“A Little Disappointed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
New York City, New York
“A Little Disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Beautiful grounds and views. On our first day there we noticed that the toilet in the room would not fill w water once flushed. Called the desk and they assured us it would be taken care of. Well, 3 days later and 2 calls and it was not fixed. Its sad to pay the money we did and still have to fill the garbage can w water to be able to flush the toilet

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Dana,

I truly appreciate you had shared with us your thoughts about your stay at our property.

I am sincerely sorry for the inconveniences you experienced with the toilet in your room and specially for this issue not being taken care of properly, please rest assure that I have shared this to both our Front Desk Manager and our Maintenance Manager in order for them to work in further training with the staff to prevent this kind of issue from happening again.

The team and I hope to hear you are coming back to our property very soon.

Demetrio Maduro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in a double bed room with 5 people... the description stated garden view but we were fortunate enough to be on the 6th floor and were able to see the ocean. The facilities were so clean and beautiful. The staff we so helpful and nice. We will be coming back to this hotel in the future. :) The location was not as close to downtown as I wanted, but we had a car so it wasnt too bad. If you have to take a taxi, I would recommend walking to the main road... it will save you money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mandilea
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments about your time here, I am happy to know that your stay was comfortable and nice.

I also thank you for the kind comments about the service provided by our staff.

It is great to hear you are coming back and I hope your next visit here comes very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

After 23 years of visiting many different resorts in Mexico, two to three times per winter -- my wife and I have settled on Puerto Vallarta's Marriott Casa Magna as the BEST.

The hotel has a great location on the Pacific Ocean (15 min. taxi from Puerto Vallarta airport; and a 10-minute walk to the nearby Marina Vallarta). Magnificent pool and ocean view with much activity on the ocean/beach to watch (or participate in). Added plus, there are sufficient lounge chairs/umbrellas so you don't have to come down at 7:00 a..m. putting stuff on lounges to save.

For beachwalkers/lovers, there is beach/sand seating; shade coverings and full food/bar service on the beach. The beach has been totally restored; it compares favorably with the best in Mexico.

The hotel's food is excellent quality and a good value. There are several on-property dining options, with indoor or outdoor seating and great service. Because of hotel location, you also have the choice of a short walk to the Marina for a variety of restaurant types and price points; or, an inexpensive taxi to charming downtown Puerto Vallarta with many dining/shopping options. Thus, better than an all-inclusive because of the many great choices.

The final differentiator is the employees of the Marriott Casa Magna. The staff is second-to-none in their service and genuine interest in their guests. When entering the hotel, you always receive the greeting, "Welcome Home," -- and they mean it!

Room Tip: If having an ocean view is a priority, request a Pool-facing Ocean View room. (Pool facing Ocean Vie...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Jerry L
Dear Jerry,

I was truly thrilled when I started going through your review and seeing that after many trips to Mexico, you consider us the best resort, mainly thanks to our excellent staff that as you mentioned are sincere when welcoming you home.

I will be looking forward to your next visit.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Casa Magna from 5/9-5/14/2014. We had an amazing time! Although we were on an awards trip, it transpired over Mother's Day and our 26th Anniversary, so that worked out nicely. When you first enter the 'breezeway' of the hotel you'll see the infinity pool, lush gardens and ocean and mountain view in one fell swoop. From the first minute the staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The food was excellent! The breakfast buffet was outstanding. Two top-notch service experiences were the overall friendliness of the staff. There was always a smile and sincere offer of service. The above and beyond happened when I realized while I was at the airport that I had left something at the hotel; I went to the VIP counter at the airport and asked them to call the hotel. The representative told the Marriott clerk what I needed. Marriott quickly summoned security to our recently vacated room and found additional items that I'd left behind that I had not even realized. The hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport. A hotel driver came directly to the airport and met me with my items. All of this transpired within 30 minutes. I still questioned one of the items I'd thought I'd left behind and the security personnel that had been in my room was immediately available with verification. I couldn't believe the level of service at the great value offered by Marriott. So many wonderful cities to visit. Don't miss Sayalita!!! Only complaint is I could have done without the vendors on the beach--but since Marriott does not own the beach; there's not much to be done there. Go, go go!

Room Tip: We had ocean view on the first floor. I liked the convenience and was not bothered by any noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 5livinglarge
Dear guest,

I was very glad while reading your review and even more for the story you kindly shared about the help provided by our staff to recover your items; this surely is an example of the great team work of our employees of which we are so honored.

I hope to see you back very soon and I would like to recommend you a visit to our Ohtli Spa for further relaxation while enjoying our special treatments and a time in our wellness areas with sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at this Resort & Spa for 4 days (May 10th - 14th). This I will make this short and sweet. My wife and I experienced 10 out to 10 Service! It's that simple. The staff gets it... People smile and are willing to help you... I will be back! Views from the property are the best!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ThePanther2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation of our lovely hotel.

It makes me glad to know that you specially enjoyed the service from our staff and that you consider us now your New Casa in Mexico, we surely love to hear that and we will be looking forward to seeing you back.

Lafayette, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family stayed at the CasaMagna over the Thanksgiving weekend 2013. We are loyal to Marriott and stayed on points however the prices per night for this hotel were so reasonable. It was our first time to Puerto Vallarta and not our last. The city is charming, safe with plenty of things to do. This hotel is within walking distance of the marina which we found a plus. We ate at restaurants in the marina several times and enjoyed chartering a fishing boat one day to go whale watching and enjoying the lovely bay.
As for the hotel, the breakfast buffet was the best place for food. They have an enormous spread and it kept us full through lunch. The staff is very pleasant. The rooms are comfortable and well sized. The pool is huge with a decent swim up bar. The only disappointment was the beach...vendors sell their goods as soon as you step on the sand and it's not a big walking beach. But we would definitely return to both PV and this Marriott property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank schnoodlelover
Dear guest,

It is pleasant to know that your first visit to Puerto Vallarta went so well; we definitely agree with you, this city is charming and there are plenty of activities for everyone to enjoy.

I will be happy to hear you are coming back for a celebration of the Thanksgiving weekend 2014, for which we want to recommend you our Thanksgiving dinner buffet at La Estancia where you will enjoy traditional dishes, including Turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and much more.

Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I with the In-laws stayed for 3 days week before Easter. I was very surprised because it was half the price that we paid for 3 years ago at Secrets hotel in Puerto Vallarta. The hotel was very clean and all the staff was very professional and courteous. The breakfast was delicious and we rec'd 2 free breakfasts. It was walking distance (5 blocks) from many restaurants and shops. The pool could be larger but it wasn't crowded for being Easter week. I also was surprised for not being a brand new hotel that it doesn't have a mildew smell for being on the beach front. You would never know it isn't a brand new Hotel because it sure looks new and kept very well. Because all the hotels in South Padre Island in Texas sure have a mildew smell. It is a beach front but PuetoVallarta beach isn't nothing to write home about! If we would ever go Puerto Vallarta again I would stay again. We went to Rhythms of the Night excursion 1 night. Which included a hour cruise to a small island and dinner and show. The show was great! The food was average but the show and open bar made up for the average food. Just don't buy your tickets at the hotel buy them at the shop strip. You will save $20 a ticket.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor and had a view of the beach. See photo
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ChicagoBel
Dear guest,

I am happy to read about the great time that you and your family spent with us.

Thank you for the kind comments about our staff as well as the breakfast; it makes us really proud to see that the hard work from our team causes a great impression on our guests.

I will be really happy to see you once more vacationing in our property with all your family.