We stayed in a junior suite with our 3 kids. The hotel desk staff wonderful. The transfers to and from the airport also were first class. We were supposed to have a king bed and a double Instead we got a free upgrade to a king, Queen and a cot in a 2 room suite! the in room fridge was stalked daily! There were no sign of bed bugs, bad food, sickness or any of the nasty stuff we had read on this site before we left Canada. The beach was small but large enough to relax. The pools were nice but there really wasn't enough chairs for the number of guests in thd hotel. Done ignorant guests would lay their towels out the night prior to ensure the best spots each morning. That was very frustrating and not fair! The buffet was simply awesome. Thd menu could be anything from western to Japanese to Italian. The kids were 7 10 and 13- there was something for everyone! We did dinner in one of the a la carte and none of us cared for it. Far too fancy and slow to make kids sit through. For us though having no set time and being able to show up at a time that we chose at the buffet worked for our family. If you are looking for a night life you may better look elsewhere as this lacked variety. We were there 12 days and we saw the repeat dancers nigt after might- just doing a different dance. That got old fast. Walking to Mismaloya is just 10 minutes. The zoo is also about 15 min walk through Mismaloya. The bus to town was about 3.50 and it went straight to town. VERY safe. We went in a few times then for about $15. US a can took all 5 of us back! Worth it cause getting a bus in was easy cause it only went one way. Even finding a bus to stop to take us back was impossible. For the sake if less frustration we would take the bus in and a cab back. Any questions just ask! Ljarratt@telus.net
We probably won't return but that would only bd because there are so many other new places to try that do have a bit more good variety and more nightlife. The hotel was a good 20 minute bus ride into town just to let u know. Grabbing a cab from the hotel to the zip line would have been less than half if what the tour guides fees were! If we had know it was only 5 min down the road we would have done it ourselves!!! Oh and there is no physical possible way that food in the buffet could come into contact with sunlight or spoil food! I cant see why that was ever written by another person. The total buffet is covered and the sun can't even get near it. We had 9 in our party in total and we were all different sizes and ages- none of us got sick. None got bites, sores or rashes either. So if you are looking for a nice quiet holiday with minimal nightlife then this is your place- the pillows were fine as well. Yes, the roosters do start in the morning as posted but we asked to be in tower 1 where they are not so loud- what do u expect though it's Mexico! Get up early and enjoy it. Have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya