5,275 results
All reviewsthe cantinala jollaclub premiumspanish restaurantdon quixotebug bitesgrand master suitesnack barpremium roomno see umsfamily suitefeed the animalsbaby tigerssand fleasspecialty restaurantsel edenbring bug spray
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We would definitely recommend this resort for both families and couples! It is very private area and smaller beach but offers everything you need. Suite rooms and family rooms were huge, clean and had large decks. We stayed in the 2nd Tower on the 3rd and 4th floors. View was great, used the stairs often as the elevator was either busy or out of order. Always check out your rooms before hauling your luggage there. We were originally assigned rooms that were dark with no view but they did change us to better ones so that all 3 families were in the same area. Worth the extra time at check-in to make sure you end up with a good room. Restaurants: buffet/pool snack bar/specialty restaurants were all excellent and provided good selection. We enjoyed the food and were thrilled they offered premium alcohol. We were also impressed with their wine. Usually we have found Mexican wine not so enjoyable but it was better than the duty free we brought from Canada. If you do like rye, then take some from duty free as they don't have "made in Canada" rye there. Note that the speciality restaurants required long pants for men and they are adamant about that rule. Pools were large, warm and great deck area. If you're looking for some local fun, head to the beach, go across the stream and search for Sergio. He owns a boat and can take you on the BEST snorkeling trip to Los Arcos (just a few minutes away)! He is very qualified, provides all the equipment and even goes in the water with you to guide and explain the fish, etc. (approx. $25pp) He can also recommend a place to go for a wonderful massage on the beach (same price) We were worried from other reports about the no-see-um issue but we didn't receive any bites. Hotel is about 30 min out of PRV which worked for us . If you want to venture to downtown you can cab ($15US) or bus (8 pesos). We found the hotel staff very friendly overall . We tipped everyday, including the maids and the food servers (even at the buffet and pool bar service) and it was worth it. Great family holiday and we can hardly wait to do again!

Room Tip: rooms in 2nd Tower are quieter and get afternoon/evening sun on the deck elevators sometimes slow or out of order so mid level is more convenient if you have to use stairs
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Don S
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 8th, 2014.

We thank you very much for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home. I would like to thank you also for your kind sincerity about your experience with us, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Your openness is much appreciated and we hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The Barcelo brothers mix a number of different themes into this resort. Young families with young children,even babies, looked relaxed. There are those who want to party,and along with the local Mexican guests have a good time at the Cantina/Bar. Those who want to veg have many places to sit or lay around the pool. Lots of room. The beach is a short run,not for those looking to walk for miles.However this Resort is nestled against the mountains and tight to the beach.If you are in Building 1 room 1507 as we were, the morning sun rises over the mountain,shines a warm glow over the gently swaying palm trees in front of you,to the sound of the surf crashing at the beach.So relaxing! The Resort is across the road from a small town/Tequila factory and next to a working village with some good beach restaurants.Snorkeling is off the beach to the left hand side.The city bus passes by every 15 min or so.Easy run into town.Staff works hard and is a friendly bunch .Patricia the morning breakfast hostess,always greets you with a smile.The on site store jewelry vendor will even do custom work for you. Ask for Ariel. Great trip.We will be back.

Room Tip: Building 1 has the cantina/bar, Building 2 seemed quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KimFredKemptville
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 8th, 2014.

Our main goal is to give to all our guest the service and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have, because we work with feelings, sensations, experiences for you to have good memories of your trip to México and specialty of Barceló.

Receive warm regards from Patricia who is very happy too for make every single morning special for you at breakfast.

