My boyfriend and I stayed at this resort last January from the 19-26. We are from Toronto, Ontario. We stayed in the Grand Master Suite on the tower closes to the village. Upon arrival at the airport, we were not on any lists for transportation to the hotel which was worrysome to say the least. We did book last minute, however, it shouldnt have been an issue. We were given a free taxi to the resort on behalf of the staff organizing the shuttles to the resorts. We will be returning this January (17-24) and will definitely just take a cab and did not try to book any shuttle to the resort. When we got to the hotel we were the only ones so there was no line and check in was a breeze. We were helped with our luggage to the room which was on the 6th floor. The room was amazing. It is huge! The balcony wraps around the corner and has a massage table and dining table along with two lounge chairs. You can order in-room massages. One of my favorite things was that there was free room service 24 hours in club premium which was awesome for getting snacks at night or breakfast in bed. We always tipped and we received great service. We like it so much that we decided to return to this resort (Which is something I have never done). We are staying in the same room. We did many of the excursions including the pirate ship, marietas island, las caletas and rhythm of the night. All shows were amazing and we got a dvd to take home to show family/friends.
I would definitely suggest staying at this hotel in the grand master suite! For a trip under $3000 and in a room which is top of the line, what more could you want?
Some of the bad reviews are outrageous. People need to realize that we are not in North America/America and that a “5” star resort in Mexico is not comparable to a “5” star resort in Canada. The food was great, we always had choices. The buffet had smaller dishes instead of those huge tray things which I found nicer. The food didn’t seem to be cooked for 500 people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelPower, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya