Barcelo Puerto Vallarta
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$82
$49
$338
$284
$241
$184
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$196
$396
$220
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$185
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$207
$154
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
4,905 results
All reviewsthe cantinala jollaclub premiumspanish restaurantdon quixotebug bitesgrand master suitesnack barpremium roomno see umsfamily suitefeed the animalsbaby tigerssand fleasspecialty restaurantsel edenbring bug spray
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Everything was fabulous! The beach (cove) is stunning, the jungle surrounding the property is breath taking! The staff at Barcelo were superb! The friendliest I have seen! Usually greeted with "Amigo", already they are acknowledging we are friends and seem as if they enjoy being there as well.

I traveled with my two children (11 and 12) from Minnesota and my sister met us there from the west coast. We are 50ish.

We shared a family premium room and it was perfect for us. The balconies are huge and I don't think there is a bad room or view in the complex.

The guests were a mix of couples and families; all friendly, "well behaved" and all obviously there to just relax and have a great time.

It is very safe and with two active kids this meant a lot to me. We never worried about "our stuff" left on our lounge chairs as we went for a walk, in the pool, or to the restaurant to eat.

Food: Although there are 3 fancier restaurants that were an option, we never went. We were just too water logged and lazy after hours at the pool etc...all day. We ate the buffet for almost every meal and it is very good; many choices and some real stand outs like a stir fry wok area made individually for each guest, an omelette station at breakfast (super good!) and tons of pastries and breads. There is a good mix of chicken, beef and fish courses as well. Many drink choices or they will even get your something from the bar. We also had room service (available in the "premium" rooms). They got absolutely everything just right that we ordered and the quality was high.

Bars: There is an Cantina which is OK. The swim up pool bar was great and staff were adequate around the pool. We always a hand a drink in hand. They pour good drinks and it did not feel cheap like some all inclusives and nothing was watered down. Would be fun if they had a beach bar of some sort or something that looked out at the beautiful water for a more "spirited" bar experience.

Amenities: The kids loved the game room, the pool and my daughter played basketball. We did not need anything else.

Pool: The pool is THE most important element when we book a warm, ocean and/or sun centered vacation. This pool is glorious! Clean, perfect temp., many areas to explore or just lay on the steps entering the pool with Margarita in hand! The swim up bar is a blast. One evening my sister and I planned on getting "one more" drink at the swim bar and ended up staying 4 hours! You heard me right! We made new friends and laughed and laughed and just had the best time. No one cares what you look like or what body type you have; everyone was there to just enjoy the experience.

Suggested improvements: There were only 2 things that we did not like. There is no food served at the pool and who wants to put shorts on just to get a quesadilla? (you sun worshipers know what I am referring to!) ..you just want to stay in your zone. It would be great if they would serve even a very limited menu at the pool: chips, pico de gallo, guac and quesadillas would have been just fine...

The game room was a hit with my 11 and 12 years old. However, they would not let he kids check out the equipment (ping pong paddles, pool balls etc..) without an adult signing at the front desk. Major bummer since they ended up spending a lot of time there and I was up and down a lot just to sign out stuff. I would have preferred they allow my children sign the things in and out and I would have signed something saying I took responsibility if my kids didn't return something. They should let the parents decide if they want to take that "risk". It was a real pain, and unnecessary, I believe.

We stayed 3 nights before going to a private home..Next time, we vow to stay longer.

We absolutely loved Barcelo and can't wait to go back! I investigated many many resorts on the web before booking and I am so pleased I picked Barcelo. We stayed at a less nice resort a few times over the last years and there simply is no comparison. Everything at Barcello was truly included, even tipping. They have a few nice shops if you want to buy gifts etc... but I did not have to spend any extra money on sneaky things that often pop up at other all inclusives. Also, the entire property had a very "all is good vibe" and we did not feel there were too many rules or restrictions yet it still felt safe and that management must have had an eye on things. They are very friendly and kind but not intrusive.

I highly recommend this property and hope everyone can experience it! Book it! You won't be disappointed!

Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We booked the "Club Premium" room for a family. We will do that our next trip as well. Very nice.
2  Thank lifegrand
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 28th, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home. I would like to thank you also for your kind sincerity about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Thank you again for your openness and we hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just came back from about a weeks stay at Barcelo.
I have to admit that this staff goes ABOVE AND BEYOND to help you. We were going because my brother and sister in law are having a baby and we wanted to surprise them. I emailed the resort ahead of time (and for a small fee to buy the materials) they received the best surprise ever!!
THANK YOU VANESSA for you awesome work!!! It was the best surprise ever!! They had balloons, toys, i mean the works!! and for my parents room they put a beautiful vase and flowers (also I paid to get the flowers, but it was very small compared to what they cost in US) and they had a beautiful arrangement.
Food in the buffet was ok, the breakfast was my favorite. I highly recommend the Premium. Rooms were beautiful and service top notch!
Thanks Barcelo!!

1  Thank nicageo

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 28th, 2014.

We thank you very much for your kind comments and also thank you for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Our main goal is to give to all our guest the service which we build our reputation and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have, because we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.

Receive warm regards from Vanessa she was pleased to serve during your stay.

We hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

No one wants to help when you have an issue. We were told upon check in no double beds on the resort and we had to upgrade to a suite for $250 american dollars and we were not impressed with the suite...only to find out the hotel does have the room we booked and that we didnt really get upgraded...we just got a family suite which we didnt really need. Every time we went to talk to someone they said they couldnt help us to come back when the guy who checked us in was working. Shows were not very good mondays show started at 9 was over at 9:50 no disco on property no night life lots of kids around in the bars all over the property I will not be staying here agian.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank BHoppin

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment posted on March 25th, 2014.

We appreciate the valuable time you are taking to share with us your comments. I take this opportunity to send you a sincere apology to not have met your expectations during your stay.

We regret your feelings about the service you received from Front Desk, assure you will be corrected immediately because your comments undoubtedly make us better every day and the standard that Barceló Hotels & Resorts offers are too high.

We do appreciate your comments again, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers and once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Before leaving on our vacation I read reviews and was concerned. After spending the week there I really believe if you cant be happy here its your problem!! Also remember happy people don't usually take time to write a review but chronic complainers will!

This is an excellent resort in a very beautiful setting. The food was excellent although it was hard to get into the a la cart restaurants. The staff ranged from wonderful to very good, they seemed happy and relaxed while working efficiently and went out of their way to please. My mom ordered something that wasn't on the menu in the snack shack and the server ordered individual items to our table and then made her the dish himself, it was outstanding. There appears to be supervisors around most of the time observing and interacting pleasantly with the staff.

Yes I did get bug bites but was the only one in my group but I also understand if you want to be in nature these things happen. If a few bug bites worry you stay in the city itself or bring a little bug spray.

The rooms were great and housekeeping staff also very good. The beach is a bit small but we had no problem swimming in the ocean and relaxing on beach chairs. The vendors are very well controlled which I appreciated. The hotel gave out surveys to each adult in my group on different days which show they are open to and looking for feedback. Kids had a wonderful time and were treated well by the staff as well.

To be balanced it is a little far from town and the marina so there is an extra cost if you are taking tours but you can take the bus to save money and if you want a quiet time away from town this is a great place to be.

5  Thank Colette B

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 22nd, 2014.

Thank you for your openness and we hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This fabulous resort lived up to our expectations, beautiful resort, friendly, helpful staff, great food, stunning locations with easy access to puerto Vallarta, and other lovely beaches and authentic villages. Vallarta Adventures offers great zip lining and other great adventures. Recommend horseback riding in the jungle from Pedro Lopez ( across street from resort) and city tour thru the hotel.. Awesome value (free)!! All in all I loved the resort and had an awesome vacation at this barcelo and highly recommend it

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 21st, 2014.

We thank you very much for your kind comments and also thank you for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers because we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.