Barcelo Puerto Vallarta
$279
$356
$273
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$286
$231
$196
Bookit.com
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$140
  • Pool
$156
$81
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$161
4,960 results
All reviewsthe cantinala jollaclub premiumspanish restaurantdon quixotebug bitesgrand master suitesnack barpremium roomno see umsfamily suitefeed the animalsbaby tigerssand fleasspecialty restaurantsel edenbring bug spray
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have just returned from 10 wonderful days at the Barcelo. We booked on Barcelo.com, the price would be comparable to a vacation package but you have more flexibility with dates. Unkown to us until we arrived; this had extra perks- free wireless internet, unlimited dinner reservations, which you could make before arrival (we did know about this one), discounts on tours, spa and convenience stores. We had a king room on the 8th floor, which we did not pay extra for. It was huge (I think all the rooms are), very comfortable and we loved our view of the pool, ocean and jungle.
The resort is spotless, the cleaning staff are working constantly, the grounds beautiful, the pools clean (we saw the water being checked a few times/day), staff very friendly and attentive.
The breakfast buffet was great, the coffee could be a bit better but the fresh orange juice made up for that. We always at lunch at the snack bar. Here you could order from the menu or have the tacos or pizzas they were making. All very good. The dinner buffet had a good selection but it is a buffet and we didn't expect more. Staff were busy and somewhat inefficient, but we were never in a rush. There are three other restaurants but only one is open each evening. The Capri was our favourite. Sevice in the restaurant was excellent. We never had any illness but made a point of using hand sanitizer after touching all the serving tongs at the buffet. If there is an issue of transmitting germs we think it is from other guests more than from staff.
We feel this resort has incredible value! Where in Canada could you stay at a resort for this nightly rate not even considering all the food, drink, entertainment and services.
One of the reasons we chose to stay here was to be away from Puerto Vallarta; the area is beautiful; and it is so nice to not be looking at another hotel. As others have said it is very easy to take the bus everywhere. We did have bites (no-see-ums?), not at the resort so much as at the botanical gardens, Yelepa and the hills around Mismaloya.
Loved this place! Have never stayed at a 5 star, but this certainly does not have a 5 star price.
Our only complaint would be the noise from the TV in the adjacent room, still going at 2 am from not very considerate guests.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the higher floors but they all have views
6  Thank tarraa
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The first impression of this resort was how immaculately clean everything was. The Junior Suite with a ocean view was one of the best we have stayed in Mexico. We needed a week to unwind from life and that is what we got. Meals were great, lots of choices of food in buffet, and restaurants. The minibar was stocked regularily, housekeepers did fantastic job. The bed was super comfy. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is that the evening entertainment could have been a bit better some nights. The front desk did not tell us to book a la carte restaurants asap. But the service was great, all the staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask about a la carte reservation as soon as you arrive. We had to wait 3 days to get the dinner we wanted
3  Thank bonde50
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a great trip, well at least the first 5 days of our trip – more details below. It was my husband and young son at the Barcelo PV for a week early January.

Pro’s:
-friendly front desk staff
-friendly buffet staff and cooks
-friendly drink servers around the pool
-friendly servers at the snack bar near the pool
-friendly housekeepers on our floor
-nice, clean, bright hotel rooms
-nice, plush towels in our bathroom
-lovely property
-room efficiently cleaned daily (although she always left our patio door open 6 inches when she finished cleaning the room even though we always left our room with the door closed)
-awesome and friendly people who chose to stay at this hotel; so much fun meeting people around the pool daily
-nice pool areas and lots of umbrellas if you need the shade (cloudy many days during our stay)
-nice variety of food at the buffets, including a nice salad bar
-staff very appropriate and friendly when interacting with our son
-awesome selection of fresh juices at the breakfast buffet daily

Con’s
-desserts at the buffets not that interesting or tasteful
-very loud entertainment at the swim up bar pool, and the way the pools are set up even if you are at the other pool, you have to listen to that noise and entertainment during the day
-loud music coming from The Cantina in the evenings … if you are staying in Tower 1 you will hear this every evening, regardless if the person at the front desk assures you at check in that he gave you a quiet room
-beach very hard sand to walk on
-seriously loud private party hosted at the hotel out at the pool area on the Tuesday night we were there … we could feel the music base thumping in the room and did not appreciate that the hotel did not warn the guests we would have to put up with noise during our stay due to where they decided to host a function. My son is almost 2 years old and cried he was so tired and could not fall asleep due to the noise.
-up until Wednesday of our trip, we would have highly recommended returning to this hotel for another vacation, but as of the Thursday of our trip, I became extremely ill with what ended up being food poisoning and when we returned home a few days later I ended up in Emergency for treatment as I was still extremely ill and unable to keep foods/fluids down. The doctor told me it was food poisoning. I hope the hotel doesn’t try to defend this as drinking too much as I did not have any alcoholic beverages during our entire stay, and have been to Mexico almost 20 times and never been ill before.

Due to my food poisening issue, I am only giving this resort a 3 ranking.

Room Tip: Tower 1 can be very noisy at night due to music from The Catina
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cystal W
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just completed our one week vacation at Barcelo PV. The hotel is beautiful, food is good, and staff are very friendly. In the middle of the vacation, the battery of my camera died (which shouldn't have as I only took a few hundred photos on this DSLR that's usually very power efficient). The idiot I am, I forgot to bring a charger. I walked out of the room with my wife yelling at me, frustrated and desperate. With the model about 3 years old, the chance of borrowing a charger from a fellow tourist was pretty slim. So I figured why not try the friendly staff as a last resort? I went straight to the front desk, sheepishly asked if by any chance he could find a charger for me. Now I have to say the regular front desk staff are sometimes less useful, and probably would have said no, but I think this was a supervisor I was talking to, and he referred me to Odette, the lovely lady who works in the lobby. After a phone call to the house keeping, she went back to see if she can find any charger that's left behind by guests. It took her all of 10 minutes to get the only Canon charger available, and it's the exact model I was looking for!!! That's how good luck and the very friendly staff going above and beyond saved my trip. Thank you Odette!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Henry Q
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Barcelo Puerto Vallarta was an amazing vacation. I stayed here with my girlfriend for a week (all inclusive). This is the second time staying at a Barcelo (first one was in Los Cabos) and definitely did not disappoint again. The food was great at the buffet and the 3 resteraunts. We had the pleasure of being served by Rodrigo in the spanish and grill resteraunts and he provides EXCEPTIONAL service! As well, Alejandro at the front desk was also super friendly, funny, and provided amazing service! All of the staff here provide great service to ensure you have a relaxing and memorable vacation!

We stayed in a basic room and it definitely exceeded our expectations. The room was large (bigger than the Los Cabos Barcelo), was always clean and stocked with snacks & refreshments. The Balcony was nice and if tvs were good with many channels.

I cannot say enough good things about this place, but would highly recommend it for everyone.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise
1  Thank Sherif H