5,277 results
All reviewsthe cantinala jollaclub premiumspanish restaurantdon quixotebug bitesgrand master suitesnack barpremium roomno see umsfamily suitefeed the animalsbaby tigerssand fleasspecialty restaurantsel edenbring bug spray
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went on vacation with a friend. This was my 7th time in PV and the first time I've stayed in the Mismaloya area or on a Barcelo property. The service and the food were excellent! Everyone super friendly and helpful, hotel very clean. We only ate at the buffet for breakfast and lunch, which had lots of options and was better than I expected but we ate at all 3 a la carte restaurants for dinner and they were pretty great. We added the premium concierge option and it was worth it. The 'premium lounge' for this is on the main floor rather than on the floor of our room, but it worked out fine. Nice to have the amenities. View was great from our room and room was quite large with 2 separate sitting areas. The only negative thing I can say about our entire week there was that the organized pool games were LOUD. Microphone with blaring upbeat music and then games all afternoon that get a bit annoying if you're trying to relax. I get what they're trying to do, but it's too bad the noisy pool area is connected to the waterfall pool area and that the pool bar is on the noisy side. Seems very spring break friendly although they say 'no spring breakers'. The pool with the waterfall helped to drown out some of the noise. We'd have hung at the beach more but the water was too high so there really wasn't a 'beach' area to lay out in. I've walked through this property a couple years ago and the beach was much larger so it must just be the amount of rainfall this year? Still very pretty to look at and awesome to hear the crashing waves even from our room with the sliding doors closed. Overall, fantastic and relaxing stay. The Spa was very nice as well- we got massages outside overlooking the ocean. Their treatments were very reasonably priced and I wish I'd have gotten a few more things while I was there. The bus stop is right outside the property so it was super convenient to ride right into old town for less than a buck. The property is about a 15-20min bus or cab ride from old town. Cab costs about $14-15 to downtown.

Room Tip: Go for the premium level rooms.. they're spacious and the view is great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank JodyZ35805
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 12th, 2014.

We thank you very much for your kind comments and also thank you for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Your feelings about the music at the pool that you mentioned will be corrected immediately because your comments undoubtedly make us better every day as the standard that Barceló Hotels & Resorts offers are too high.

Our main goal is to give to all our guest the service and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have, because we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.

We hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very disappointed in this Barceló. Complained to the front desk several times. It went in one ear and out the other. The basics were hard to get. coffee, washcloths TP. Clocks were broke. water etc... Seemed like the front desk was just giving us lip service. We were there for two weeks and that is a lot of money for the poor service we received. 2 out of 3 of us got very sick with same sickness. This is the 4th Barceló we have visited and it was sad. We did not receive the service or quality that we have in the past at other Barceló's. After our 3rd visit to the front desk we gave up. Food was lacking in variety and taste. The grounds were beautiful but the rest was less than satisfactory. I do not want a response to this review as we already have heard the robotic response that I have observed and heard several times in the last 2 weeks. That does not give us any satisfactory given our money and vacation time for an entire year. After this less than relaxing and expensive vacation we will not be returning to your Hotel.

Room Tip: Pictures are not the same as the actual rooms
8  Thank Tami J

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment posted on March 11th, 2014.

We appreciate the valuable time you are taking to share with us your comments. I take this opportunity to send you a sincere apology to not have met your expectations during your stay.

We regret your feelings about the service you received and also about the answers we give to our customers that make time to write about their experiences like you, we don’t want you to think we do this without any emotion or care, because we do care about your feelings and the expectations you have from us, I assure you that this will be corrected immediately because your comments undoubtedly make us better every day.

It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy all the services we have for you.

