We went in October for our wedding with 30 of our family and friends. One of the best parts was the fact that it was October and the resort was fairly quiet. If you're young and want a party 24/7 with a discotheque, this might not be the best place for you.
Rooms are clean - my husband and I were upgraded to the biggest, best room they had and it was AMAZING. If you can afford it, do it! Maids cleaned very well, stocked the fridge, no bugs (except the odd cute gecko climbing the wall one night).
Staff is VERY nice and accomodating - drinks and appetizers poolside all day long. Never complained, and tipped them very well.
Kids Area - isn't the biggest or best you'll find, but it's good for young ones. They even have a little waterslide going into the kiddie pool.
Pools - One volleyball pool, 2 biggers pools that wrap around (lazy river like). NEVER had to fight for a chair - maybe because it wasn't busy in October, but there were more than enough chairs everywhere, anytime of day.
Beach - Short distance from hotel barricade to the beach, so most of the time we sat at the pool - more sun! The beach view is awesome though, and the one side has many massage parlors for cheap that are AMAZING. Everyone in our group went for one almost everyday!
Food - Never had to complain about the food. (Except the one night I accidentally took some tongue - on Mexican night - but that was my own fault). The best food we had was probably at our wedding reception, but all the restaurants were great. The buffet was good too.
Attractions - Take the boat to Las Caletas. Beautiful Beach, and lots to do! Some of our party went quadding in the jungle and said it was great. Sunset Sailing tour was nice (if you don't get sea sick). Downtown PV is one of my favourite places - so my only complaint is that it was a little far from the resort and the road was so windy, sometimes we'd get a little car sick on the way there.
I've been to many places, and I'd definitely keep going back to PV. And Barcelo is a great hotel chain almost anywhere you go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya