“Amazing Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Diego, California
“Amazing Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The view from our room was beautiful. Each morning the buffet breakfast was the best on any hotel I've stayed. The staff was very accommodating when anything was needed. My spa experience was delightful. I enjoyed the gym with updated equipment and a large stretching room. Will most definitely be retuning.

Room Tip: Floors 3 and higher have a better view of the ocean.
4 Thank tammy k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for a week during Christmas, and although it was plenty busy there was ample room to not make it feel over-crowded. This was my second stay here, and again I was very pleased with everything. The rooms are a good size and very clean, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff is always friendly. Air conditioning worked great. There are several restaurants on the property, and most of them are good. We did eat at the Champions Sports bar for dinner one night, and the burgers were just ok. But, if that's the worst of it I'd say not too bad! The pool is very large and very nice. There are plenty of chairs and umbrellas for everyone. Of course we had to play the game of putting towels on our selected chairs by the pool early in the morning. We were never too bothered by the local vendors on the beach, and we always felt plenty safe. It's a $10 taxi ride into downtown, which we did for a day of shopping. I really have nothing but all positives to say about this property; I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lynn_0130
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We flew in a day earlier than our reservation for our condo, so we booked at the Casa Magna Marriot resort and spa and it was very nice! (beautiful). Would stay there again for sure! Had there breakfast buffet the next morning and it was fabulous! There soaps and shampoo and lotions are bath and body works!

Room Tip: we had a beautiful beach veiw room, and was quiet.
2 Thank sully3607
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Just back from a week long family vacation at this Marriott. Very nice place. Amazing buffet breakfast every day with local delicacies and standard american breakfast fare. Well worth the price and even better if you get it included in your room cost.
Nice pool, nice beach, great staff- they work their tails off. Beach vendors are ubiquitous but not pushy at all.
The only thing to be aware of and factor in to your stay is the total 19% room tax for hotels. We knew there would be tax, but almost 20% ? Remember that whatever you are quoted, you will then be paying another 1/5th on top of that so factor that in to your stay or be prepared for some sticker shock.
Also, when we arrived at the PV airport, I noticed the Marriott had a stand alone area at baggage claim where you could book your taxi to the hotel. The Marriott employee quoted me a price of $38 USD. We paid about $18 USD for a taxi outside and its only about a 5 minute ride to the hotel. So dont use their service at the airport to connect to a taxi or you will be vastly overpaying.

Room Tip: Rooms fronting the beach are highly desirable..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ColoradomanDenver
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed another week at the Casa Magna in December. We love going in Mid-December, it's still slow and there is never any trouble getting a chair by the pool. Oscar does a great job with the restaurants and if you find it too pricey then walk over to the Marina (10 minutes) and visit Victors or any other number of places. Great place to just relax in the sun. Cab ride downtown is up to $10.00 US or 100 Pesos but if you have not been there then please go! Very worth while for a daytime adventure. Relax and enjoy the Casa Magna, I know I will every December!!!

Room Tip: Join the Marriott Rewards Program and check their site for specials! And you may get an upgrade jus...
2 Thank DreamingMissouri
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We made our reservation on line with Hotwire. I'm not sure I would use that service again. The Hotel offers an all inclusive package but when I tried to change my reservation I was given the run around by the Marriott and Hot wire. But that's another review. Back to the hotel. Very clean, great view from our room.Clean towels for the pool as long as you went to the cabana during the hours of operation. We didn't eat at the restaurants in the hotel much. Clean pool, clean beaches, clean bathrooms. We felt very safe there. Only complaint about housekeeping was get it done earlier. Twice in our 6 days there we came back after a full day of activities and really wanted to shower and take a nap but our room had not been cleaned, this was betweem 3:30-4pm . I spotted the girl in the hallway and exchanged our towels for fresh ones. It was fine. But when we asked for a late check out since our flight was in the afternoon we were told we couldn't have anything after 12:30. But our room was never cleaned before 3. We got ripped off on our cab ride from the airport to the hotel. $350 pesos to get there! OUCH. But the trip from the hotel to the airport was only 50 pesos. I would stay here again. But wouldn't use Hot wire again. I felt like at check in and prior to our arrival that since our reservation was booked through a third party we were not treated as 'real' guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy D
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend in December 2012. It was a very nice stay! I was here many years ago and the rooms have all been renovated. It's a very nice property, friendly staff and great location. The upkeep it top notch, there was no garbage, clean beaches, clean swimming pool area, etc.
I got a massage in the spa which was wonderful. A very relaxing spa and good rates. I ate in all three restaurants which were very good especially the one by the beach.
The only complaint was that I came down here to relax, sleep in, etc. and the doors to the rooms open to a courtyard and tend to slam shut very hard. I was woken up each day/night by slamming doors. It would be good if they hotel put a sign on the door to suggest to people not to let their doors slam shut.
I also got the breakfast included rate which was a good deal. The buffet was very well stocked, fresh food and fruits, made to order eggs and waffles. In addition there are a ton of local/Mexican items to choose from. Very good breakfast was had each day!
The hotel to Malecon was $8-10 each way and about 10 minutes. I also had the Marriott pick me up at PVR which was a great move. I highly recommend this.
Also, the Marina district food was okay, not great, but it is a 5 minute walk so it is easy to get to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo