Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
$299
$181
$139
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$286
$238
$196
Bookit.com
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
3,611 results
All reviewscasa magnalas casitaschampions sports barvictor aguilarbreakfast buffetmarina areaswim up barocean viewshort walk to the marinachief conciergepool conciergegreat poolclose to the airportbell staffminutes from the airportcab ridegreat property
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Relax...sit by the pool...eat at Las Casitas...swim up to the bar...sit on your balcony overlooking the pool, mountains, and ocean. This is a favorite of mine because it is in a quiet area. Staff members are friendly; it is impossible to walk by one of them and not receive a greeting. Rooms are comfortable and clean; I liked the way our bed faced the window and the view! Bed and pillows were very comfortable; bathroom was functional, although did show it's age a bit. Could use a towel bar on the wall to hang wet towels. While it is about a 20 minute/130 peso taxi ride to downtown, we walked to the marina several times and ate there - a 10 minute walk. Do not stay here if you want a beach; Cancun is the place to go for beaches. You can catch a bus to Bucerias or north/south for a better beach. All in all, this is my favorite place to stay in PV.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, General Management Office at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear guest,

I was really happy to read on your review that our hotel is one of your favorites.

Thank you as well for your kind comments regarding the service of our staff, it is great for us to have a staff fully committed to our guest and to know that this commitment is reflected in their job.

We will be looking forward to your next visit and to welcome you once more to this your home away from home.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We arrived to find we had no reservation. Found out later I reserved the room for February instead of March. I was shocked and amazed they could accomidate my husband and I during Spring Break even with the reservation drama. Amor helped us at the front desk. What an amazing prize she is to the hotel. Everything from the room to the pool to the hospitality of the staff was perfect. We will be back again for sure. It is clean, comfortable, quiet rooms, fun pool environment. Lovely, lovely, lovely stay. Perfect location to interesting places and super close to airport. Only $5 for a taxi!! Score!!! Pleasantly surprised and cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Very comfortable beds!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JulieAnneAZ

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to share us your comments on TripAdvisor, I am happy to know about the great job our staff did to help you with the reservation in order for you to be able to spend some lovely and relaxing days with us.

We will be waiting to see you back very soon.

General Manager Executive Assistant

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family (husband and 2 teenage boys) just returned home from 7 day stay at the CasaMagna. This was our 4th vacation in PV and the first time at CasaMagna. We would recommend this property for the location, the comfort and the relaxed pace.

The hotel was clean, nice, the beds very comfy and the room was able to accommodate an extra bed since our boys do not like to share. We decided against the upgrade for the court side ocean view (extra $20 per day) and were very pleased to discovered spectacular sunsets over the ocean. No upgrade needed!

We usually had breakfast in the hotel - the boys loved the french toast at the buffet and my morning latte/bagel was from the deli. We also had the $50 credit that others have mentioned and we did request copy of the credit statement. It is confusing but they were very helpful when we asked for some explanation.

We love to explore and had dinner off the resort every night. The marina is walking distance - 2 blocks and there are many choices of restaurants and shops. On Thursday evening there is a "farmers" market - with trinkets and local foods (claiming to be organic). We also enjoyed a few nights in town - Vista Grill and El Palomar de los Gonzalez were an easy cab ride.

The beach was nice, a little rocky in some places and would advise you to pack some water shoes if you like to body surf or walk the beach. There is always a chair with an umbrella available. If asked, the staff was happy to spray down the sand for beach volleyball (the sand did get hot). The pool is large and the swim up bar makes a great Mojito.

Room Tip: Upper level - north side quieter and spectacular sunsets
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris K

Dear guest,

I am happy to read your review and knowing that your first vacation at our property was so relaxing and happy. Our staff is always doing their best taking care of our guests and it is always great reading the awesome job they do.

I hope this was the first of many visits to our hotel and to hear back from you very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I really wanted to give this property 5 stars, but I just couldn’t. It’s a beautiful resort, old but very well maintained, clean and comfortable. The location is great, very close to airport (6 minutes) and walking distance to the marina. And the staff was friendly, but some inconsistency. The room was really nice, incredible views of the bay and pool, perfect bed, and I loved the balcony. My gripes are small, but ….the billing was a little confusing – I had a $50(US) credit a day for food & drink in my rate, but they don’t charge and credit, they merely remove some restaurant charges and since I ate and drank at the hotel frequently, I’m not sure how all the accounting worked out. The food was just ok. I didn’t have any bad meals, but below average burger and saw some pretty thin steaks. There was an incident where a bird flew off with part of a club sandwich and the staff noticed and replaced it immediately without even requesting it – that’s great! But there was also the sports bar staff that was too into the soccer game to bring me silverware or another drink when requested. Helpful Hints: if you are in Mexico, order the Mexican food. Don’t expect white beaches, the sand is very dark and HOT!. Chairs are plentiful by the pool or beach. Victor at the pool bar and another Victor at Las Casitas, as well as Grace at the front desk were very helpful and gave great service. Watch out for the birds, they are aggressive with any food. I think every room has a view of the water. The more desirable views seem to be of the bay and therefore city lights at night, but the ocean view also gets you some amazing sunsets. Recommended, but not loved.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank noleintx

Dear guest,

I want to express my gratitude for giving us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at our property.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable time and that the friendly service from our staff really made a great impression on yourself, we are very happy with the job they do specially with the little details like the example of the bird you kindly wrote about.

Thank you as well for bringing to our attention your remarks regarding the bill; I have already discussed this with our Front Office Manager and we will make sure to work along our front office staff in order for them to have better tools to explain the bill on these cases.

We will be happy to see you spending another great vacation at our property, for which we suggest a visit to Mikado Restaurant where you will enjoy a delicious Teppanyaki prepared right in front of you.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in March for 6 nights and had a wonderful, relaxing time. Was it perfect? Far from it, but show me one place that is perfect. Would we stay here again on a future trip to PV? Absolutely.

Here is the great, good and not so good.

Location: the hotel is less than 10 minutes from the airport so it is very convenient for arriving and departing. After our walk through the "time share shark tank" right outside customs, we very quickly found a taxi and were to the hotel in probably less than 40 minutes from the time the plane touched down.

Arrival at hotel: we were very warmly greeted at the hotel upon arrival, which is not at all unusual for Puerto Vallarta, the bellmen were prompt, genuinely pleasant and very courteous. They took our luggage, last names and showed us to check-in.

As a Marriott Gold Member, I was treated exceptionally well, I had exchanged emails with the concierge prior to arrival and was able to secure daily breakfast for two at $10/each. This was great because there is no Elite Lounge or free breakfast at the resort. My recommendation if you're a Marriott Elite member is to email the concierge and ask what they can offer for breakfast.

Check-in was very quick, less than 5 minutes, and we were off to our room. We were on the 7th floor of what would be considered the north building I guess. We were in the second room before the end of the corridor so there was not much hallway, elevator or other noise from the corridor. This made the evenings very pleasant.

Rate: we booked the lowest price Sand Dollar rate and received the 4th night free and $50/day resort credit which was great for drinks while lounging by the pool. With this rate, you're asked at check-in on which day you would like your $50/day credit to start, we started that day because we wouldn't have used it on check out day.

Room: The room was standard Marriott with a great bed, small balcony and decent sized bath room (toilet was separated from the rest of the bath room by a glass door.) We were a tad bit disappointed with the room as it was referred to as "Ocean View" however, it was really a view of the bay and the city. Not terrible and didn't make the vacation any better or worse because we didn't spend all of our time in the room. However if you are able to get on a room on the north side of the north building, you will have an "outward" view of the bay toward the ocean, rather than the bay and the city.

The air conditioner worked OK (needed to be shut off and turned back on a couple of times), great water pressure and temperature in the shower, the wifi (included for Marriott Gold and above) was fine but we're on vacation so we really don't complain if it's sporadic however I couldn't believe the number of "gotta be connected" people.

Lobby Bar: The bar area was nice, the seating both at the bar and the tables was comfortable. The drinks were very good, mixed very well (Francisco, you did an amazing job both behind the bar and in the La Estancia restaurant) and generous on the pour. The happy hour from 5-7 is 2 for 1 house drinks and beer.

A few nights they had live performances in the bar area, while the singer and musicians were very talented, it was EXTREMELY LOUD. I would not have wanted to be one of the families with small children having to listen to the music like the performance was right in your room at 11PM. But, it could have been worse, the singer could have been me.

Restaurants:

Mikado: This was a mixed experience for us. The service at the teppanyaki grill was very slow and drink refills were hard to come by. The food was above average considering they forgot our rice and we had to remind them twice. When it finally did arrive it was cold. We couldn't even pay our bill because after the chef left, no other employees came back to the table.

We finally waved a person over, who turned out to be the food and beverage manager (I'm sorry, I don't recall her name, but she was fantastic), and upon being asked how everything was, we told her. No follow up on drinks, cold rice and then we asked for the bill. When she brought the bill, there was a 30% discount. We didn't ask for it, we just kindly explained that service could have been better.

La Estancia: Breakfast buffet is nothing short of fantastic!

We ate breakfast here 4 of the 6 days eating the other two days at Las Casitas. There are two short order cooking stations for waffles, omelets and eggs, so the waits are not long. There are choices of cereals, Mexican dishes, sausage, bacon, cold cuts, salmon, breads, juices, etc. The choices are plenty. As I said, our breakfast was $10/person each day so not a bad deal (I believe the regular price is about $25.)

Service here was the best food service on the property thanks to Francisco. After having met him at the bar on the first day and spending some time chatting with him, he went out of his way to make sure we had anything we needed. In fact, each day he would ask us if we wanted him to bring us a traditional Mexican breakfast and then bring us a plate he prepared that was fantastic.

Great food and great service at La Estancia was a really nice way to start the day.

Champions: DON'T BOTHER. After trying Champions at the CasaMagna in Cancun and being disappointed, we made the mistake of giving it another chance in PV. The drink services was......very.......slow.......and the meals that were coming out to the other tables looked less than stellar so we had one drink and left. I get it, the US does the sports bar concept and menu well. I think Marriott could keep the TVs (I get it, some people can't live without live sports, in fact I love certain sports myself) but change up the menu and have a better experience.

Las Casitas: Great breakfast choices, high quality and efficient service. We ate here 2 days of the 6 for breakfast and enjoyed it. It is out next to the pool over looking the water. Dinner is probably very good too if breakfast is an indicator but we ate dinners at the Marina or downtown.

Pool:

First the pool itself, the water temperature was nice the pool itself was very large and considering the resort was full (spring break and a few corporate events) the pool wasn't even close to being too populated and there were plenty of chairs and umbrellas.

Second, the pool service was great! Being seasoned travelers we know that tipping and courtesy goes a long way. There were a few other guests that could learn the "courtesy" part rather than treating staff like their personal servants.

The drinks and food were very good.

The biggest problem with the pool? Some of the other guests. Examples include the family with the parents who shout across the entire resort to talk to their kids (what do you want to eat, let your brother have a turn, etc.) rather than walking over to them and talking to them. We just found it rude and unnecessary. But they probably figured they owned the place. Another example is the lady, who was arguing with her husband and calling him everything short of an idiot because the wi-fi key won't work on his phone.

Anyhow, it seems to be that in every crowd there are a few people who have no social skills.

The only complaint I have is all the sand blasting and maintenance that was being done to the fountain area. Yes, I know that maintenance has to be done, but this was spring break and I just would have expected that during the last few weeks of high season, the resort would have had everything running and maintenance would have been later in the season.

Regardless, overall we were pleased and would return to the Marriott in PV. I would NOT recommend the all inclusive package at the Marriott or any all inclusive in PV for that matter, simply because of the number of choices downtown and in the Marina area.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms on the north side of the north building closest to the bay end of the corridor will give you the best views of the bay looking to the ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank slupfer

Dear guest,

I really enjoyed reading through your detailed review and I am glad to know that you had such a pleasant time at our beautiful hotel.

I will be happy to pass your comments to each one of the departments you mentioned and congratulate the staff for the magnificent job they did helping you with your requests.

I thank you as well for your observations regarding Champions service which I have brought to the attention of our Food and Beverage Director in order for him to participate in further training with the staff.

Thank you as well for sharing with us your notes regarding the maintenance to our fountains and I hope that you come back very soon to see the positive results of these changes.