3,756 results
All reviewscasa magnalas casitaschampions sports barvictor aguilarmikado restaurantmarina areabreakfast buffetswim up barocean viewchief conciergeshort walk to the marinapool conciergegreat poolclose to the airportbell staffminutes from the airportcab ride
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I fell in love at first site with this open air property and the ability to get a great view in almost every room. And oh the views in PVR... stunning. The hotel staff was always sure to please, very friendly and helpful. Because we had many people to meet with while we were there, we spent a lot of time in the Lobby Bar due to its relaxed atmosphere and spacious comfort. The gentle breezes flow throughout the main floor of this hotel and it's so refreshing. We enjoyed the balcony every morning with coffee from the deli on the main floor. We request rooms close to elevator, usually, so the deli was easy access. The pool is beautiful and large overlooking the beach... But if you wander to the beach area, plan to be constantly interrupted by vendors trying to sell their Mexican trinkets. Delightful at first, but not for long. We are going back again in few weeks, and look forward to returning to the Marriott, our consistent choice for home away from home. Enjoy!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LeslieNow
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We felt that this was a wonderful hotel, especially for what we paid, which I guess I'm not allowed to state. It's right on the bay with a beautiful beach, but also a fine large pool with a swim-up bar. The building(s) itself is very impressive, suggestive of much more expensive digs. We had an ocean-facing view from a decent-sized balcony, well-insulated from those of our neighbors. The room itself was smallish but adequate and very nicely furnished. Flat screen hi-def TV. The computer work area/desk accommodated two chairs and I particularly liked the fact that there was a bank of four electrical outlets at the area as well as a panel that connected through the wall to the TV, that would allow you to plug your computer, cameras, accessories, etc. into the wall without having to mess with the back of the TV. The bathroom was modern and immaculate, with the toilet in its own separate room. They folded a Kleenex into a rose (pic) and even folded the end of my toilet paper into a cute little triangle!

There was no microwave. The only refrigerator was the minibar and this was locked??? Just as well...I'm always getting charged for stuff I didn't consume. There was a coffee maker but no coffee and I had to ask for coffee twice before any arrived.

WiFi or internet was outrageously expensive. I forget exactly how much but something on the order of $20 or $30/day.

So let's talk about the restaurants. We ate on two consecutive nights at the Las Casitas, under a thatched roof looking right out onto the ocean. Both nights we had the lobster taco appetizer, which was basically a soft taco containing, among many delicious ingredients, a small lobster tail. The coconut shrimp appetizer was only so-so. My wife had the sea bass the first night and the tuna the second. She was particularly fond of the sea bass. I had the rib-eye steak the first night. It was a beautiful looking steak and quite large. However, it was overcooked and tough. Can't win them all. The second night I had the seafood linguini and it was good, not great. The desserts, including cheesecake and key lime pie came in little cups and were nothing special. No dessert the second time around. Service was terrific and the guy reacted like he had never received a 20% tip before.

Breakfast after checking out was at the Estancia, outside, overlooking the ocean but a little further from it than Las Casitas. They offered a buffett that was pretty upscale for about $25, similar to the ones you see at the better casinos in Vegas. Little islands with the chef cooking your omelet or waffles to order, etc. We ordered off the menu the Mexican omelet and the American breakfast with ham steak. Both were fine, but the "ham steak" was interesting. It was basically about four pieces of something that looked like Oscar Meyer lunchmeat rolled over and fried into a little mass (see pic). If I had been at Denny's, I would have sent it back but you probable don't want to antagonize these people. There were dozens of crows flying around helping themselves to leftovers when people got up and left. The waiters are apparently aware of this problem as they didn't waste much time emptying vacant tables.

Having said all of this, it was a very enjoyable stay we will undoubtedly go back. Just avoid the rib-eye steak and "ham steak", the desserts and the internet. BTW, you can get a can of Coke in their "deli" for about three bucks.

Room Tip: Spring for whatever extra it costs for the ocean view. I think it was about $20-30 more.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard F
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We just returned from a way-too-short but oh-so-great stay at the Casamagna Marriott in Puerto Vallarta! This is really a lovely property ... our ocean view room was clean, well appointed and spectacular -- overlooking the fabulous pool and beach area, with the mountains in the background. It was quite a sight to wake up to every day. We left our balcony door open at night and enjoyed the sounds of the gentle surf! Big change from downtown Chicago! The resort also features beautifully manicured grounds, huge infinity pool with swim up bar, fabulous fitness center and spa, onsite restaurants and shopping, and lots more. We loved the location a short cab drive away from the airport and a safe and easy walk to the marina district where we found lots of great restaurant choices, all reasonably priced, all delicious. From this property, it's also an easy cab ride to the Malecon, a must-see destination a little further south with countless dining and shopping options, great sunsets, and the best of people watching. But back to the hotel..... we found the staff, from the gardeners to the housekeeping staff to the front desk personnel, all to be warm, friendly and accommodating. We're going back next year and staying longer!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LisaS3908
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I love the hotel,the staff, the food and the view! The pool is beautiful and the spa is top notch. Oscar the bell man is always very helpful and somehow seems to remember everyone. There is a wonderful place to eat downstairs called the mango deli and the food is great. They have sandwiches, pizzas and ice cream.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank WaylessWonder
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were quite pleased with our stay at the Marriott in P.V. My bags were delayed by the airlines and the concierge staff were all very helpful in checking with the airlines and making sure they made it to my room. We were especially impressed by Simon, the head concierge. He gave us great restaurant recommendations each night and even steered us away from some of the more touristy spots. The hotel has a lovely beach, wonderful pool with swim-up bar and a beautiful spa. We used the tennis courts (which were a bit shoddy but manageable) and they import a pro from one of the local clubs who is really quite good. We also had an ocean view which I think is worth paying up for. We really enjoyed the hotel restaurant where breakfast is served and the tortilla soup at the pool restaurant is incredibly yummy, (my kids had it every day!) The Marriott is a family friendly resort, but not one overrun by kids. It has a nice relaxed vibe and I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family