“Barcy Kids Club”

Barcelo Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #32 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed at the Barcelo Puerto Vallarta from March 16-28. We had a wonderful time during our whole stay. Services and staff were all wonderful. With 2 younger children aged 5 and 7, they would look forward to going to the Barcy Club daily. Lara and Ronny (our kids) loved Marisol from Barcy Club. They loved the activities and the attention she gave them. They and we are already planning our next trip to Barcelo Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on April 5th, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home and also to be the host on your family vacations.

We work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.

Receive warm regards from Marisol who is very happy for have made wonderful memories for your kids during your visit.

Thank you for your openness and we hope you give us soon the pleasure of visit us again and be your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Barceló Puerto Vallarta

Write a ReviewReviews (4,680)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We first visited this resort in October, 2011 so we knew what to expect. We knew the layout of the grounds, room size, restaurants, pool, beach, etc. Obviously since we were willing to go back, we enjoyed our 1st stay. The Barceló has made it even better. First, let me say, a lot of people write that building #1 is loud. That could not have been further from the truth for us! We stayed in building #1 on the 4th floor & it was wonderful. We were never kept awake from the bar or nightly shows & were asleep by 10pm. The views from most every room are great, so don't fret over getting cheated. You'll love it, regardless of what building you're in. We also read about people getting sick from the food. None of us got sick once & we ate every meal at the resort. Don't let those reviews concern you. The food was delicious. We loved every meal! Every night is a different theme at the buffet. We're in our mid 50's & have been to more than a dozen resorts through the years. This one will not disappoint. As I wrote in my 1st review of this resort years ago, it's more of a relaxing resort, not a real loud, party hotspot. If that's what you're looking for.....go to Cancun. Trust this seasoned traveler & book this resort. You won't be sorry!

Room Tip: It's true, the higher up, the better the view. But anything above the 2nd floor is great. We wal...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank djcardsfan

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on April 1st, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home again. I would like to thank you also for your kind sincerity about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

We are very glad to know that we are fulfilling our goals with you due our aim is to give to all our guest the service which we build our reputation and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was my first time to Mexico. I don't think I could have picked a better place to vacation. Actually, my travel agent recommended it. This place is absolutely amazing. The service was top notch, the people were so friendly, the food was awesome, and the accomodations and amenities were the best I've ever experiencied. I was a little nervous going over spring break with our kids, but this resort really caters to families and not the spring break crowd. The restaurants were excellent and the buffet was very good too. I loved how secluded it felt in our own little cove. It was fun to see the fishing boats come in and out. The kids loved renting jet skis, and the resort offered free kayak and snorkling equipment to use. I really enjoyed purchasing goods from the vendors on the beach - they were so friendly! I actually did most of my shopping this way. My daughter and I really enjoyed the massages and facials we had at the Barcelo. This resort has only 303 rooms divided among 2 buildings with only 9 floors - that means you don't have so many people that you can't get a chair at the pool or beach. This facility can more than accommodate all guests. I can't wait to bring my friends here in the future. I have nothing but praise for the Barcelo Resort and my vacation experience in Puerto Vallarta!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are ocean view, so I'm sure all are wonderful. We were on the 5th floor and th...
2  Thank Paula D
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 31st, 2014.

We thank you very much for your kind comments and also thank you for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

We hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our family just returned from an amazing trip to Puerto Vallarta. All the staff at the Barcelo were fantastic! Each and every staff member took pride in the job they did!

We were welcomed with a refreshing beverage and checked in quickly. The kids could hardly wait for the pools and spent every hour they could there. They are 10 and 8, just a bit big for the small pool but had fun on the little water slide. The pool bar was their favourite and spent most of their time in there. The ocean was fun too beach isn't too big just the right size for us!!

The bar tenders at the pool bar were always very friendly and recommended different drinks to try. Dining room staff took pleasure in making sure you had a drink with dinner.

We enjoyed the buffets and did not make any a la carte reservations. Breakfasts had amazing French toast and omelettes. dinner had a different theme every night with a ton of variety of hot and tasty food. The crepes were fantastic! We ate lunch at Los Arcos taco bar almost every day fantastic!!!

The resort is very clean and well maintained. We had a small problem when we checked in and it was taken care of quickly. We stayed in a family room in tower 2. We chose not to upgrade so our room was on the opposite end from the ocean but we still had a beautiful view and could hear the waves crashing on the beach in the mornings. The first bedroom had a slight musty odor but when the air conditioning was on and the door open it was fine having two bathrooms and two bedrooms was fantastic. Our room was thoroughly cleaned every day and fridge restocked with extra water and juice when we asked. If you want bathrobes ask right away

Vallarta adventures has some excursions that leave from the Barcelo. We missed out on the transportation from the resort because we waited too long to book, but took a cab into town to meet at the designated places.

The zoo is a short walk away (a hot one though). Mama Lucia for a tequila tour on the way too!!

We took the bus to Puerto Vallarta once and then taxis twice. We didn't mind that the resort was out if town we found it more relaxing and would definitely stay at the Barcelo again Our transportation was due to arrive at 1:00 pm and we were able to keep our bracelets until then

Many thanks to all the staff for making our stay enjoyable and relaxing.

Room Tip: Stay in tower two it is very quiet.
1  Thank Colsher

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 29th, 2014.

Our main goal is to give to our entire guest the service which we built our reputation and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have.

