Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
$342
$278
Bookit.com
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$269
$179
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$631
$258
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$520
$286
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$271
$201
$396
$220
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$207
$154
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$197
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$420
3,574 results
All reviewscasa magnalas casitaschampions sports barvictor aguilarbreakfast buffetmarina areaswim up barocean viewshort walk to the marinachief conciergepool conciergegreat poolclose to the airportbell staffminutes from the airportcab ridegreat property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2006

Every positive thing people have mentioned on this site is 100% true. From the small attention to details in the rooms, to the great staff and area, our trip turned out to be awesome. The only down side are the loud air conditioning units in the rooms. If you are a light sleeper, you will most likely be bothered by the noise the units make when they kick in.
Check in and check out are done in the hotel room, so you don't even have to deal with the front desk. We didn't, so I cannot say anyone was rude or dismissive. I can however attest to the fact that the concierarge, pool staff, housekeeping, and bell man are most helpful and polite.
The beds are firm, not hard. If you like soft mattresses, you won't enjoy these.
The area that the hotel is in (Marina Vallarta) is a great place with tons of restaurants. Breakfast at the hotel is rather expensive, so heading over to the marina (5 minute walk) and grabbing a bite to eat is your best bet. Or, you can go to the supermarket Mega (20 minute walk from the hotel if you make a left by the whale on the main road) and buy fresh danishes, sweet breads, and juice. Walmart is not that great in terms of prices. It was crowded the two times we went there and overall we preferred Mega.
The beach is not as bad as some make it out to be. It is bigger than we expected and very clean. It is however, murky or muddy due to the area. We enjoyed every stroll we took and sunset we watched. There were always a few people swimming in the water and we even witnessed a family of dolphins swim by from the infiniti pool, which is perfect.
The flora around the hotel is very well kept and beautifully arranged. There are many picturesque areas in and around the hotel. In fact, we toured some of the neighboring hotels/resorts and found that we definately had the nicest grounds at the Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2006
21  Thank mmp83
Reviewed June 25, 2006

The hotel was wonderful. After continual delays at the airports, it was refreshing to be automatically checked in and heading up to our room immediately upon a late check-in arrival. The bellman, Hugo, was wonderful and even let me change my room to have a better view of the ocean and courtyard. Our linens were updated and we had a cream colored comforter, not that tropical print I had seen in past review pictures.

The food was good and very quick when ordering through room service. At the outdoor dining facility, Las Casitas, the service was a bit slow so do not attempt if you have to be somewhere at a certain time. The view from our table was amazing.

The pool area was very clean and the staff attentive and not pushy. If you get a lounge chair closer to the beach they try to peddle stuff, but if you say "no" they generally leave you alone.

I did get a massage through the hotel at the beach and though it was not as private as I thought it would be, it was good. It was an experience to hear the ocean so close and not through speakers.

I did not have to deal with a lot of time share people at the airport or the marina. A firm "no, thank you" was sufficient. There is a place called Fajita Banana where we had breakfast and dinner meals. The food was delicious and they used a lot of fresh ingredients. The papaya juice in the morning is pure papaya with not a lot of sugar and the pancakes were light and fluffy.

Overall, tripadvisor did not fail me on the recommendation of the hotel. I would definitely go back to this place and recommend it to my friends!

11  Thank gogators88
Reviewed June 24, 2006

This is the best hotel we have been to in Mexico and on the top of the list anywhere else we have vacationed!

The pool area is fabulous, with a breathtaking view and the perfect breeze. The waitstaff in both the pool area and restaurants was stellar! Daniel worked the pool area just about everyday of our one week trip and he was the highlight of our vacation!! He was always friendly, courteous, kind and quick, it really makes a difference in your experience to be treated so well.

The housekeeping staff does an incredible job taking care of your room and fixing any problems quickly.

We had taken the all inclusive option thinking we would have breakfast, possibly lunch and some drinks at the hotel/pool. Due to an injury just before the trip, we ate every single meal at the hotel and we were never disappointed. We tried every restaurant at least once and were beyond satisfied everytime.

There is a bus stop very close if you want to go into town. One of the excursion companies is located within the harbor area so that is convenient, especially for early morning departures.

The only things that weren't top of the mark: we found some of the front desk staff to be rude and dismissive as though they were being bothered and the beach isn't the best if you like to take long walks but the harbor area is good for a nice walk.

We will definitely stay at this hotel any time we visit PV in the future!!

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank CAHappyGirl
Reviewed June 21, 2006

Just returned from a week's stay at the Marriott and have to disagree with the reviews I read indicating that this was a 5-star hotel. It definitely isn't. The hotel pool area and lobby are very nice but the rooms are not up to 5-star quality. We had connecting rooms with our children and neither room was very spacious. The bathrooms especially can use some updating - very small, single sink and not much counter space. Although the beds looked very comfortable with their numerous pillows and white fluffy comforters, my husband and I experienced the worst nights of sleep we have ever had. The bed was as hard as a rock! The airconditioners in the rooms are very noisy and I am not exaggerating. Every time the airconditioner came on, it sounded like thunder.

I also was not very impressed with the management. Although the highest level we spoke with was one of the supervisors at the front desk. Without going into our particular complaint about our rooms and location, I would just like to comment that the particular supervisor whom we dealt with was very frustrating. It took forever to see him and he never followed through with his promises. I also do not think he was very honest. He kept saying that the hotel was full to capacity but the pool area never was crowded nor were the restaurants so I have to believe he was not correct in making that statement. For all of our inconvenience, we were told that we would receive a basket of "goodies" in our room (fruit, etc.). We never did. He did, however, pick up the tab for our dinner the first night we were there, but I had to remind him several times that he had promised to do that.

The restaurants at the hotel were okay. Mikado was similar to a Beni-hana, Champs is your typical hamburger pub and the main dining room where they serve breakfast and their dinner buffets is average.

I am not saying that this is a bad hotel. I only want to clarify that if you are used to staying at 5-star, classy hotels with all the amenities, you will be disappointed with this Marriott.

15  Thank Hinsdale58
Reviewed June 20, 2006

We recently returned from a nice 4 day getaway to Puerto Vallarta. The CasaMagna was a beautiful hotel and was well beyond my expections (which were pretty high considering the great reviews). I had gone back in forth between the Marriott and the Westin, and after staying at the Marriott and seeing the Westin, we definitely made the right choice.

The hotel and its grounds were great. Our room had recently been refurbished with new bedding and decor. It was much nicer than some of the pictures I've seen on here.

The pool was fantastic. Unlike other beach vacations, you do NOT have to wake up early to get a seat at the pool. At any time of the day we could find available chairs, and not once could we not find 3 chairs together. The pool is the perfect size, and while the hotel was at capacity, it did not feel crowded at all.

The food and service at the pool area were impeccable. We had a delicious breakfast and lunches at the pool, along with numerous drinks. Everything was reasonably priced. I will say, the better drinks are ordered not from the pool bar, but from the waiters walking around. I thought they were stronger. We started ordering drinks from the waiters and simply taking them into the pool.

Twice we went into town to eat and both restaurants I would highly recommend. Pipi's was awesome...guacamole made at the table, great fajitas, and the biggest margaritas I have ever seen. We also went to Si Senor, a nicer restaurant in town that served more traditional Mexican. It was modern and nice, with huge windows.

Great vacation. Whenever I come back, I will stay at the Marriott.

19  Thank Justin522