“Great vacation spot”

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Marriott has three pools with even a bar in the pool and is located on a quiet beach. The breakfast is one of the best I have seen in any hotel. You can taste real authentic Mexican dishes for breakfast included in the price of the room..special AAA rates are available. The views are q amazin("

Room Tip: 8059 -8063. Sunset rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ETHKino
Write a ReviewReviews (3,451)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this resort and once again it was I had a terrific time. I like to stay at a resort that is not on top of all the others, and this one fits the bill perfectly. The pool is huge and right next to the ocean. The sea food in the restaurant by the beach was superb and I was able to take a moonlit stroll on the beach afterwards. Because I stayed in the off season, the spa was offering a deal on 3 treatments. They have a terrific facility and I hated to leave. The rooms have been renovated since the last time I was there 2 years ago. I liked the new decor. Taxi rides were reasonable to the malecon, which also has been redone and makes Puerto Vallarta much more enjoyable. If you are used to paying hotel prices for food and drinks, then you won't be surprised at the pricing. If you are used to the town prices, then you will be in for sticker shock! Overall, a great time was had and I would probably go back when in PV again.

Room Tip: I specifically asked for a room overlooking the pool because I like the view and the deck.
2  Thank NachesANDi
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for a week at the Casa Magna Marriott Hotel in Puerto Vallarta, my husband and I and our two sons age 21. The rooms were beautiful, the staff without exception friendly and helpful, and we met other guests there at the same time as we were who enhanced our stay and made it even more enjoyable. At first I thought the vendors on the beach would be a detraction, but they were respectful if you were not interested, and if you are interested they have quality items at good prices. Everyone had a friendly spirit. We took a couple of great side trips, one of them learning to surf with VTA Surf n' Dive school (excellent), and a trip to the Marietas Islands where we saw a ton of whales and birds such as the blue footed booby. All in all a trip with great memories. We will definately book with Marriott again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Peg P
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We loved the location near the marina. There are lots of dining options in the marina area outside of the resort. The spa and fitness facilities are also nice. The big disappointments were associated with their elite status perk offerings and the activities booked through the concierge. Since we are elite members we were told that coffee would be delivered to the room each day since they don't offer a lounge with free breakfast. This means that they bring a packet of coffee to you to make yourself in your coffee maker. That seems like a standard offering in any Marriott so we felt misled. They also offered us an upgraded room for a fee each night but our room was very average. Also any activities we booked through the hotel were problematic. We booked a 4 hour horseback ride that took 8 hours due to a flat tire and lots of stops picking up other guests from NV, PV, and MV. Our snorkeling trip was supposed to be half day but took all day because one of the engines was out and then they ran out of gas so we ended up being towed in. We won't be back.

Room Tip: If using points, don't pay an upgrade fee- not worth it.
4  Thank Katie S
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate your comments. I am sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties during your stay with us, please rest assure that I have brought your observations to our Concierge Department’s attention in order for them to make a further investigation with the tour operators. It is imperial for us to know we are recommending our guests high quality activities outside of our hotel.

I also want to thank you for bringing to my attention your feelings regarding the service you received as an elite member, I will personally supervise that our staff receives reinforce on the training regarding Marriott Rewards Members.

For further assistance or feedback, please feel free to contact me at +52 (322) 226 00 10 or by e-mail at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com I will be happy to assist you, I kindly request you to please refer to this comment when contacting us.

Kind Regards,
Teresa Paredes

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The view from our room was beautiful. Each morning the buffet breakfast was the best on any hotel I've stayed. The staff was very accommodating when anything was needed. My spa experience was delightful. I enjoyed the gym with updated equipment and a large stretching room. Will most definitely be retuning.

Room Tip: Floors 3 and higher have a better view of the ocean.
4  Thank tammy k
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for a week during Christmas, and although it was plenty busy there was ample room to not make it feel over-crowded. This was my second stay here, and again I was very pleased with everything. The rooms are a good size and very clean, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff is always friendly. Air conditioning worked great. There are several restaurants on the property, and most of them are good. We did eat at the Champions Sports bar for dinner one night, and the burgers were just ok. But, if that's the worst of it I'd say not too bad! The pool is very large and very nice. There are plenty of chairs and umbrellas for everyone. Of course we had to play the game of putting towels on our selected chairs by the pool early in the morning. We were never too bothered by the local vendors on the beach, and we always felt plenty safe. It's a $10 taxi ride into downtown, which we did for a day of shopping. I really have nothing but all positives to say about this property; I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lynn_0130
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We flew in a day earlier than our reservation for our condo, so we booked at the Casa Magna Marriot resort and spa and it was very nice! (beautiful). Would stay there again for sure! Had there breakfast buffet the next morning and it was fabulous! There soaps and shampoo and lotions are bath and body works!

Room Tip: we had a beautiful beach veiw room, and was quiet.
2  Thank sully3607