“Would Return”

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a five night stay at this resort and would not hesitate to stay here again. I agree with some of the reviews about showing some age, but it wasn't anything that would've spoiled my stay. All the staff was helpful and the service was great. Prices were even more reasonable than I expected.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Sweetlu4
Write a ReviewReviews (3,459)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I just returned from the best vacation ever. I had never visited Puerto Vallarta and loved the town. The Casa Magna Marriott is just fabulous! All of the staff from the housekeepers to the pool attendants, the front desk staff, concierges as well as the waiters in the dining rooms and the persons in the little store selling sandwiches, bottled water and other amenities were so friendly and attentive to our every needs. Special kudos to Grace, who is at the front desk. The food is great and the location of the hotel is very convenient. The hotel is set back from the streeet and has a wonderful view of Banderas Bay and the Sierra Madre mountains in the distant. It's just a short 3 block walk to the marina and 2 short blocks to the bus taking us to the center of town. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I loved having a room overlooking the pool with the bay and mountains just beyond.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy F
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I spent the day at the Marriott and was very impressed with the Ohtli Spa onsite. It has been upgraded and expanded to a spacious and tranquil sanctuary, equipped with Vichy shower, steam room, four plunge pools with varying temperatures and sizes, lap pool, well-equipped gym and large locker room. Several specialty massage rooms are arranged around a dipping pool and throughout they feature art and healing techniques from local Huichol Indian tribes. They offer couples massage, Thai, Swedish, hot stone and other types--so much to choose from! My friends enjoyed their massages very much, while I had a paraffin mani-pedi. My cracked heels never looked so good after the CND Cucumber Heel Therapy (and the Marine Mineral Bath, Salt Scrub, Healing Masque and paraffin). We enjoyed lunch at the open air Las Casitas Restaurant where Chef Fred Ruiz is doing amazing things with local ingredients, including the hibiscus margarita. The seafood was so fresh that it hardly needed any embellishment and the lobster tacho, shrimp ceviche and mango salsa were delicious. The grounds are beautiful and I would definitely rank this property high on my list for my next stay. I've stayed in the Marina Vallarta district before and though it is a cab or bus ride to downtown, the Marina itself offers lots of different restaurants and shops, and there is a pickup spot there for all the activities offered by the popular tour company, Vallarta Adventures. The Marriott is setting itself apart from its competitors through the quality of the restaurants and spa, and its in a great location right on Banderas Bay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank IngasAdventures
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed her for a few nights, and had stayed here about 10 years ago. I have a timeshare at the nearby Velas Vallarta, and needed a place to stayed for a few night before my week started at my timeshare. The room was very nice with a good view of the ocean, but the grounds and the pool area of the hotel is nothing to write home about. It doesn't compare to the Velas where everything is plush, manicured and extremely maintained. I did not eat in any of the hotel restaurants, but did have some poolside food. I do have to say the drink are excellent, not watered down at all, and the chickens wings were great - they were huge - thought they were turkey wings when they were brought to me. Bottom line, a good safe place to stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

From the time I got off the plane till I got back on, I never felt more relaxed!!! This place was awesome. The food was great with plenty to chose from. Make sure when you go to the pool, you look for Victor. He will make sure you are never without, be it drinks or snacks. The view from the pool area can not be beat!!! We saw a pod of whales just off the coast, a cruise ship leaving port and the most beautiful sunsets right from our pool chairs. I will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: Any room would be great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My sister and I returned this week from a wonderful vacation at the Casamagna Marriott. The staff bent over backwards to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. The hotel was recently renovated, and it's beautiful. I had an ocean view room. From the balcony, I saw the pool, the bay and the mountains. What a way to start the day! We had most breakfasts, most lunches and a few dinners in the hotel. The hotel has several restaurants. We ate in all but the Mikado. The food was absolutely delicious, and the prices were extremely reasonable, especially for a hotel.
The hotel is clean, the pool temperature was perfect. The hotel is located within a 10 minute walk to the marina. We also took the bus into town a few times. The bus stops only a block away from the hotel. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. We plan, if all is well, to stay two weeks next year at the Marriott.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms offer a magnificent view. I would stay 4th floor and above for a quieter evening.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff at the CasaMagna was Wonderful. Everyone from checkin to around the resort is very nice and helpful. All speak english great. Had a pool & ocean view which was wonderful. Could leave the sliding glass door open at night and hear the ocean. I loved it! The buffet in the morning is really good. Abit expensive ($22. ea.) but they have a Big variety of items and yummy. You can walk to the marina area - 10 minutes away and have breakfast for 2 for $10. Taxis to downtown is 80 pesos and fun to go there and walk around. Many places to eat. Getting to the hotel you can take a taxi, but it is like $26. so we went to www.puertovallarta.net (the day before leaving home, you need to print the confirmation) and you can reserve a taxi for $20. They greet you with a sign that has your name on it when you come out of the airport and walk you to a taxi and you are off. Best deal and easy. Taxi drivers do not expect a tip either. Weather was great and I would stay at the Marriott again when going to Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple