TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
4,158 results
All reviews casa magna las casitas champions sports bar victor aguilar marina area breakfast buffet swim up bar ocean view chief concierge ceviche close to the airport great pool minutes from the airport great property japanese restaurant cab ride welcome home
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I went to Champions Sports Bar yesterday and loved it. The place is clean, air conditioned, and the TV and football games were wonderful. We were especially happy with the service we received from our waiter, Hector. He was kind and took care of our every need. He is a great waiter at a great restaurant.

Date of stay: September 2019
David G, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear D B,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it. I'm glad to know that your time in Champions was excellent and to see that Hector delivered you the best of the attentions, he will be thrilled to know about your compliments. We hope to welcome you once again and give you more great moments with us. Looking forward to seeing you!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and my experience at this property has been nothing less than STELLAR! Everyone on staff is friendly, professional and most helpful. Upon arriving for our sixth time, the bellman said to us as I got out of the taxi, "Welcome Home" - that may seem trite, but I am telling you, that's exactly how we felt. I'd like to also acknowledge a few stand-out staff members, I apologize up front because a few I don't have their last names, but when you meet them, you'll realize you've run into the right person. One of the greeters: Ernesto, amazing guy and a brilliant artist. At the bar: (they float so they could be at any restaurant) Jesus Perez at Mikado, Sushi here, particularly the caterpillar roll is to die for. Audrey same restaurant she's the manager, is delightful and incredibly friendly and kind. Other bartenders: Victor, Raul and Miguel. If you go to the gym, see Gonzalo, he helps us every morning getting set up for tennis. The restaurant and bar Las Casita's and the pool bar has an array of funny characters that we love to sit with. Our favorite waiter in the AM Carlos, others include: Jorge, Raul, Francisco, Edgar. If your predisposed to hang at the pool like us and chill definitely look up this cast of exceptionally talented staff: Raul (La Nina); Raul (Chooky), Ernesto (Woody), Victor and Marcos. And the ringmaster of this band of exceptional talent is none-other than Warren Cridland. Warren is amazing, an ex-pat from Canada who is a wealth of information and one of the nicest human beings we have ever met...he's funny too! The reality folks is you can't, WON'T, go wrong staying here. We make our trip to PV every year and ALWAYS, without hesitation, stay at the Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, where we ALWAYS feel like we're at home. We already have our plans set to be there again in February of 2020 toward the end of the month...hope to see you there!

Room tip: the bulk of the rooms face the ocean, just book if interested a pool/ocean view - you won't go wrong.

Dear CliffQuicksell,

Thank you so much for sharing such amazing experience! It's wonderful to see that your stay was such an adventure and full of great moments. Also is great to know all the incredible people you meet ane the unforgettable moments you have with them. I appreciate the time you take in visiting our restaurants since each of our spaces has different amenities to offer. it was a joy to have you at home and thank you for choosing Marriott as your home, we'll be looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Came here with my Mom and my Sister for a girl's trip. My Sister had been there twice before but it was the first time for my Mom and me. From the minute we arrived we were treated like royalty. Everyone was amazing and kind and willing to do whatever they could to help us out and to get us settled in. The rooms are beautiful, very spacious, clean and comfortable. We had an ocean view room with a balcony, two double beds, a huge bathroom with double sinks, a rainfall showerhead and ample space. They have the most amazing staff. Everyone is so kind and helpful and generous. You leave there feeling like you have new family. They ask you things about your life and your family and they remember them and ask about it days later, they remember the drinks you like and the food you order and what special things you add or change with your order. This to me is extremely impressive when you think about how many people are there at one time and how many people rotate through on a weekly basis. They go above and beyond and I plan on going back again and again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
David G, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Dear Michelle B,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we really appreciate it. I'm so happy to know that your girl's trip went amazing! Is always a joy to deliver the best to our guests and I'm happy to see that everybody made you feel like family. We'll be looking to welcome you home very soon and pamper you again.

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Marriott in Puerto Vallarta this past week to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary. Boy, were we treated like the most special guests! The staff, especially Ernesto, were super friendly, accommodating and always made sure we were having a good time. They even remembered our names and greeted us like we were old friends each time we saw them! They paid attention to our booking as anyone of the staff we interacted with, even at the coffee shop, wished us a happy anniversary! The grounds themselves are just beautiful, it was exciting to come down everyday and look out onto the gorgeous landscape. Our room was the King Ocean View Room and it was roomy, modern, cleaned superbly daily and we enjoyed the balcony every morning over a cup of coffee and later during daily sunsets. It was also very quiet and we slept like rocks. My husband and I also used the gym and it had all the equipment we needed to stay fit during our travels. I happened to visit the spa to have my hair blown out and Kilka took great care of me there as well. We enjoyed the delicious and plentiful breakfast buffet on two occasions. Sandra and Gorge took great care of us, always smiling and complimenting us, making sure we had everything we needed. We dined in all of the restaurants too, all having a great selection of fresh foods and meals for us to enjoy, our favorite being the poolside snacks from La Casita. On our actual anniversary, we rented a poolside cabana through Silvestri who was super friendly and it was all decked out in decorations, including a banner, flower petals, animal shaped towels and balloons! We were treated with complimentary champagne, a dessert, and two Mai Tais as well. We returned to our room to find a banner across our door, more animal shaped towels, flower petals, a bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. We were extremely touched that they went to such lengths to make our day so special! We used Uber to get around to excursions and outings to the main town, which is about a 25 minute drive away and the Neptune Marina was only a short .5 miles from the hotel and offered a yoga stood where we took a class and more restaurants and shopping. On our way out my husband participated in the tequila tasting and Raul and Carlos at the Ceviche and Tequila bar took good care of us and brought us some yummy guacamole!
I can’t say enough great things about this hotel, other than we were extremely sad to leave and will 100% be back for future vacations!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kmichonski
David G, General Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

Dear kmichonski,

Wow! Indeed what an amazing experience you both have. We love to see these kinds of experience since we know the importance to make our guests feel amazing. I appreciate the mentions you made of every single one of our associates and is wonderful to see how the helped you. We’re sad too, we don’t want you leave either but we’ll be excited to have you once again at home. See you soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

So let me start by saying I wish we could’ve stayed more days because everything about this hotel was amazing! Pool was great and the beach is just steps away great ceviche and fish tacos, drinks were really tasty not the strongest but that’s good. My favorite part of the Hotel was my boy Ramon from day one that we told him it was our anniversary he made sure to take extra care of us. One day was champagne with chocolate covered strawberries another day was wine and cheese and he always recommended great places to eat. If you’re thinking about visiting puerto Vallarta Marriott is the place to stay!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear jonathanl629,

Thank you for sharing your experience! It’s a pleasure to know that your special celebración was full of wonderful moments. Also, is great to see the marvelous atención from Ramon, I will thank him for such action. We’ll be looking forward to deliver more unforgettable moments in the future. Thank you for choosing Marriott as your getaway!

Best wishes,