We trust to have you here again and give us the opportunity to show the true service of Barceló Puerto Vallarta with which we are building our reputation and once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a wonderful stay this year! This Barceló is the smallest one that we have stayed at, but we kind of enjoyed that. You didn't have to walk a mile to get to your room and we weren't constantly loosing people in our party. They still had everything that you needed or wanted. We all thought that this Barceló had the best food out of the 3 that we have stayed at. They did a great job changing up the buffet everyday so it wasn't the same, and the desserts were actually very good! (usually they look good, but all taste the same) We really enjoyed eating at the snack hut for lunch. The shows that we caught were very good. Some nights the bar was a little loud, but you're on vacation, so lighten up! Service was always great, and staff treated us wonderful! We were on the 8th floor, premium level, and would recommend always being premium. Check in is always so easy, top shelf liquor and our rooms are always wonderful! There are only a couple vendors on the beach, but they were always respectful and didn't bother you too much. Cabs were a lot of money to drive into downtown, we tried to take the bus when we could, but loved being away from all the craziness of downtown, so it was worth it!
We really loved walking across the street to the town of Mismaloya and eating at Tony's and El Patio. Tony's has excellent food, a little spendy, and El Patio had great food and Jorge was such a great host! He told us stories and played us a song on his guitar. Highly recommend both places.
We visited the zoo, and fed the animals. It was kind of sad, but I think that they do their best to keep the animals happy. Walking downtown is always a must, and always a great time. We also visited the hidden beach. I think next time we would just hire a local fisherman to bring us around and not pay the huge tour fees. All in all, we love Puerto Vallarta!

Room Tip: we were room 2818. Our bed was like heaven! Kids enjoyed having their own bedroom and bathroom.
3  Thank jjjtward

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on February 25th, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home. I would like to thank you also for your kind review about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Our main goal is to give to all our guest an ultimate service and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have, because we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.

Thank you for your openness and we hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed between Feb 28th-Mar 7th 2014. We were in a family room - my husband and I had our own bedroom with a king sized bed and my mother in law was in her own separate bedroom with a king sized bed as well. The rooms were nice and great views. The TV in the second bedroom (2415) was old and did not work properly, but didn't go to Mexico to watch TV so it was no problem for us. The staff were extremely friendly. Always greeted with smiles and they worked hard to ensure that all of your needs were met. The drinks were great. Food was great. The specialty restaurants were VERY good...and the buffet had a huge selection that allowed everyone to find something they like. The snack bar had great hand rolled tortillas and fresh chips and guacamole that I ate almost everyday because they were that good. The beach was nice. Waves were a bit rough and the sand was pebbly, but still nice. The tide was high for a couple of days we were there so the beach chairs were not put out, but the pools made up for that. This hotel has the most beautiful pools, with wonderful waterfalls and greenery around them. We walked to the zoo from the hotel and it was an experience of a lifetime to be able to get so close to the animals and feed them out of your hands. We also went on a fishing and snorkelling trip with the 'Happy Fish' Fishing charter that was booked right from the hotel beach. The gentleman on the Happy Fish, Efreen (sorry, probably spelt wrong), was very professional and ensure that everyone was safe and having fun. We also took the local bus into downtown PV and walked the boardwalk, which was very enjoyable and felt safe the entire time. Overall great hotel, fabulous staff and wonderful memories.

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 11th, 2014.

I would like to thank you for your kind sincerity about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

The details about the room you mentioned will be corrected immediately because your comments undoubtedly make us better every day as the standard that Barceló Hotels & Resorts offers are too high.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your host to pamper you during your holidays; thank you for your openness and we hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Barceló is a very nice hotel! The rooms are wonderful....really modern and everything to offer in them. We had a premium room (7th floor) View of pool & ocean mountains was stunning!
It is clean, well taken care of and the staff were very friendly (most of the time!)
Our group of 8 (family & friends) went from Feb 22-March 1, 2014
For my son's 6th birthday we went to the zoo which is across street and up through the little village, he loved it there (we go to this zoo every time we go to PV)
We also went to senor frogs & had a blast!!! Our cab driver took us and stayed with us and that was by far the best night we had! Awesome atmosphere & food was fabulous!! So were the drinks!!
However I have been going to PV for 18 years now & this was my first time staying this far out( of PV) ...so know that if you want to go into town it is $25-60 one way (depending on how many of us went to town we had a total of 16 people) The food was good at first but after day 4 it was bland to us...
My kids ages 6-11-14-16 loved the pool, ocean (beach was really nice), fruity drinks etc...the pool/restaurant staff were really nice too!
My oldest scuba dived (day & night) and really enjoyed that!
I always stay down town in the south hotel zone and every a.m we would walk to melecon/board walk/little shops etc. so unfortunately I would not stay at the Barceló again (our family booked this hotel & we then booked it)
It is beautiful but too far out for our family's liking.

Room Tip: Rooms 7-9 th floor are the best premium!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer W
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 10th, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home. I would like to thank you also for your kind sincerity about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Your openness is much appreciated and we hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.