3,753 results
All reviewscasa magnalas casitaschampions sports barvictor aguilarmikado restaurantmarina areabreakfast buffetswim up barocean viewchief conciergeshort walk to the marinapool conciergegreat poolclose to the airportbell staffminutes from the airportcab ride
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were quite pleased with our stay at the Marriott in P.V. My bags were delayed by the airlines and the concierge staff were all very helpful in checking with the airlines and making sure they made it to my room. We were especially impressed by Simon, the head concierge. He gave us great restaurant recommendations each night and even steered us away from some of the more touristy spots. The hotel has a lovely beach, wonderful pool with swim-up bar and a beautiful spa. We used the tennis courts (which were a bit shoddy but manageable) and they import a pro from one of the local clubs who is really quite good. We also had an ocean view which I think is worth paying up for. We really enjoyed the hotel restaurant where breakfast is served and the tortilla soup at the pool restaurant is incredibly yummy, (my kids had it every day!) The Marriott is a family friendly resort, but not one overrun by kids. It has a nice relaxed vibe and I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Diane H
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a relaxing vacation in puerto Valletta, before we got to Mexico there had been some debate as to making the right call by staying at this luxury property versus an all inclusive.... I am so glad we stayed at the Marriott. The location was perfect I read other reviews on trip advisor and got some great tips. However one fact I didn't read too much about was how close the property was to the marina. It was wonderful to be able to stay and enjoy the hotel, the beach, and the pool all day and walk around the marina at night. Back to the Marriott, we really enjoyed how welcoming everyone was. The food at the hotel was wonderful, the Japanese restaurant was delightful and you can save money by going Monday night and getting the 2 for 1 chicken or beef hibachi. The breakfast buffet was great, and I really enjoyed the poolside service or lunch. Two other great attributes of this hotel was the state of the art workout room, and the comfort of the beds. They were by far the most comfortable in Mexico.

Room Tip: The ocean view room is worth the extra money, especially for the sunset.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank charisma2882
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is located next to Marina Vallarta which had many excellent restaurants and about a ten minute taxi ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta. Everyone at the hotel greeted with a smile and went out of their way to assist you. The beach was clean, the pool inviting with a swim up bar, several restaurants within the hotel each with a different menu and one restaurant had an incredible breakfast buffet. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Marriott has three pools with even a bar in the pool and is located on a quiet beach. The breakfast is one of the best I have seen in any hotel. You can taste real authentic Mexican dishes for breakfast included in the price of the room..special AAA rates are available. The views are q amazin("

Room Tip: 8059 -8063. Sunset rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ETHKino
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this resort and once again it was I had a terrific time. I like to stay at a resort that is not on top of all the others, and this one fits the bill perfectly. The pool is huge and right next to the ocean. The sea food in the restaurant by the beach was superb and I was able to take a moonlit stroll on the beach afterwards. Because I stayed in the off season, the spa was offering a deal on 3 treatments. They have a terrific facility and I hated to leave. The rooms have been renovated since the last time I was there 2 years ago. I liked the new decor. Taxi rides were reasonable to the malecon, which also has been redone and makes Puerto Vallarta much more enjoyable. If you are used to paying hotel prices for food and drinks, then you won't be surprised at the pricing. If you are used to the town prices, then you will be in for sticker shock! Overall, a great time was had and I would probably go back when in PV again.

Room Tip: I specifically asked for a room overlooking the pool because I like the view and the deck.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple