3,752 results
All reviewscasa magnalas casitaschampions sports barvictor aguilarmikado restaurantmarina areabreakfast buffetswim up barocean viewchief conciergeshort walk to the marinapool conciergegreat poolclose to the airportbell staffminutes from the airportcab ride
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed there with my kids in August of 2012. I found the staff extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel was incredibly clean and well maintained. The food hotel grounds were fabulous.
The bed were comfy and rooms were huge. The were three of us and we did not feel cramped at all.
I highly recommend this hotel for a family fun vacation. I will revisit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank livehappy01
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Casa Magna Marriott Puerto Vallarta for two nights this past weekend (11/2, 3/ 2012). We wished we had more time. This is for sure a place that we will return in the future! Love the beach, love their pool and the whole entire city! Great for family!

Room Tip: We had an ocean front view room on the 7th floor! Absolutely loved it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ashley Y
Reviewed November 1, 2012

You just can’t beat the location of this fine, expansive Marriott resort. Tucked away just 2 km from the airport, this place can’t be beat. You’ll enjoy outstanding personal service, a hotel with really all the amenities: a decent gym, the best spa in the city, good restaurants, including a showstopping breakfast buffet. Where else can you find steaming bowls of pozole, Oaxacan tamales, made-to-order omelettes, among many other items? The prices I would consider moderate to somewhat pricey, but certainly in keeping with what the Marriott represents around the world. The place is so well kept, clean and spotless. Sure, it could use a few layers of pain in some parts and some better lighting, but I am definitely coming back here in the future.
Some quibbles: the dinner place La Estancia is NOT a buffet, or does not normally offer a buffet for dinner. I asked the front desk and they told me yes, but no –they don’t. They just don’t get that many people at night. But they do offer an a la carte menu that’s good. Not a lot of items, really ---apps, entrees, desserts, etc., but all are good. Beef has a good flavor and the tres leches cake was a standout. Also you can skip the otherwise lively US style sports bar, Champions. Buffalo chicken wings, the specialty of this place that resembles an American sports bar, are just not great: gloppy, unimaginative, and severely oversauced. Then again you might ask, with all the marvelous Mexican dishes to explore here, why would I even order this?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank A L
Reviewed October 29, 2012

From the front entrance of the property to the chairs on the beach, this hotel is beautiful! Clean, efficient and very friendly, we enjoyed our stay. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty in making sure we had everything we needed to enjoy ourselves. Issues such as money exchanges, and directions were easily handled. The Breakfast buffet provided endless choices. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bars and entertainment noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ib2qtpie
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a dream vacation destination. Prepare to be pampered. The rooms are amazing, with either great views of the pool/ocean or some with just views of the ocean.

THe staff is helpful and the rooms are spotless. The suites are amazing.

The only downside of the hotel is the registration and check out process, or if you need anything at all from the Front Desk. The Front Desk staff is literally the slowest staff I have EVER experienced at a hotel and I am at a hotel 4-5 nights a week! One time during my stay, there were only 2 people in line before me and it took 20 minutes!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the building towards the water!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jarod M
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your valuable comments, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the facilities and the service.

Please accept my apologies for the waiting time you experienced at the Front Desk, remain assure that I have already brought this matter to the Front Desk Manager’s attention and we will work in joint with Human Resources to provide with additional training for the Front Desk staff in order to improve the quality of the service they provide to our distinguished guests.

We look forward to have you as a guest again in a near future; if you wish to provide with further feedback or need any additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at +52 (322) 226 0010 or at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com, it will be my pleasure to help you.