Thank you for your nice review and we hope you give us soon the pleasure of visit us again and be your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Best place I've been so far! Love the views, mountains, water, beach, etc! Barcelo could improve on the buffet as far as the food goes but the A La Cartes were rally good, no complaints there. The snack bar at beach, great! One other thing, most of the staff were quite friendly but their were a few that weren't! They need to do a bit more training to teach most of their staff, especially the bosses in suits to have a smile on their face and to always say hola when people walk by as they always do that at other resorts that I've been to. Wish I new all the names but the guy who teachs scuba diving, just a young dude, extremely friendly and helpful, always smiling! great kid!!! Aleiandro Ventura at front desk, extremely helpful and friendly. Very helpful. he's more friendly then some other the other guys at front desk, the most helpful! The ladies were pretty good but he was by far the best! PROMOTE him!!!! The one guy that does the pizza got the edges just a tad golden which was perfect! Friendly as well. I pointed him out to the one guy in a suit which was actually the only guy in a suit that WAS extremely friendly. he had a smile on his face, wish I new his name. Slimmer and not the tallest guy but smiley! The towel guy was friendly and very helpful. All the waiters and waitresses extremely friendly. I found the bosses hovered over the workers a little too much. They're doing a great job, give them a little space! The beer and wine was amazing, best I've had at a resort so far. The rooms were amazing, great view of the ocean! I really don't know why anyone would give this resort a 3 star! The place was extremely well organized I must add and everyone is doing a great job! One more thing they should try to improve is when people check in and check out, that's wayy to slow, they need shorter wait time. Really not much to complain about, I was extremely happy and had a great time! The maid kept my room clean and the guy that filld the fridge kept it full of beer! Thank you for a great time!!! They are a 5 star resort! I loved it and will go back as soon as I can!

Room Tip: Our room was amazing, I don't know what people complain about!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charlie5kids

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 7th, 2014.

We thank you very much for your kind comments and also thank you for choosing Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

Our main goal is to give to our entire guest the service which we built our reputation and return home with the desire to visit us again and recommend us to their friends and family, this is the best promotion and marketing program that we can have.

Your feelings about the Check in and Check out you receive will be corrected immediately because your comments undoubtedly make us better every day and the standard that Barceló Hotels & Resorts offers are too high.

We hope you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our flight was 10hrs late in leaving BC. On arrival we were told that as we were a "No Show" they had given up our room. Had booked a family suite for 3 of us and they sent us to a room with 2 double beds in one room. I had asked the Air Transat staff at the airport if we were responsible in contacting the hotel about the delay and they said "No, the hotel would be notified.We arrived around 4:30 -- 5:00am and finally received the correct accommodation around 4;00pm. This wasted one complete day as we had to hang around for the switch over. Is this your practice to just let a room go ??? Considering the majority of your clients are charter flights I find that unbelievable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank elise v

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your email sent on March 7th, 2014. I would like to take this opportunity to send you a sincere apology for the non-intentional incidents that you experienced during your stay in our Hotel.

In regards what are you mention about us given up on your room, let me clarify that we will never give up any room; we have had a meeting with all the external agency’s that book with us to improve the communication between the people from reservations and their staff about the delay in flights or any other inconvenience this is to give you a better service when such situations come to present and avoid this situations again.

We regret that you have had to go through such and unfortunate situation.

We appreciate your comments, because this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers; I hope you can give us a second opportunity to show you the true service Barceló Puerto Vallarta offers.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I joined 11 other family members there, I loved it. We all had a great time. The beach was small but quite quiet, most people were at the pool. It is quite far from PV but cheap to take a bus if you wanted to go to town. I wouldn't recommend it for young people looking to party but if you want to spend a quiet relaxing time with your family the place was perfect. They had some entertainment in the evenings, and a live band most nights in the bar. For us little older crowd it was just enough. Our rooms were real big, and very clean. The pools were large and there was always something going on. The service was great bringing you drinks, and the drinks were good, served in large glasses. I am planning on returning there again some day soon.

Room Tip: Rooms over the bar are noisy until after 12:30am.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed S
PachecoR, Gerente at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

I acknowledge receipt your comment post on March 4th, 2014.

We thank you very much for your kind comments and also thank you for choosing and trust Barceló Puerto Vallarta as your home far away from home, this motivate us to continue improving to leave a positive mark on each and every one of our customers.

We are more than ready to welcome you hoping you give us the pleasure of choosing us as your host to offer new and amazing experiences again.