We thank you very much for your kind comments and also thank you for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home that make us feel very special and motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Everything was fabulous! The beach (cove) is stunning, the jungle surrounding the property is breath taking! The staff at Barcelo were superb! The friendliest I have seen! Usually greeted with "Amigo", already they are acknowledging we are friends and seem as if they enjoy being there as well.

I traveled with my two children (11 and 12) from Minnesota and my sister met us there from the west coast. We are 50ish.

We shared a family premium room and it was perfect for us. The balconies are huge and I don't think there is a bad room or view in the complex.

The guests were a mix of couples and families; all friendly, "well behaved" and all obviously there to just relax and have a great time.

It is very safe and with two active kids this meant a lot to me. We never worried about "our stuff" left on our lounge chairs as we went for a walk, in the pool, or to the restaurant to eat.

Food: Although there are 3 fancier restaurants that were an option, we never went. We were just too water logged and lazy after hours at the pool etc...all day. We ate the buffet for almost every meal and it is very good; many choices and some real stand outs like a stir fry wok area made individually for each guest, an omelette station at breakfast (super good!) and tons of pastries and breads. There is a good mix of chicken, beef and fish courses as well. Many drink choices or they will even get your something from the bar. We also had room service (available in the "premium" rooms). They got absolutely everything just right that we ordered and the quality was high.

Bars: There is an Cantina which is OK. The swim up pool bar was great and staff were adequate around the pool. We always a hand a drink in hand. They pour good drinks and it did not feel cheap like some all inclusives and nothing was watered down. Would be fun if they had a beach bar of some sort or something that looked out at the beautiful water for a more "spirited" bar experience.

Amenities: The kids loved the game room, the pool and my daughter played basketball. We did not need anything else.

Pool: The pool is THE most important element when we book a warm, ocean and/or sun centered vacation. This pool is glorious! Clean, perfect temp., many areas to explore or just lay on the steps entering the pool with Margarita in hand! The swim up bar is a blast. One evening my sister and I planned on getting "one more" drink at the swim bar and ended up staying 4 hours! You heard me right! We made new friends and laughed and laughed and just had the best time. No one cares what you look like or what body type you have; everyone was there to just enjoy the experience.

Suggested improvements: There were only 2 things that we did not like. There is no food served at the pool and who wants to put shorts on just to get a quesadilla? (you sun worshipers know what I am referring to!) ..you just want to stay in your zone. It would be great if they would serve even a very limited menu at the pool: chips, pico de gallo, guac and quesadillas would have been just fine...

The game room was a hit with my 11 and 12 years old. However, they would not let he kids check out the equipment (ping pong paddles, pool balls etc..) without an adult signing at the front desk. Major bummer since they ended up spending a lot of time there and I was up and down a lot just to sign out stuff. I would have preferred they allow my children sign the things in and out and I would have signed something saying I took responsibility if my kids didn't return something. They should let the parents decide if they want to take that "risk". It was a real pain, and unnecessary, I believe.

We stayed 3 nights before going to a private home..Next time, we vow to stay longer.

We absolutely loved Barcelo and can't wait to go back! I investigated many many resorts on the web before booking and I am so pleased I picked Barcelo. We stayed at a less nice resort a few times over the last years and there simply is no comparison. Everything at Barcello was truly included, even tipping. They have a few nice shops if you want to buy gifts etc... but I did not have to spend any extra money on sneaky things that often pop up at other all inclusives. Also, the entire property had a very "all is good vibe" and we did not feel there were too many rules or restrictions yet it still felt safe and that management must have had an eye on things. They are very friendly and kind but not intrusive.

I highly recommend this property and hope everyone can experience it! Book it! You won't be disappointed!

Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We booked the "Club Premium" room for a family. We will do that our next trip as well. Ver...
2  Thank lifegrand

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 28th, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home. I would like to thank you also for your kind sincerity about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Thank you again for your openness and we hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just came back from about a weeks stay at Barcelo.
I have to admit that this staff goes ABOVE AND BEYOND to help you. We were going because my brother and sister in law are having a baby and we wanted to surprise them. I emailed the resort ahead of time (and for a small fee to buy the materials) they received the best surprise ever!!
THANK YOU VANESSA for you awesome work!!! It was the best surprise ever!! They had balloons, toys, i mean the works!! and for my parents room they put a beautiful vase and flowers (also I paid to get the flowers, but it was very small compared to what they cost in US) and they had a beautiful arrangement.
Food in the buffet was ok, the breakfast was my favorite. I highly recommend the Premium. Rooms were beautiful and service top notch!
Thanks Barcelo!!

1  Thank nicageo

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 28th, 2014.

Our main goal is to give to all our guest the service which we build our reputation and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have, because we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.

Receive warm regards from Vanessa she was pleased to serve during your stay.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

No one wants to help when you have an issue. We were told upon check in no double beds on the resort and we had to upgrade to a suite for $250 american dollars and we were not impressed with the suite...only to find out the hotel does have the room we booked and that we didnt really get upgraded...we just got a family suite which we didnt really need. Every time we went to talk to someone they said they couldnt help us to come back when the guy who checked us in was working. Shows were not very good mondays show started at 9 was over at 9:50 no disco on property no night life lots of kids around in the bars all over the property I will not be staying here agian.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank BHoppin

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment posted on March 25th, 2014.

We appreciate the valuable time you are taking to share with us your comments. I take this opportunity to send you a sincere apology to not have met your expectations during your stay.

We regret your feelings about the service you received from Front Desk, assure you will be corrected immediately because your comments undoubtedly make us better every day and the standard that Barceló Hotels & Resorts offers are too high.

We do appreciate your comments again, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers and once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,