We stayed at Barcelo 6/3-6/8 and had an amazing time! I went for my sister in-laws wedding at the hotel. We were there with a group of about 13 people. It was my wife, 14 month old daughter and I. It was a great setting for the wedding and the staff was awesome. I will break up the review in to categories.
We were immediately impressed upon arrival of all the beautiful palm trees and flowers that covered the entire hotel grounds. The general area of PV was in a dry season and looked a little dry, but the hotel showed no signs of that. The hotel was very well maintained and was very clean at all times.
I prefer to hang out by the pool more than the beach, and this pool is great! There is a main pool with a waterfall and swim up bar, a side pool with waterfall, kiddy pool with a slide next to it and a rec pool for volleyball. Most people wake up and claim a poolside spot. We went to breakfast by 9:30 and always found a spot we were happy with. I hate to say anything bad about Barcelo because we had such a great stay, but if you are looking for a place with a big amazing beach, this may not be the place. Personally, it had everything I needed in a beach. The waves are crashing right behind the hotel creating a great ambiance and the view of the water is great. The sand is really more like an accumulation of a bunch of tiny pebbles. The more you get into the water, the bigger the rocks get. The water drops off within a few feet so it's probably not too safe for kids. The vendors on the beach are what you would expect, but if you say no, they don't harass you.
I was a little skeptical of an all inclusive hotel because of mixed reviews of other places. This was my first time at one, and I have to say it was well worth it. Breakfast has pretty much a full variety of food with an omelette bar, fruit, pastries etc. For lunch, you can eat in the same buffet with a wide variety or go to the snack bar that has great tacos al pastor and a menu with several choices. We had the rehearsal dinner at Don Quixote restaurant. Good food and a nice setting with someone playing piano inside. We also ate at the Italian restaurant one night. It was average Italian food. When the food was lacking, the service and ambiance made up for it. The drinks were always good and there was always someone close by asking you if you were ready for another.
We went to the cantina on most nights which is really the only option. They do have some live performances but we didn't go to any. There is no club or anything like that. The pool closes at 10. So if your looking for somewhere to party the night away, this place pretty much closes down by 1. I was totally content with that being as we were drinking all day anyway.
We also went downtown one day to shop in the market and walk down the shoreline. I felt totally safe with it and felt fine walking around with my baby. Don't buy in to all the hype about it being dangerous. Maybe it is in other places, but not here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Barcelo, Despegar.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya