3,757 results
All reviewscasa magnalas casitaschampions sports barvictor aguilarmikado restaurantmarina areabreakfast buffetswim up barocean viewchief conciergeshort walk to the marinapool conciergegreat poolclose to the airportbell staffminutes from the airportcab ride
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our 12th year...always welcomed as returning family...not "posh", but beds are "comfy", rooms clean...always friendly, happy service...nearby Marina a great place to find every kind of dining and lovely to walk the boardwalk in the evening. Casa's own restaurants have tasty, well served meals...breakfast buffet is huge...transportation to airport/town easy...we always take the bus right outside the grounds...the town has been revitalized and remodeled..we are very comfortable here...their pool is very clean

Room Tip: "garden rooms" look out to Bandaras Bay, can be a bit noisy if there is a corporate event taking place on the grounds, but we love the upper level floors...if children travel with then lower is better
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tentative
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have only missed 1 year in the last 21 of visiting this wonderland and see some of the same couples from all over the US. So they must love it also.They even have most of the same employee's who are all wonderful.A beautiful city.Perfectly safe as we walk to all the the restaurants.We even watched whales free jumping one morning just outside our porch.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and have great views of the ocean and city
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We just returned from a long weekend at the Marriott Casa Magna Puerto Vallarta. We had a fantastic time. The hotel is very good. But as I noted in the title, I'm giving it a conservative (not an effusive glowing) 4-stars. It's a solid performer and consistent with the Marriott brand, but nothing is going to blow you away. No complaints here! But nothing special either. But as a consistent (Platinum) Marriott traveler, I really value consistency.

Check-in was a breeze. Ocean Front room with an excellent view. Standard king room. Wireless internet worked well.

Service by the pool was very good during our stay. In fact, service overall at the Marriott was very good. No issues with the staff at all.

The rooms could use some updating. I agree with other reviews that it all looks a bit dated. That's probably what keeps this from a 5 star review.

For location: I prefer the Marina over any downtown location. You can get access to downtown PV with a quick bus or cab ride. But I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the Marina area.

Note: DO NOT book any airport transporation via Marriott/iSeatz. It's a complete ripoff, and I'm currently disputing those charges with AMEX.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HBsteve
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I took a trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, with a few friends in early January. We stayed at the Casa Magna for the duration of our stay, let me tell you, it was a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly, eager to help, and spoke good English. The rooms were nice, the beds were comfy, and the overall vibe of the resort was a good one. This large resort, prominent on Banderas Bay, has plenty to offer for all personalities. The only downside to it was the price, the food and rooms were on the expensive side, and it was not an "all-inclusive" resort. The price was definitely worth it though, I had splendid time.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Liv15
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed there for several days. I actually expected more!!! Being a Marriott there were s lot of expectations to fill. First of all, the hotel looks old. A little remodel will do!! The service in the pool area restaurant was extremely slow (and let me add that I didn't go there during high season). Also the waiter was sort of having a bad day and was very rude to us on one occasion. The japanese restaurant was also extremely slow. I went there for twice even though we were two different cooks, each time they took forever to start. Although they did put up with a good show. Finally, on our last night, we went to the champions bar and it was until next morning we realized they had charged us for drinks that were nit supposed to be charged. They fixed it, the next day, but if we hadn't realized before we left we would have been charged!!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business