. Just stay in the fairway. The rough is fairly thick.

Not many fairway bunkers, but every green is well guarded by bunkers.

The scenery is nice, tropical, and private (every hole is hidden from other holes which is nice), but not mind blowing like some seaside and mountain courses. We saw a few large crocodiles which was cool but made me a little nervous when shooting close to the water.

One day we had to use a caddie and that day was probably my worst round. I just don't get the use for caddies in the age of golf carts. (unless walking of course). It might have helped if the caddie spoke english though. He hustled to get our clubs and keep the ball clean but that was about it. No reads, advice or anything.

Beer cart was rarely seen and the concession workers were rude and useless. They never had coffee made in the mornings. Really, the first thing they should do is brew coffee not fold napkins or rearrange chairs lol. Oh well, other than that the staff were nice especially the backshop guys who get your clubs and clean them after every round.

Overall this is a solid chioice in the PV area. It was the first course designed in PV and a nice country club setting. Well maintained, scenic, and fun.

1  Thank Rocket29

Reviewed June 16, 2012

The course itself was pretty rough, but when you consider the scenery and the setting it was very nice. We saw a band of 'tojotes' run across the course while we were playing (they are the Latin American version raccoons and look a bit like monkeys) and there were signs advising of the crocodiles that lived in the waterways near the course, so you felt a bit like you were on a jungle tour. We will probably come back - although Vallarta has lots of courses to check out so who knows! We paid $42 each to rent clubs and $75 to play (we went after 2pm) so it was kinda pricey, but worth it. We also had some decent sandwiches at the bar. Nice little course.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have only played this once, but I thought it was a pretty scenic and fair course. No ocean views, but very nice.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

lovely course. I showed late, and they wont let anyone play after 4PM, but they gave me a 5 gal bucket of range balls for $12. Golf is expensive in Puerto Vallarta, and they wonder why the courses are empty.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

one of the first ones and for that era it was a wow desing, now, poor maintenance, high price. Rough is rough and the fairways are fough as well.